• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Regrets

This War of Mine

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 milksgonebadd

milksgonebadd

Advanced Member

• 117 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:57 AM

A life full of regrets now. I killed a man today...

Went to an apartment complex to get some supplies, thought it was abandoned... I was wrong. The first floor, no one was in sight but I heard someone screaming on a second floor balcony, at the time, looking over the court yard at the rear of the apartments. Couldn't tell what was being yelled but whoever was yelling, very was pissed. 

I made my way clearing the first floor for scraps of supplies and continued through the apartments to the rear, as I got to the back of the apartments I started to understand what the screaming man was saying. Guy apparently got jumped by a couple of bandits previously and he set some food in the middle of the courtyard as bate. Unknowingly to the guy, he would have gunned down a random person who meant no harm if he wasn't screaming at the top of his lungs.

I don't know why in hindsight... but in the heat of the moment... I thought of this guy a harm to me and others just trying to live through the war. There are good people still left in this grey war... I feel that I am not one of them anymore.

I sneaked up the once bland but now beat down and weathered stair case onto the second floor and made my one down to the end of the hallway to the room of the guy on the balcony. I opened the door and sure enough, at the end of the room on the balcony, there he was. He flipped over a small couch on the balcony to give himself some concealment; worked quiet well actually, the couch looked like it belonged in this war torn city. There was no way the man could hear me sneak up on him as he yelled and yelled. My shovel in hand... I beat the man to death... swing after swing till all that was left was my warm breath steaming in the cold air.

There is a thin line between what is right and surviving.  As I started looting the man of his shotgun and any other valuables... two girls who heard the commotion tumble into the room to see if the man was alright. Always thought that I could get through this war without doing anything that will be burned into my eyes, things that will be etched into each and every dream till death. Thought killing the man was for the good... I was wrong.

These two girls started screaming and pleading for the man to get up and be alright... Didn't hear much on what was being said as I looted and tried to hurry my ass up and leave before anything else happened. But what I did hear as I started to leave was "Father." Father... these two girls in their early 20's have just had their lives shattered. 

Shotgun in hand, I made my way back down the stairs to leave the apartment complex. The entire time I thought to myself, why? What I thought at the time was right, ended up being wrong and in the process I turned two innocent persons lives upside down. Two lives turned upside by the hands of me. 

My only hope, that these two girls know enough to survive. It is a tough life... and it is not going to get easier.

It is weird how much a game can get you thinking about the actions you have done and about the ones you will take. Don't get too many games that make you think that way. This War of Mine is such a great game and I recommend it highly!

#2 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:57 PM

This surprises no one, we all knew you were bad to the bone.

PSN: MrLuchador
Steam: MrLuchador
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Mrluchador
XBL: LuckyMrLuchador

#3 MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

Advanced Member

• 140 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 20 November 2014 - 05:42 PM

The game looks pretty interesting, will have to give it a shot!

#4 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:58 PM

Hahah. That game really does tell a story. It's kinda hard to get through actually. Some of that stuff is very realistic and the random events really catch you off guard sometimes when you see the things you do in tough situations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users