• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

I missed you guys! (long story - no tl;dr)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 AquilonQc

AquilonQc

• 16 posts
  • LocationVal-d'Or, Quebec, Canada

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:14 AM

Hello everyone!

I haven't been the most active member of the romantics community lately. I have been away for a while but it wasn't really by choice. I am coming back slowly but I wanted to take some time to share some of the events That passed through my life recently. The romantics is the most tight-knit community i have ever been part of and everyone is so supportive... I thought it would be the least thing I could do to share some of that with you guys.

so.... 3 years ago, They found i had a tumor on my left thyroid. They didn't know if it was "Cancerous??" (not sure of the word). They made me pass a lot of tests to end up with almost no result (3 biopsy that came back with no results). When I learn that, it kinda changed my perspective on life. So I decided to start doing the things I always wanted to do. I couldn't leave my day job but I knew I could at least put some time aside once the kids were sleeping!

I have 3 big passion in life: Drawing, writing and cinema. Of course, stupid as I am, I decide to start 3 projects at the same time! So, in the last 2 years, I started to write a novel, I started a graphic novel, and I wrote a script for a short movie that I would ultimately produce. That Short movie project was the first reason why I came into contact with the romantics at the first place. At that time, Wes was with his cousin Aaron and I was very interested in their work. They both helped me a lot btw.

All that to say that two of my projects; the graphic novel and the short movie, were made in cooperation with my best friend Francis, which some of you might know under the name "Ventouse" in the romantic community. We both know each other since 5th grade and we share a lot of interests together. We both wrote and drew the graphic novel together (it's not finished yet). We wrote the script for the short movie and Francis even plays the main rĂ´le in it. And that's where things started to go awry.

We shot the majority of the movie on september of last year. Due to time constraints, we had to re-schedule for another shooting. Winter was coming really fast so we scheduled a shooting for next spring, around April-May. If any of you ever produced a movie, you must know all the hassle it is to shoot a movie in two 6-months appart shootings. I have 5 actors in the movie so I had to make sure they would keep the same clothes, be sure that their hair would be cut the way they were, make sure the location stays the same etc.
So, comes April. We were about to schedule a precise date for the shooting when Francis came back from the hospital with some test results. He had cancer. Some kind of Lymphoma. The news hit me like a ton of brick, and so did to him. At first we didn't really know how to react. How does a 33 years old man should react to getting cancer? We talked a lot. I was afraid too... I still didn't get any results from my tests about the tumor I have. With all that stress and preparation coming. Yes, after a lot of talks with his doctors, Francis Chose to get chemotherapy. He was to leave for 9 weeks in Montreal to get treated. We didn't shoot the rest of the movie. So he left for Montreal. I spoke to him every evening to get news and cheer him up a bit. most of the time he was alone there. His girlfriend was pregnant and could not get there all the time. I was a pretty hard time knowing he was there having the hardest time of his life.

Meanwhile, I received a call from my doctor telling me They would remove half of my thyroid with the tumor on it. I had surgery on July 10th. Everything went well.

Now, Francis is back from Montreal, he still feels weak but everything seems to come back slowly. He lost alsmot all his hair but it's growing back now. obviously we still can'T shoot the rest of the movie, I don'T even know if it'S gonna happen. We were talking of starting on a new project instead.

On my side, I have an appointment on sept 11th for a follow up on my surgery and they will finally have the results on the tumor. They say the chances of it being a cancer are almost none but it stresses me a bit nonetheless.

I am coming back to my projects slowly. I am actually preparing a small office in my house to work in. I'm in the process of starting a youtube channel with a show called "The game scryer". I wanted to do something on twitch but my internet upload here only allows me to create youtube content. I might even have a webcam soon. I know some of the community members have talked of doing podcasts in the past.

Anyways, Thank you guys for reading me. I missed you all!

Francis aKa AquilonQc

P.S: yes, me and my best friend are both called "Francis"

#2 AquilonQc

AquilonQc

• 16 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

Oh, and for "Ventouse". His Girlfriend is due to have the baby this week!

#3 Palaciouss

Palaciouss

Advanced Member

• 55 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:02 AM

Good to hear that you're still doing well and doing the stuff you want to do in life! As you said the community is strong and we stand by you in whatever way you need us! I hope Ventouse and yourself get to 100% and make sure to keep us up to date with your awesome projects! And congrats to Ventouse on the expected new arrival!

Don't feel disheartened to message any of us if you need any help!

Palaciouss

#4 AquilonQc

AquilonQc

• 16 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:28 AM

Thank you Palaciouss! I didn't want to sound to egocentric with this post but it actually made me feel a lot better to share the story. I know most of you guys went through some sort of difficulty in life and would understand. Thank you again!

#5 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:48 PM

Oh wow man. Thanks so much for sharing that with us. I can definitely appreciate parts of your situation. Most people here already know I'm a Christian and I don't mind saying it. I will pray for your results and for Ventouse as well. It's depressing having to deal with cancer in any form at any age and the best we can do is be positive and keep on living life the best we can.

You know that you will always have an understanding group of people within this community if you ever need to ask for help, a shoulder to lean on or even just to vent frustration. I'm glad you guys are coming back around and I'll pray for good results for you and a speedy and permanent recovery for Ventouse.

Love you guys. Keep on doing what you love to do.

#6 Mud_Mud

Mud_Mud

Advanced Member

• 41 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:09 PM

glad to have you back, man. can't wait to hang out again on the stream. sounds like you made the best out of a really tough situation, can't say I'd handle it as well. It takes a lot of strength. we're all hoping for the best on that check up appointment. Be sure to let us know how everything goes down, we're here for ya, dude.

#7 Soulztealer

Soulztealer

Advanced Member

• 95 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:09 PM

Hey man it is great to hear from you and I am very glad to hear that you are doing well. It will be good to see you around again and hope to see some Youtube content. We are behind you 100%. wesHeart

b_560x95.png

#8 AquilonQc

AquilonQc

• 16 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:12 AM

Quick update this morning. Went to the doctor's yesterday and... NO CANCER!!!!!! I can honestly say I have never been happier in my life!!! Thank you all for the nice words! It is appreciated beyond measure!

#9 Palaciouss

Palaciouss

Advanced Member

• 55 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:50 PM

Excellent Aquilon, very pleased for you! Hope to catch you sometime in stream or on TS! All the best man!

#10 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:43 PM

Awesome man. That's excellent news.

#11 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:35 AM

Congratulations man! Very glad to hear you beat it, you just made my day with that news so I can't even imagine how you feel :D

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#12 Mud_Mud

Mud_Mud

Advanced Member

• 41 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:49 PM

wow, what a relief. so good to hear everything's clear.

#13 TopGunner77

TopGunner77

• 3 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:50 PM

I'm glad to hear they came back with good news.. I also went through a similar situation where they thought I had Lymphoma. It turned out it was something else, but I can understand the stress and anxiety you have been through while waiting for your test results.

Glad to see you back!! :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users