• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Comments for this build

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ranatoki

Ranatoki

• 15 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:45 PM

So my current comp runs Star Citizen to sluggish for my taste, even on low settings. My CPU is about 6 years old so I was looking at getting something new, but not to expensive. Just a comp for now until SC official release.

http://pcpartpicker....ki/saved/hZFmP6

In that one I picked out a decent CPU for under $100 and decent MOBO that is compatible with my current RAM and GPU. So what you guys think?

#2 Ulfberht

Ulfberht

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:59 AM

I just hate to see you purchase something when you will for sure need a new one in a while. It looks like a good upgrade but if you can fork over a little extra cash for a more current cpu socket, it might be worth it.

I just upgraded from a similar MB and Phenom II processor that I just dumped on my kids.. it still plays SC though. And the bottleneck was in the Graphics Card and not the CPU / MB.

#3 Ranatoki

Ranatoki

• 15 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:57 PM

I was mainly just looking to upgrade a bit because SC isn't coming out for maybe like 2 years. So this way I can still play the game without going down to single digits in FPS.  I have a GTX 750 right now and the game runs a bit too sluggish for me.

#4 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:14 AM

Hmm. I'm thinking that upgrade might not make too much of a difference with the GTX 750. Not 100% sure.

#5 Ranatoki

Ranatoki

• 15 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:40 PM

http://pcpartpicker....ki/saved/H3sV3C

Ok so I was looking at more comp stuff. And this new build is a bit more money, but I would be able to port most of it to the MAIN comp I am planning on getting. The CPU is better as well as the MOBO. I already have RAM that is compatible with the mobo and already own the GPU, and honestly I could alwasys do the EVGA step-up thing if I wanted a better GPU.

#6 Ranatoki

Ranatoki

• 15 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

http://pcpartpicker....ki/saved/tLbRsY

This is another build but using AMD CPU instead. It is about $100 bucks cheaper, but then I would be using AMD.

Oh just something I guess I should add, my current CPU is Intel Core i7-930.

#7 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:51 PM

I'll look over those for you tomorrow. Everything is happening at my house right now EVERYTHING!!! :D Trying to get stuff done today but I will look at it.

#8 Ranatoki

Ranatoki

• 15 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:49 PM

Oh I was talking with some friends, they are techies too, and some other sites. So I just up and bought the Intel set-up mainly because my room is hot as balls and AMD would make my house the surface of the sun. Should be here tomorrow and then I can RACE better. Amazon Prime is OP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users