• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Just an update about my situation and the return of the stream and Hull Truth.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:13 PM

I'm currently in the middle of remodeling a portion of my house and moving everything into one, larger room for both streaming and recording Hull Truth. It will give me a more designated space for accomplishing both as well as taking care of Logan at the same time. I won't have to move my equipment every time I film Hull Truth and I have a longer distance from the camera to the filming location. The longer distance helps the greenscreen work better and give me a better area to get the lights in the right position.

I've been taking up two rooms in my house, one for streaming and one for hull truth and they're both small and cluttered. This is going to give me the peace of mind and a comfortable environment to get back into doing this work again.

On top of that, I'm timing this with my wife going back to work full time. She started on Thursday and I took care of the baby all day, by myself, for the first time. It might not seem like that big of a deal to some folks but with a high needs baby that's been exclusively breast fed, it's really difficult. He's not able to be calm by himself for more than about 5 minutes before he needs attention. Bottle feeding him breast milk is also a challenge. I'm making a trip to my wife's workplace once a day so she can breast feed to keep the supply up and then bottle feeding breast milk the rest of the day until she gets home.

My intention was/is to try and live stream during the day from 9am to 5pm CST/GMT-6, Monday through Friday. After a practice run with Logan on Thursday and Friday, I'm not so sure that's going to be possible yet. As I said, he needs constant attention right now. Come Tuesday, I'll be trying the new streaming scenario but it's going to be sketchy at first. Hopefully some of his issues will begin to get better within this next month and we can continue to have a regular stream and streaming time. Hull Truth production will pick up on the 27th regardless. I can make that show on the weekend while my wife is home.

If I have too much trouble streaming during the day, we may have to move the streams to 5pm CST (when my wife gets home from work) until Logan is able to handle my daily routine. I just have to do what I have to do and there's no way around that sometimes. 

My hope is that I don't lose too much of my following on Twitch and YouTube during these adjustments. The way Twitch is now, it's pretty difficult to build up a following and my only advantage there is my previous 2 years of live streaming and the viewers built up from that. I would like to be able to keep doing it as a living but I have made up my mind that by the end of this year, if I can't get things to start growing significantly again, I will stop the live stream indefinitely and just focus on my family (and do some other work from home to make money).

To accomplish this, I have a lot of big changes coming to the live stream and YouTube but I need folks to bear with me and be understanding in the mean time while Logan gets a little older and some of the work I'm having done, gets done. A shiny new twitch stream and hull truth shows are in the works but probably won't be here until the new year.

Thanks so much to everyone that has supported me over the last two years. This is not a goodbye letter but simply an update on what's going on right now. Expect some streaming this coming week but watch Twitter and  your e-mails for live stream updates as my times are not going to be guaranteed to be in the morning, at least for this coming week. I'm on a training routine with Logan now to try and get him to sleep better at night and not be so upset/irritated in the day time and hopefully it will start to take (and this stuff levels out as they get older).

I will see you all during the week for some gaming even if it has to be in the evenings. I'll update with some pictures once I get the new office done as well.

Love the Romantics community. You guys are so awesome.

Wes

#2 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:06 AM

I understand, support and will be there :)

PSN: MrLuchador
Steam: MrLuchador
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Mrluchador
XBL: LuckyMrLuchador

#3 Zocawi

Zocawi

• 10 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:49 AM

Family allways comes first Wes, dont worry about it! :) 

#4 Plum

Plum

• 7 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:50 PM

Sounds nice honestly haha. Well not the moving around everything part, but having a room solely dedicated to streaming/recording *drools*. I'll just have to live with my apartment for now :3

I'm sure everyone will wait for you patiently! Logical people understand that casters do have lives ^_^

#5 Sargoreth

Sargoreth

• 16 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:23 PM

Good to hear from you Wes! Hope things get a little smoother with Logan. When my son was born I stayed home with him and I remember being lucky if I got 20 minutes uninterrupted time to game. Streaming would be very difficult. Does he nap at all? You may be able to squeeze in 30 minutes then, but not necessarily. I will try to remember back to those days for any tips, but honestly I don't remember much from then. long story. Anyway, good luck with everything and remember how awesome you have things now. My wife just suffered a miscarriage, I didn't realize it happens like 15% of the time. Logan is a blessing and take all the time you can with him and your wife.

#6 daedalus212

daedalus212

Advanced Member

• 129 posts
  • Locationcanada, ontario

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:18 PM

do what you need to wes, we are not going anywhere.

"Never underestimate teamwork, It gives the enemy something else to shoot at" -(Murphy's law of war) ///// "I would give you sloppy, nutty kisses." -SQIRL 2015 /////  "It's just big, Just too big for my hands." -SQiRL 2015 /////
my links (twitter) (steam)

#7 Pettycar

Pettycar

• 7 posts
  • LocationVancouver Canada

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:01 AM

Do anything that needs to get done. I think we are all a pretty understanding community. There is a lot of YOU in what you do and that's what WE like to see :)

By the way, i am now a Grandpa, my daughter had her little son and i could not be any more proud :)

#8 Sargoreth

Sargoreth

• 16 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:48 AM

Gratz to you and your daughter (and families), Pettycar!

#9 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:45 PM

Thanks everyone. Sarg, so sad to hear that man. I know that can be really difficult. Thanks for posting.

Petty, congrats man. I hope I get to be a grandad one day :D

Things are lookin up, a bit. Logan is getting more sleep, a bit and getting better about it. It's a work in progress. I also FINALLY got my new desk for the new streaming room. The desk ended up lost in some warehouse for like 2 weeks. Tomorrow my wife only works half a day and I'll be finishing the setup in the new room so I'm Live Stream capable. That also means Hull Truth will probably start up again next weekend.

Once again, you guys make this the best community to be a part of. Thank you.

Wes

#10 FNGUS

FNGUS

• 9 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:55 PM

congrats on the kid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users