• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

CitizenCon 2014

Star Citizen CitizenCon

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:09 AM

I missed the original stream (due to it starting in the middle of the night here) and I just spent 4 hours in the bus travelling, so I can't wait to hear your thoughts on all the new stuff that was shown at the CitizenCon!

First, there's the planetside / PU demo showing off a Constellation landing on Stanton

There's also the awesome Drake Cutlass commercial.

I wouldn't dare forget the big Origin 890 Jump reveal! I hope you guys remembered to hide your wallets before the stream.

https://robertsspace...or-The-890-JUMP

So, what else happened on the stream? Are there any new reveals coming, how long does the CitizenCon last? What are your impressions and thoughts? 

P.S. Almost forgot to say that all 5 trainer ships in the Arena Commander are available for everyone to test for a week! This means that you can fly the Aurora, 300i, Hornet, M50 and the 350R until October 17th, so make sure to check them all out!

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#2 milksgonebadd

milksgonebadd

Advanced Member

• 117 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:49 AM

Cant wait to see the PU walk through to be released through the CIG Youtube... would love to watch all the things missed because of the camera work Kappa

#3 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:12 AM

Shubin mining station, 6km long :D

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#4 Spectre_7

Spectre_7

• 3 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:52 AM

I thought everything they showed was pretty awesome. I hadn't seen any of the planetside stuff before and it looks amazing and is only going to get better can't wait till we get to check it out for ourselves.

#5 AkaiMahoMiru

AkaiMahoMiru

Advanced Member

• 88 posts
  • LocationOakwood, GA

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:33 PM

Sweet, cant wait to see the PU more fleshed out in months to come!  :D

Banner.png

Best Regards!
AkaiMahoMiru

#6 Kylon Kostaja

Kylon Kostaja

Advanced Member

• 30 posts
  • LocationUSA Michigan

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:41 PM

A decent update on the game so far. I was a bit concerned about how bouncy the Constellation looked in the PU preview, but I'm sure that will be updated and worked on. I would have thought the more massive ships would be more sluggish and not as agile as the smaller ships. Mostly because I have a degree in physics so I nitpick things. 

I was also happy to see the stream start on time! That is a nice CIG first =)

#7 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:32 PM

Hopefully that agility on the Constellation is just a relativity thing. We didn't have anything close to it to really compare it to. I'm sure that will get tweaked a bunch since that ship is technically not considered flyable yet.

I was very impressed by the landing sequence. I was expecting just a loading screen. Adding in the custom landing sequence specifically for each port like that will be very cool. It keeps as much immersion as possible without letting people fly into and destroy the city manually lol...

The walk around planetside was stunning. I am very impressed they have it looking as nice as it does already even with all the placeholder stuff.

Cutlass commercial was cheesy but LOOKED cool at least. I'm not a massive fan of the Cutlass. I think it's possibly the ugliest ship in the game right now which could have a sort of charm for certain people. The variants for the Cutlass are a little underwhelming. They're just skins. I don't think there's much difference in each ship.

Lots of things were better about their live stream compared to previous streams including, starting on time for once. Glaring issues that have happened in every other live stream include things like, whoever is switching scenes during the commercial reveals needs to STOP SHOWING US THE CROWD while we're watching reveal videos... What are they thinking? NO ONE wants to see the crowd smack in the middle of a reveal video... Come on... Another huge issue, as usual, is the sound. I just do NOT get why they can't do decent sound. It doesn't even have to be top quality but make it at least listenable. What a nightmare the sound work was.

I was at the event in Boston and I saw the $25k worth of equipment they had upstairs for scene switching, streaming, sound mixing, etc... How the hell are they using all this equipment but don't have anyone that knows what type of microphone to use with or how to NOT use phantom power on mics that don't require it or vice versa? It sounded like Chris's mic needed phantom power and they did not provide it so they had no idea why it was so quiet and they cranked the gain and volume to make up for it. The result was nasty, nasty clipping and blowing our ear drums out every time Chris would yell. Chris, you don't have to yell man. You're wearing a microphone.

#8 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:45 PM

I too liked the landing sequence, BUT. It seems so long. If it ends up being unskippable it will be a cause of much frustration, it's cool for the first time or when I have time but when I'm actively playing, I want to do my management stuff ASAP - click planet/station, move inventory, take contract, leave. I know that in EVE, even the 30 seconds session change timer (you basically had to wait in/out of the station if you wanted to quickly dock/undock) was annoying. Less alone a 2 minute flying cutscene.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Star Citizen, CitizenCon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users