• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

ArCom 1.0

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:37 AM

Since I'm stuck downloading this patch for the foreseeable future, how about you guys give me your impressions so far :D

I can't wait to see the new combat system ( I heard PIPs were improved) since I've been having many problems controlling my spaceship in the last version. Also, more variety on ships, missiles and brand new targeting/signal system! Sure sounds fun. I'm also impressed (well, thankful too) that CIG managed to push this update before the holidays, as they estimated - really glad to see that the development is picking up speed.

So, how do you guys like it so far? I imagine Wes is thrilled to be able to finally fly the Avenger :D

Also, how about that new Mustang commercial? Awesome, right? :)

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#2 TheWinslow

TheWinslow

Advanced Member

• 73 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:05 AM

Haven't been able to get into the official 1.0, but I played in the PTU.

The Avenger has amazing visibility:

09oWntb.jpg

You can self destruct your ship:

BDFgaGS.jpg

Pew Pewing with the pistol is fun:

CATFIFx.jpg

And also dangerous:

4LhE7CM.jpg

Hehehe

Oe4lYG4.jpg

#3 daedalus212

daedalus212

Advanced Member

• 129 posts
  • Locationcanada, ontario

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:14 PM

how dose one pew pew, i jumped in my hanger last night and fell through the floor into space so i gave up...

"Never underestimate teamwork, It gives the enemy something else to shoot at" -(Murphy's law of war) ///// "I would give you sloppy, nutty kisses." -SQIRL 2015 /////  "It's just big, Just too big for my hands." -SQiRL 2015 /////
my links (twitter) (steam)

#4 Icidian

Icidian

Advanced Member

• 37 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:58 PM

Even as crappy as AC is playing right now, I'm still really pleased with the changes.  I am finally able to zoom in an attack specific ship components as RSI advertised (I'm a novice fighter pilot, fyi).  It also seems they have dialed back the motion blur in the hangar, which I'm thankful for.

Looking at the game overall, I'm again very pleased with what I see.  I've enjoyed hearing the producers get involved in the videos and appreciate their transparency and information sharing.  I have to laugh every time I hear someone from RSI say, "Just because we put out a new ship, doesn't mean you need to buy it".  I've heard that twice now.

My biggest complaint is us...or  "we", the players.  People treat the game like it's close to release and get bent anytime something is changed without notification in triplicate.  I'm checking the RSI page daily and about half the time, people are posting without bothering to fully research their complaint.

It's also interesting to read about the "old timers" (game followers back when the game/forum was very small) in the boards complaining how RSI no longer cares about their opinions and complaints.  One poster commented that they used to be able to complain about everything and get into debates with staff but now that behavior isn't tolerated since they implemented forum rules and what not.  That seems like a massive waste of time to me and totally counterproductive.  From my daily visits to the boards and in my humble opinion, the forum moderators still engage in a huge amount of debate and leave open a ton of trolling/hostile threads for whatever reason.  Compared to some of the other boards out there, I think they do a pretty good job.

One thing is for certain though, if RSI pulls off the ambitious FPS combat and permadeath system they are chewing on, we (The Romantics) will need a diverse infrastructure.  Which thankfully is in the works.

"In valor there is hope."

#5 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:54 PM

I had a chance to try it this morning before travelling for around half and hour and I have to say I'm pleased too! Camera in hangar is no longer locked to character hips (no more back-sway when turning quickly), the ship turning sensitivity is finally improved so I can actually aim in both coupled and decoupled modes, the new sensor stuff looks interesting and it's amazing how many new ships they added at the same time (not that I can test any since I only have a 315p). 

The development pace is really picking up, I think we'll see a lot of progress in this year! Can't wait.

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#6 daedalus212

daedalus212

Advanced Member

• 129 posts
  • Locationcanada, ontario

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:23 PM

they may have cut the motion blur but they cranked the head bob up over 9000.... but seriously i got nauseous from it and i only played for about five mins... then i went into the menu to see if it can be turned of and i was greeted with random gibberish on all the buttons so i coundn't even read it...

"Never underestimate teamwork, It gives the enemy something else to shoot at" -(Murphy's law of war) ///// "I would give you sloppy, nutty kisses." -SQIRL 2015 /////  "It's just big, Just too big for my hands." -SQiRL 2015 /////
my links (twitter) (steam)

#7 Icidian

Icidian

Advanced Member

• 37 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:21 AM

they may have cut the motion blur but they cranked the head bob up over 9000.... but seriously i got nauseous from it and i only played for about five mins... then i went into the menu to see if it can be turned of and i was greeted with random gibberish on all the buttons so i coundn't even read it...

That's no good Daedalus, hopefully they'll fix that.  There are a few posts in the RSI boards addressing it as well.

I just came from the RSI chat room and heard you can solve the random gibberish by going into options, reset your default settings and making sure the language is set to English.  

"In valor there is hope."

#8 TheWinslow

TheWinslow

Advanced Member

• 73 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:22 AM

Delete your USER folder, then set your language settings in the launcher and it will fix the text. Unfortunately no fix for the head bob; it gets really bad if you aren't sprinting (and looking) straight forward.

#9 hytendf

hytendf

• 29 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 11:29 AM

Unfortunately, I haven't got the opportunity to fully download and play 1.0, but I'm glad that we finally got the Avenger, Cutlass, and Mustang. I think it will make matches more diverse instead of targeting someone and knowing that its going to be either a variant of the Aurora, 300i, or the Hornet or an M50. I'm excited that we have an official(though buggy) version of Arena Commander at the moment and I'm also excited to see what CIG will give us for AC as we approach 2.0.

#10 AkaiMahoMiru

AkaiMahoMiru

Advanced Member

• 88 posts
  • LocationOakwood, GA

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:02 AM

Anyone have any word on multiplayer AC 1.0? I've had success getting into Battle Royale but other wise it ether crashes my game, hangs up on searching for match, or (especially with Vanduul Swarm Co-Op ) gives me "no matches found" even when I've invited people into the lobby (public or private).

Banner.png

Best Regards!
AkaiMahoMiru

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users