• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Who wants to captain my second Idris?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• 203 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:50 AM

Just wondering.

#2 Ulfberht

Ulfberht

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:38 AM

That sounds like a huge responsibility.. it's one thing to crash my own vessel into a rock, but to be responsible for someone else's creeps me out somewhat.... I am very interested in helping man a station on one of your Idris's though.

#3 Falcon515

Falcon515

Advanced Member

• 73 posts
  • LocationUSA Michigan

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:42 PM

I'd definitely be up for it! I've been excited about just being a crew aboard the Idris you're captaining, but I'd love to command your second some day! Two frigates flying together should definitely be more than a match for most.

#4 Icidian

Icidian

Advanced Member

• 37 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:28 PM

I would jump at that opportunity, even if temporary, but I'm PST and working a swing shift (2pm to midnight).  I think my play time will be when most of you are sleeping or living your real life.  Very kind of you to offer!

"In valor there is hope."

#5 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 20 December 2014 - 02:21 PM

Only if it's for the night shift!

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#6 milksgonebadd

milksgonebadd

Advanced Member

• 117 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:38 PM

Kappa

#7 daedalus212

daedalus212

Advanced Member

• 129 posts
  • Locationcanada, ontario

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:57 PM

i will definitely be your commander, admiral o7

"Never underestimate teamwork, It gives the enemy something else to shoot at" -(Murphy's law of war) ///// "I would give you sloppy, nutty kisses." -SQIRL 2015 /////  "It's just big, Just too big for my hands." -SQiRL 2015 /////
my links (twitter) (steam)

#8 Ranatoki

Ranatoki

• 15 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:37 PM

Would it be possible to maybe I don't know, RACE in it? That would be cool.

#9 hytendf

hytendf

• 29 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:18 PM

I would be interested in being a captain of any capital ship, but I've always had a soft spot for Idrises.

#10 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• 203 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:53 PM

I would prefer to have 2-3 per ship in reality.  I would imagine that there wont always be one of us on.

What i would hope for is sort of like a proper military thing going on here.  one main captain,  and a few JR officers who can fill in but are also in charge of other crews. 

Thoughts?

#11 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:57 PM

Honestly to keep one of these fielded at all times would be amazing. I feel like we would need to assign an entire detachment for that. Maybe we can provide a squad of 8 or 10 people in fighters to just be on duty with the thing at all times?

#12 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• 203 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:16 PM

Could be interesting. One thing that worries me though is how are the fighters handled on board the ship?   do they have to be mine,  or other players.... what happens when i log,  or they log,  or what. 

We could treat one of them with a Multipurpose role.  part Military,  Part Supply,  Part Exploration/Rescue  for keeping one always active. 

When there are no military ops,  the role switches to supply runner, or explorer.  

The Other idrises could get spooled up as needed with pickup crews as needed if not possible to run more than 1 at a time.

Lots of things to consider when we get closer and orgs 2.0 come out.  we can start solidifying our plans better.

#13 hytendf

hytendf

• 29 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:02 AM

Do you think CIG is going to allow orgs to buy ships in the PU instead of single members buying them? As for the crew, I guess we will have to see what it takes to run an Idris.

#14 Icidian

Icidian

Advanced Member

• 37 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:48 PM

According to the "Squadron 42 & Star Citizen: Feature List"

- Capital Ships are in-game persistent, when you log off, it will remain in game, make sure to have enough friends or hired guards to protect it while you're away. (Corvettes class ship like the Idris and below can log off, Frigate class ships and above are considered Capital Ships)

- Non-Capital Ships are able to go into Hibernation mode (log off), by having your pilot go into the sleeping chambers, you can not log off during battle, you can only enable hibernation mode, when in a safe area.

and

- You can lend ship to friends, thus you'll probably be able to rent ships

This doesn't really answer your specific question but it at least presents a work-around if it doesn't end up existing. Lots of assumptions here but I think the mechanics will allow us to "lend" or transfer ship privileges to anyone, let alone Romantics, and effectively accomplish what you're mentioning.

I don't think organizations will be able to outright purchase ships/weapons/gear under our organization title as purchases seem bound to individual accounts.  

"In valor there is hope."

#15 OctainX

OctainX

Advanced Member

• 30 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:15 PM

I would only man a station ( radar, plot courses, or guns ). I would also try engineering like Geordie La Forge. A rotating crew would be a must.

#16 hytendf

hytendf

• 29 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:26 AM

If only individuals could buy ships than it might lead to problems with the chain of command if the owner of the ship and their chosen captain's superior's had different plans. If Orgs could buy ships through some sort of accounting mechanic (somewhat like EVE Online I would think), then assign "ownership" privileges to a member of the organization, there would be no conflict. Plus, a successful org is bound to have a bigger treasury than most individuals.

#17 OctainX

OctainX

Advanced Member

• 30 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:13 PM

It would be a great Question for 10 FOR THE CHAIRMAN.

#18 Haversack

Haversack

• 16 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:03 PM

I would help you crew your Idris ... except I now own one too. So I guess we need Idris crew X3 then :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users