• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Concern about the F2P model.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AquilonQc

AquilonQc

• 16 posts
  • LocationVal-d'Or, Quebec, Canada

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:18 PM

I was planning on at least giving a shot at Archeage but then I heard that, to get the best gear in the game, you need to craft. To craft, you need to farm, and to farm, you need something called "labor points"? And that if you don't pay, you get a ridiculous amount of labor points compared to the ones who pay. So basically i've been told that the game is actually Pay to Win on Farming.

Can anyone confirm this? Because right now i'm on the fence about this game. Thanks!

#2 Rushlock

Rushlock

Advanced Member

• 81 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:39 PM

Anyone can buy items off the AH far as I'm aware, only need for labor is if you want to craft/farm for yourself.

#3 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:04 AM

Technically the guild will help supply product for dedicated crafters. People can NEVER harvest everything on their properties because of the labor pool running out. You can definitely hook up with a farmer to get mats and stuff to craft for the guild etc...

For the auction house, you can purchase a ticket that will let you sell on the AH permanently. It's really cheap. I think the only thing you can't do in regard to the AH before buying that is sell on it. You can still buy on it I think.

#4 AquilonQc

AquilonQc

• 16 posts
  • LocationVal-d'Or, Quebec, Canada

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:45 AM

Oh! Thanks for the info. As long as there's a way a non-paying players can achieve end-game stuff I will approve the F2P model. On that note, I always tend to spend some money on F2P games I like. I would feel cheap using a service without even giving a single dollar.

#5 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:22 AM

We always say things like, "It's free so why not play it?" but in the end, what's our most valuable asset? Time. With something like this I justify the time in a few ways, one being streaming. The biggest justification of time spent on a game like this though would usually be enjoying something with friends or at least with people interested in the same thing and Romanticorp has a great core group that's always willing to help out and play with each other in Archeage.

I think there was about 25 people in the Teamspeak for Archeage last night. Maybe more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users