• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Final upgrade [Update to post from april]

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lopodores

Lopodores

• 5 posts
  • LocationGermany - Leipzig

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:45 PM

Hello Romantics o/,

earlier this year i posted about my upgrade thoughts. I just got my final payment and wanted to upgrade (especially for Witcher3 in february <3333).

These are my speccs :

PC Processor 1155 + 775
Intel Core i5-3570K 4x 3,4 GHz

PC Cooler
Alpenföhn Civetta CPU Cooler

PC Ram
8192MB DDR3 1333MHz

PC Graphics PCI-E
2048 MB AMD Radeon HD 7850, DVI, HDMI, 2x Mini-DisplayPort

PC Mainboard 775 + 1155
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3V USB3.0 (Chipset: B75/mATX)

PC 1. Hard Drive
1000 GB SATA III, 7200upm

PC Powersupply
500 Watt Powersupply, OEM

PC Soundcard
Onboard Sound

So basically my only concern is the graphics card (the cpu should be alright according to a statement from Wes a while ago). My choice would be:

http://www.mindfacto...il-_976948.html.

Since i am a total idiot about hardware stuff i wanted to ask before ordering, does the card fit the (mainboard?????). And do i potentielly need a new supply as well. I already figured out that i need a new tower as well (- _ -) and then just all pack it to a PC guy to build it (since i a total dumbnut as i already mentioned).

Since my PC is only 1,5 years old i didn't want to replace everything...but if needed my budget is about 1,2k.

Much love from Germany,

Lopo

#2 Palaciouss

Palaciouss

Advanced Member

• 55 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:20 PM

Did some digging, that motherboard isn't good enough, it's bottle necking and will not support that GFX, so decided to do some compatibility checks regarding the CPU and GFX and my friend gave me his motherboard model. Turns out that the motherboard he has is compatible and very good, so I recommend it!

Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard

As i said before, the mobo isn't being made anymore indicating that it no longer supports the current generation of GFX's and so my only advice is a bigger case and a new Mobo to fit the compatibility of the other components.

Hope I was of help!

Palaciouss

#3 daedalus212

daedalus212

Advanced Member

• 129 posts
  • Locationcanada, ontario

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:47 AM

Did some digging, that motherboard isn't good enough, it's bottle necking and will not support that GFX, so decided to do some compatibility checks regarding the CPU and GFX and my friend gave me his motherboard model. Turns out that the motherboard he has is compatible and very good, so I recommend it!

Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard

As i said before, the mobo isn't being made anymore indicating that it no longer supports the current generation of GFX's and so my only advice is a bigger case and a new Mobo to fit the compatibility of the other components.

Hope I was of help!

Palaciouss

ok so this mobo wont work for him he needs a 1155 socket not an am3+ socket, his cpu and this mobo are not compatible... what i would say to go with is an amd fx 8350 it is 30 pounds cheaper and same performce as the i5 3570k, and it will work with the mobo palaciouss linked. also the mobo that you have listed lopodores isnt really up to the task of that cpu you are better off going with a mobo like this http://www.mindfacto...ail_791606.html one for the cpu you have listed. everthing else you have listed looks good, other then your ram speed is a little slow

"Never underestimate teamwork, It gives the enemy something else to shoot at" -(Murphy's law of war) ///// "I would give you sloppy, nutty kisses." -SQIRL 2015 /////  "It's just big, Just too big for my hands." -SQiRL 2015 /////
my links (twitter) (steam)

#4 Palaciouss

Palaciouss

Advanced Member

• 55 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:05 AM

ok so this mobo wont work for him he needs a 1155 socket not an am3+ socket, his cpu and this mobo are not compatible... what i would say to go with is an amd fx 8350 it is 30 pounds cheaper and same performce as the i5 3570k, and it will work with the mobo palaciouss linked. also the mobo that you have listed lopodores isnt really up to the task of that cpu you are better off going with a mobo like this http://www.mindfacto...ail_791606.html one for the cpu you have listed. everthing else you have listed looks good, other then your ram speed is a little slow

Yeah, needs more RAM for sure!

#5 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:11 AM

Hey Lopo. I'll look at this this weekend sometime and get you a link to a build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users