• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Team Speak Officer Proposal

Team Speak Officer Proposal Admin

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DarkPhazon

DarkPhazon

• 9 posts
  • LocationCentral United States of America

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:12 PM

Something that needs officers is team speak.

There have been multiple times when unwelcome people come into TS and none of the admins are on to do anything about them harassing people over voice coms.

We need to set ranks for all Known users and have certain lobbys "X" rank and higher. With Main Lobbys always open to public.

This is just an idea to help keep our regular community running smooth, and to delegate the work to ONLY Trusted Users so that the Few Admins we do have don't always have to deal with everything.

Proposed Ranks:

Admin- Wes Ginger Soulz etc. FULL PERMISSIONS

Captains- Can Pull people to lobbys, Ban, Set Member Rank

Officers- Can Pull and Temp Ban, Access to all lobbys but not chamber lobbys

Member- Access to Majority of lobbys

Guest- Limited to Main Lobbys only

EX:

Archeage Lobby= Guest and up

AA Fishing= Guest and up

AA Trade= Member and up

AA Meet/HQ= Officers and up

Other 1 Lobby Games= Guest and up

Romantics Offices= Captain and up

I am not super fluent in TS inner workings so please speculate and Throw ideas around.

I5-4430 @ 3.0Ghz 16gb Ram Gtx 670

#2 Palaciouss

Palaciouss

Advanced Member

• 55 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:19 PM

I actually agree with you on this one, I was going to bring it to Wes' attention when he starts streaming again, need a few more active people to be given permissions on the server in my opinion

#3 DekkoCards

DekkoCards

Administrator

• 285 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:13 AM

If there are people capable and with the knowledge to do privileges and security for the Teamspeak server I've asked multiple times, and even in the main Teamspeak thread here for those people to contact me. While I have no issue discussing this with potential users to give more privileges to those who are willing to help, I want to keep in mind that the permission to ban people from the Teamspeak as a whole will only remain with people trusted in the Romantics community. For now I'd suggest having channels Passworded by Soulz or Ginger and allow that information only be available to those in the guild or on a need to know basis until we can work something out with permissions.

Dark, send me a message on here with your suggestions or needs and I'll see what we can do. For the most part the stuff you asked for above should be capable to do by simply giving people channel admin in the Archeage sections. I'm not entirely on the up and up with Teamspeak in terms of permissions, but that could also be a temporary fix until we can discuss it further.

With that said, I'd like to keep in mind that the Teamspeak server is a Romantics Community server. While we have guilds in various games, it was never set up to neglect people from entering any channels outside of private channels (Most private channels are for people in the Romantics Streaming group). The reasoning behind this was because we don't want any members of the community to feel unwelcomed in the teamspeak. There are obviously cases where this needs to be adjusted, such as raid/pvp channels.

#4 Soulztealer

Soulztealer

Advanced Member

• 95 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:17 PM

I messaged Wes about this so maybe we should get together and I can restructure the TS to make it a bit more secure.

b_560x95.png

#5 DarkPhazon

DarkPhazon

• 9 posts
  • LocationCentral United States of America

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:24 PM

Yea Dekko and Soulz good idea's

Should we just post a meeting date in a teamspeak channel

After 7pm central for me any day.

I5-4430 @ 3.0Ghz 16gb Ram Gtx 670

#6 Palaciouss

Palaciouss

Advanced Member

• 55 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:03 PM

it'd have to be earlier then that for me, but i don't mind if you guys just give me the important notes from your discussion. Remember though that this is a Romantics teamspeak, not a romanticorp Archeage teamspeak. Any revisions to the current system should be ran through Dekko and Wes first!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users