• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Elite Dangerous Launch Trailer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

Advanced Member

• 140 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:45 AM

Looks amazing! Too bad it currently is not like that :'(

#2 TheWinslow

TheWinslow

Advanced Member

• 73 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:33 PM

Maybe it's just me, but they had some of the ships in that trailer moving in really bizarre ways (really noticeable around 55 seconds) as well as some terrible camera placement that exacerbated the weird look.

They seemed to move the camera relative to the ship (but without much in the background to show that the camera was also moving in relation to the ship). This makes it look like ships are slowing down (when rotating around the ships) as well as flying erratically at random points (when the camera moves towards/away from the ship).

#3 milksgonebadd

milksgonebadd

Advanced Member

• 117 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:26 PM

Maybe it's just me, but they had some of the ships in that trailer moving in really bizarre ways (really noticeable around 55 seconds) as well as some terrible camera placement that exacerbated the weird look.

SC fanboy Kappa

#4 TheWinslow

TheWinslow

Advanced Member

• 73 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:52 PM

SC fanboy Kappa

I won't deny it. I also won't deny I have no interest in Elite!

#5 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:50 PM

I'm interested in both games, I only backed SC though. That being said, I can't say I'm too sorry I waited for E:D, so far people seem disappointed. 

As for the trailer, can't say I like it too much. It's obviously not intended for space-sim fans though, looks more like a multiplayer pvp arena so... hyping the general audience I guess.

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#6 Icidian

Icidian

Advanced Member

• 37 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:00 AM

If I had a dollar for every dollar I invested in games before launch I'd...I guess I'd have my money back!  So far, I'm not completely geeked out on this one but at least it's a space game!

"In valor there is hope."

#7 hytendf

hytendf

• 29 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:04 PM

I'm not an SC fanboy but Elite Dangerous, from what gameplay I've seen, doesn't look all that great. Besides the manual transit between locations, SC is going to cover everything have seen. Also, there doesn't seem to be much life regarding in-game culture/lore.

#8 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:44 AM

I was given a copy of Elite by the devs way back in early alpha and had little interest in it for a while. It's just not very inspiring. At the time, the only cool thing about it for me was the 1:1 galaxy but that also means you'll never see any other players.

I finally got my HOTAS and pedals set up in a comfortable fashion at my desk and started playing Elite this last week. You guys will get to see some of that very soon. It does have its merits. It's no Star Citizen but it IS something and a few things in the game are quite enjoyable.

I do hope that they continue to flesh the game out because it is an excellent platform right now albeit with a different focus than Star Citizen.

#9 MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

Advanced Member

• 140 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:46 PM

I was given a copy of Elite by the devs way back in early alpha and had little interest in it for a while. It's just not very inspiring. At the time, the only cool thing about it for me was the 1:1 galaxy but that also means you'll never see any other players.

I finally got my HOTAS and pedals set up in a comfortable fashion at my desk and started playing Elite this last week. You guys will get to see some of that very soon. It does have its merits. It's no Star Citizen but it IS something and a few things in the game are quite enjoyable.

I do hope that they continue to flesh the game out because it is an excellent platform right now albeit with a different focus than Star Citizen.

Yeah, I think it will become a lot more intriguing later in its lifetime but now its just meh for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users