• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Teamspeak Server Information / Contributions / and Help

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 MuddyUnders

MuddyUnders

• 10 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:28 PM

Ok thanks Dekko

Let me know if there is anything you need from me. 

#22 Chuck_stop

Chuck_stop

• 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:13 PM

So I have my own channel in the Teamspeak now thank you for that! I just need to know what my password is lol my email is ChuckHedden @gmail.com. Thanks so much for the channel it makes me feel even more apart of the team.

#23 DekkoCards

DekkoCards

Administrator

• 285 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:46 PM

It's coming up on that time again Romantics. The current cycle for our Teamspeak expires May 1st, 2015. I haven't been keeping an eye on the traffic in and out of the Teamspeak so if anyone has any suggestions or information on the amount of people who hang out in there daily please let me know so I can adjust the limits accordingly if it allows us to save some cash.

For now I'm going to keep it at it's current state, which means the cost will be $86.40 for 45 users for 6 months. This will run us from May 1-November 1, 2015. If anyone is willing to help with the bill, the donation link is in the original post for this thread. Any contribution is appreciated and helps us keep an active hub for our community to hang out and chat in.

If anyone has any other comments, suggestions, or questions please leave them in this thread, thanks.

#24 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:53 AM

Newbie wannabe admin here with a question - are there any drawbacks to requesting a non-profit license from teamspeak and hosting our own ts3 server? Isn't it cheaper than paying for 3rd party solutions? I'm currently hosting a basic, free 32-slot server for my friends and from what I understand, it's not a big problem to upgrade it to 512 slots with the NPL. I don't have as much experience with it though so .... where's the catch?

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#25 DekkoCards

DekkoCards

Administrator

• 285 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:53 PM

I have no experience with hosting my own, at least not one that was active 24/7. The Teamspeak server has been through TypeFrag for about a year and a half now and doesn't have many issues. If someone knew more about that and was able to guarantee that it would be up 99% of the time with little to no issues, I guess it'd be something Wes could consider. I simply help fund the Teamspeak server and help out if I'm needed, but I gave a majority of control of it over to Soulz a while ago.

#26 DekkoCards

DekkoCards

Administrator

• 285 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:48 PM

Just a quick update on the Teamspeak server. The Renewel Date is Next Friday, May 1st. We have $25 dollars in the pool that was donated out of the $86.40. As always, I'm willing to help out but I can't convince myself to put up the other $60 when I don't even use the Teamspeak anymore. We'll see what happens over the next week, and I'll adjust the server limit accordingly. I talked to a couple people who frequent it and I was told that we average about 15 people at the popular times, so if it comes to it, I'll probably drop the limit down to 20-25 person limit to save myself some money.

This shouldn't affect the regulars much, but might cause issues in the future should we get or have a need to bring large groups of people when playing multiplayer games. Should that need arise, we'll look into it then.

For those who wish to contribute, use this link: Teamspeak Funds

P.S. Someone mentioned running a Teamspeak server in this thread. That could be another possibility if we can't get anyone helping support our current Teamspeak setup.

#27 DekkoCards

DekkoCards

Administrator

• 285 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:13 PM

UPDATE: Thanks to Dan, Wes, and whoever donated the first $25 dollars we are sitting at $75 for the renewal this coming Friday. This is awesome and surely appreciated by those that use our Teamspeak on a daily basis. If anyone still wants to donate, the Teamspeaks funds link allows you to deposit money towards it. 

With that said, the renewal is $86.40 for 6 months. I was expecting to pay around $25-40 myself, so I'm going to most likely bump it up to a year for the Teamspeak server so we don't have to worry about asking for support to keep it running for at least another year. It's a 40% discount per month instead of the 20% if we increase the cycle from 6 months to a year, so I'm willing to put up the remainder so that'll save us all money in the long run.

Again, Thanks for the support of those who did donate (I'm assuming the other person is Soulz), and hope everyone continues enjoying their times in the Romantics Teamspeak Server.  wesFist

#28 Nahku

Nahku

Advanced Member

• 303 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:33 PM

No prob.  o7

I tossed some more at the fund link to help get it to cover the first 6 months.   I appreciate you taking care of the TS, it's nice to have.

#29 DekkoCards

DekkoCards

Administrator

• 285 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:48 PM

No prob.  o7

I tossed some more at the fund link to help get it to cover the first 6 months.   I appreciate you taking care of the TS, it's nice to have.

Thanks man, every little bit helps. It's nice to see people are still in there using it daily. I renewed the server for an entire year. The next renewal date is April 30th, 2016. Huzzah! Hope everyone continues to have good times in there with our community.

#30 Nahku

Nahku

Advanced Member

• 303 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:50 PM

Thanks man, every little bit helps. It's nice to see people are still in there using it daily. I renewed the server for an entire year. The next renewal date is April 30th, 2016. Huzzah! Hope everyone continues to have good times in there with our community.

Thanks Dekko.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users