• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Teamspeak Server Information / Contributions / and Help

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 DekkoCards

DekkoCards

Administrator

• 285 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:51 AM

Community Goals: $25.16 Current Balance

Server Renewal: May 1, 2015

Current Goal: $86.40 for 6 Month Reactivation Cycle in May (May 2015-November 2015 Live Status)

Hey there fellow Romantics,

As many of you know, we have a Community Teamspeak server that is open to all members to join and chat, play and simply hang out with each other. The information can be found in this thread here, but I will list it below as well.

Romantics Community Teamspeak Information

• Server IP: theromantics.typefrag.com:5455
  • Password: watr9

There are a few simple rules in the server if you decide to join. The rules that apply to the stream apply within the Teamspeak. We also ask that you try to join the right channel for what it is you're doing and that you try not to disturb other channels that may be in the middle of gaming matches or personal conversations. You are welcome to invite your friends to come into the server if you're playing with them but we do ask that you keep the information somewhat private outside of our community.

Donations and Contributions

We have a donation option on the sidebar of this website, but I wanted to be able to let people donate to the Teamspeak server directly so that they know what their money is going towards. I have been providing the Teamspeak server out of pocket for the community and while I'm not demanding or requiring anyone to donate, any type of contribution would be greatly appreciated.

Our current server fee is $86.40 every 6 months with a 45 user limit. The next payment cycle will not begin until May of 2015, so it wont be changing anytime soon. If we get enough donations I will crunch numbers and talk with Wes about what the best route to go is. We will make changes to this if the need arises. 

Here a link to the Teamspeak specific donation page on typefrag.com:

Teamspeak Help

While I have been in charge of the server for almost a year, I have never dealt with Teamspeak prior to this and was used to Ventrilo. Therefore my knowledge with Teamspeak is rather limited and I just don't have the time to put into trying to figure out how to set up permissions and private channels in a way that I would like. If there is anyone out there with an already existing knowledge of how to set that type of stuff up please PM me here on the forums or on twitch as I may have a job for you to do.

Thanks for your time and I hope that those who do use the server have enjoyed their experiences and will continue to be a part of that vocal community we have been building outside of the twitch chat.

#2 DekkoCards

DekkoCards

Administrator

• 285 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:38 PM

Current Teamspeak Administration 
If you have any issues or questions with the Teamspeak please contact one of the following members who have administrative power on the server. If they are not currently available on the server try sending them a PM on here or twitch. 

#3 DekkoCards

DekkoCards

Administrator

• 285 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:06 PM

**Reserved**

#4 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:43 PM

Thanks for taking care of the server Dekko. If we need to do anything else funds wise or whatever, just let me know.

#5 Soulztealer

Soulztealer

Advanced Member

• 95 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:31 PM

It might be a possibility that we may need the 50 slot when Archeage comes out on the 16th of September just let me know if dont have the funds and I will take care of it and if you need any other help with the TS server just let me know. Made a donation  :)

b_560x95.png

#6 GingerAleJones

GingerAleJones

• 5 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:27 PM

I'll try and get in a donation this week towards the goal.

#7 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

That's true. The ArcheAge thing might blow the teamspeak servers up on the 12th and 16th.

#8 DekkoCards

DekkoCards

Administrator

• 285 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:24 AM

It might be a possibility that we may need the 50 slot when Archeage comes out on the 16th of September just let me know if dont have the funds and I will take care of it and if you need any other help with the TS server just let me know. Made a donation  :)

The next payment cycle isn't until the middle of November. I have it paid off until then at least, so even if we decrease the number of slots on the server it wont happen until then. Keep in mind that the only reason I mentioned it is because for the last four months the numbers have never came close to half that, so I just considered it a waste of money if we don't need it. I keep an eye on the server load so if I see we get more people I have no problem keeping it at that, or even increasing it if need be.

Also, I just want to make it clear this isn't a "If you don't pay, you don't play" type of post. Any support in the form of server-side help or donations is appreciated, but I will make sure to keep the server up with or without it. The money obviously helps but if we don't meet whatever our quota is, I'll continue footing the bill like I've done in the past. Don't feel pressured into paying money thinking that I'm going to shut the server down if I don't get the funds. We will make sure it stays active one way or another.

We're currently sitting at $60 balance which is awesome. That means our server is currently paid for until at least the middle of February at 50 slots. I'll make sure to keep an eye on things to see our best course of action for future payments. If we reach $144 by November I'll probably switch to the year plan so that we have the server at 50 until November 2015 before it has to be renewed again.

#9 Soulztealer

Soulztealer

Advanced Member

• 95 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:28 PM

Yeah I know that its not a pay to play type as you have been very good with that and we all appreciate it greatly:) I know what you are saying about the last 4 months but we are getting a good response from the community that want to play Archeage that were not able to before because it cost $150 but now that it is free to play we might have a pretty active amount of players so that is good we have enough for the 50 slot I really think we will need it :)

b_560x95.png

#10 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:54 PM

Awesome Dekko. Thanks for helping out folks!

#11 milksgonebadd

milksgonebadd

Advanced Member

• 117 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:52 AM

Just curious, Dekko. Is it possible to get some info on whether or not a bill is paid by the community and not out of yours or Wes' pocket? 50 bucks per 3 months aint bad and I would gladly take some of that load off of you guys. Also, what are the costs to keep the forums up?

#12 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:33 PM

That link to donate keeps track of the current monies being paid toward the server. Dekko actually covers quite a bit of cost on things and has for a while. This website for example, costs a fair amount per year to keep up. Dekko covers the cost of the actual applications that go into making the site look like it does and function the way it does and I pay for the hosting, domains etc... I'm not 100% sure what the yearly total of all of it is at the moment as I dropped a bunch of packaged stuff I had with other domain names in preparation for all our web series stuff that never came to pass after Aaron left.

Dekko, I would be OK with you maintaining a thread or a plugin or something that shows total cost of everything with a funds tracker or something. Keep in mind, it's not NECESSARY for people to pay for everything but it certainly does help immensely. Dekko makes absolutely nothing off of this stuff and I don't even make half of minimum wage on it. It's all appreciated greatly.

Btw, we miss you Dekko :D

#13 DekkoCards

DekkoCards

Administrator

• 285 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:27 AM

Just curious, Dekko. Is it possible to get some info on whether or not a bill is paid by the community and not out of yours or Wes' pocket? 50 bucks per 3 months aint bad and I would gladly take some of that load off of you guys. Also, what are the costs to keep the forums up?

The link in the original post for this thread shows the current funds offered by the community for the Teamspeak server. As we currently stand, the community will fund the next billing cycle if we keep it at it's current status, which is $54.00 in November, as we have $60 in the fund. If we continue to get funds until November and are able to reach a secondary goal, such as a six month ($96) or year ($144) cycle, I'll let everyone know. Currently though it's set up for payment every 3 months. The longer the cycle, the more of a discount we get though, which is why it's a goal I'd like to see us hit. It means the server will be live longer and it also saves us money in the end to put towards other content.

The website is a bit different as the fee depends on what upgrades. There are the fees for invisionpower which is what we use to run the website, and there is the fee for godaddy. I'm not entirely sure how much Wes pays towards GoDaddy.com, and if it's monthly or what not. The fees for Invisionpower are mainly for security and version updates and aren't always necessary to purchase. I would say it's about it's about $50 every 6 months to keep that stuff up to date (Content, Forums, Blogs). Without asking Wes, I believe GoDaddy is around $12.99 a month, but that could change depending on how long he has been a member and how long of a billing cycle he pays.

Keep in mind that any additional funds we receive would go towards the website, teamspeak, promotional aspects of the community, and obviously includes twitch and youtube content. One of the things I'd like to see is a skin dedicated towards sci-fi and/or Star Citizen specifically on the website since that game is currently the goal for the community at large. That type of work is costly, but is something I keep on my mind as we receive donations and funds via the Paypal option on the right side of the forum. This is simply a side thing though and not something that we are actively trying to fund.

If I can find the time, or the app, to implement some form of donation tracker on the website for non-teamspeak funds I will make sure to do so. It'll let people know what our goal is monthly, bi-monthly, or yearly and people can fund or donate accordingly. I do appreciate everyone's interest in what goes on behind the community, and obviously everything that you guys do, whether it be financial or not, continues to be helpful and makes the community a better place.

#14 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:05 PM

I spent about $700 on Godaddy last year. That was including some stuff we don't use any longer though. This year it will be around $300 to $400 for the year. I have to pay for a bit larger hosting than normal because of bursts of traffic we receive and just wanting enough storage for allowing people to do whatever on the side, like post images and anything we may want to implement.

#15 Mikcoon

Mikcoon

Advanced Member

• 69 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:06 AM

Have you considered switching to mumble? I know a provider where you can get 50 slots for $5.50 a month.

Somone said "Internet spaceships are more important than life and death to you" and I said "Listen, its more important than that"

#16 DekkoCards

DekkoCards

Administrator

• 285 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:24 PM

Have you considered switching to mumble? I know a provider where you can get 50 slots for $5.50 a month.

We've discussed the idea of other voice programs, and Teamspeak won out by a large margin. If money was the issue, I'd encourage looking into it...but it seems most people would rather pay to continue to use something they are comfortable with.

The next billing fee of $54.00 will be charged automatically on November 7, 2014. We have $75.00 in the funds pool so we are good until February 7th currently. After the November charge there will be $21.00 in the funds pool to put towards the February renewal fee. I'll make sure to post in this thread if anything changes.

#17 DekkoCards

DekkoCards

Administrator

• 285 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:18 AM

Update on the Teamspeak Server...

It's November, and I just renewed the Romantics Teamspeak server. I'd like to thank everyone who donated and put money towards the group payment we had set up. I've decided to drop the maximum server size from 50 to 45 for the time being as I don't see that being any issue over the next couple months. If anything happens to change we will make sure we adjust the server size accordingly. The main reasoning for the downgrade is because I saw it as a waste of money on slots we currently do not need. It also allowed me to use the complete funding pool of $75.00 to renew the server for the next 6 months instead of 3. It was a little more than what we had in the pool, but I had no problem throwing up the remainder in order to ensure we keep the Romantics Teamspeak live and active for our community members.

With all of that said, the server is set until May 1, 2015. At that point the renewal fee for another six months will be $86.40. That gives up plenty of time to collect the necessary money for the renewal if people wish to donate towards it. Again, I appreciate the generosity and cooperation from our community and teamspeak users and hope we can continue to keep the server around for those who wish or need to use it. 

#18 MuddyUnders

MuddyUnders

• 10 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:26 AM

Hey guys!

Any chance I could get my own channel in the Teamspeak server with full mod priv's?

I have been on the stream team for a while!

#19 milksgonebadd

milksgonebadd

Advanced Member

• 117 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:48 AM

If no one replies back for a while Muddy, ask Soulztealer or Gingeralejones on the Romantics TS. One of them should get you squared away.

#20 DekkoCards

DekkoCards

Administrator

• 285 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:53 AM

I'll set it up tonight when I get home from work. I created the channel, just need to add the permissions and such. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users