• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Testing some new settings for YouTube videos/quality/size/fps. Opinions?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:41 PM

I'm running a new set of variables for rendering videos for YouTube as well as a new capture card capable of true 4:2:2 1080/60p recording.

This is a short test video (unlisted) to see how bad YouTube slaughters the quality of it after I upload. What do you guys and gals think? Look good? Comparable to other stuff you've seen on YT?

Let me know. I'll continue tweaking. YouTube now accepts 1080/60 videos so hopefully these will look decent.

*Make sure you set it to 1080p. To get 1080p you have to watch it ON YouTube. Just click on the YouTube emblem in the bottom of the video and set it at YouTube.

#2 TheWinslow

TheWinslow

Advanced Member

• 73 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:32 PM

Looks great!

#3 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:24 PM

Yeah looks really good, which reminds me - when you get time share the details of your magic! 

PSN: MrLuchador
Steam: MrLuchador
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Mrluchador
XBL: LuckyMrLuchador

#4 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:03 PM

Honestly it's mostly the new capture card I'm using. The Micomsoft sc-512n1-l/dvi. It's true 1080/60p with RGB32/4:2:2 color space. It's the only internal card I'm aware of that can do that under the $1500 range and it was about $335. There's an external that can for a bit cheaper but for lossless recordings, USB doesn't really handle it. PCI-E 2nd gen or higher is necessary I think.

I also just used Xsplit to capture this instead of Dxtory and the Lagarith codec which is 100% lossless. I didn't go completely lossless as I don't think Xsplit is capable of it but it's fairly close on the original video. That short video was about 700megs!

I'm also using a new codec for Sony Vegas Pro 12 that's giving me a much better render. It loses a tad bit of color richness but it totally matches YouTube's highest recommended stats for an upload which means it doesn't get altered very much. I've been recording/rendering stuff in super high quality for a long time for YT but the format always gets wrecked by the YT encoder and makes the videos look way worse there. I finally figured out that matching their required settings goes a long way toward avoiding that problem.

Comparing the YT vid to my local, raw video; the local video IS better but it's not much so. The colors are richer and there's a bit less pixelization but overall, I think it worked pretty well on the tube.

#5 milksgonebadd

milksgonebadd

Advanced Member

• 117 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:23 PM

Just curious, HT going to be in 60 frames?

#6 MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

Advanced Member

• 140 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:23 PM

Wow, crystal clear!

#7 AirMarshallBen

AirMarshallBen

• 12 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:07 AM

This looks amazing Wes, the quality is just so good. Seems to me like you've nailed the settings! 

#8 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:17 AM

I'm also using a new codec for Sony Vegas Pro 12 that's giving me a much better render. It loses a tad bit of color richness but it totally matches YouTube's highest recommended stats for an upload which means it doesn't get altered very much. I've been recording/rendering stuff in super high quality for a long time for YT but the format always gets wrecked by the YT encoder and makes the videos look way worse there. I finally figured out that matching their required settings goes a long way toward avoiding that problem.

Could you share the codec, please? I'm still getting to grips with Sony Movie Studio Platinum, but I'm getting there (I think). 

#9 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:28 AM

Hey MrLuchador, I'll send you a video. Not 100% sure if it will work in studio platinum or not but you can try it out.

#10 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:58 AM

Thanks Wes, and I think we've known each other long enough for you to call me Chris... or at least drop the Mr! :D I'm new to the whole video processing thing, but I've strangely enjoying splicing up videos and attempting to make something funny from the gameplay footage I've stored over the years (for whatever reason). So any advice from you will be a great help! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users