• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Guerrilla Gardening (aka "Illegal farming")

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Griffith

Griffith

• 23 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:29 AM

Something to consider:

Guerrilla gardening (aka "Illegal farming") is the act of gardening on land that the gardeners do not have the legal rights to utilize. The land that is used by a "guerrilla gardener" is usually abandoned or perceived to be secret and/or tucked away from players. Land used by the player is to raise plants/trees and frequently focused on food crops or plants intended for questing or purposes of fiscal gain.

Things to know:

1. It costs labor to plant a tree or seed outside of private land. So be mindful about how large you are willing to make your farm as labor will be critical for the opening stages of the game
  2. Trees render from over 300+ meters away and call lots of attention. So dont get mad of you get looted lol.
  3. Plant things that have quick timers.  the longer you are in 1 location for any given time, the greater the chance of being found.
  4. Characters below level 15 can not steal or uproot, so consider noobie areas as a good place to start since you can mitigate the amount of people who can actually steal from you (In later stages of the game, everyone will have a level 50 lol so this wont last long after release)
  5. a Guerrilla garden can render amazing experience and revenue since you arent limited by a finite space such as a 16x16 or 24x24.  We have members of the guild (who shall not be named for the legal ramifications of not paying their ingame taxes...artemis,lava,soulz,fox,rougelife) who have managed to plant hundreds and hundreds of crops and harvest and resell on the market for well over 200% of the original seed price.

Attached Thumbnails

• ScreenShot0269.jpg

#2 Griffith

Griffith

• 23 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:38 AM

Food for thought...

As I wrote this blog, someone not only came and looted my garden but decided it be nice to use their horse to push me over the edge...

boo.

D1F86zG.jpg?1

#3 MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

Advanced Member

• 140 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:34 AM

Thought about it, may give it a shot when the game is live later on.

#4 Griffith

Griffith

• 23 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:30 PM

mmkay

#5 TheWinslow

TheWinslow

Advanced Member

• 73 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:10 AM

I found a fantastic spot where I could routinely plant trees that I could leave for 24+ hours and only got looted 1/10 times or so. Only problem is that you are limited to approximately 10 trees or so.

#6 Griffith

Griffith

• 23 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:16 AM

yeah I have one of those as well. I typically just load it up with Bundles.

#7 Zatara

Zatara

• 13 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:25 AM

Will guerrilla aqua-farming work?  If so it would make more sense than paying taxes for a piece of the ocean floor.

#8 Soulztealer

Soulztealer

Advanced Member

• 95 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:11 PM

Will guerrilla aqua-farming work?  If so it would make more sense than paying taxes for a piece of the ocean floor.

I wish, aqua farms are a rip off IMO!!

b_560x95.png

#9 TheWinslow

TheWinslow

Advanced Member

• 73 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:05 AM

At the end of alpha the underwater farms were extremely profitable (at least when I was still using it they were). Not worth the annoyance though.

#10 Soulztealer

Soulztealer

Advanced Member

• 95 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:37 PM

Yeah for sure annoying!!

b_560x95.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users