• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Evening, gents!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dalzedur

Dalzedur

• 3 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:19 PM

H-hello!

I, uh, found my way here. I hung around for a bit in Belannaer's stream before taking a closer look of what the team he's a member of is about. This... seems like a quite friendly community so far, so I guess you're doing something right. :P

Seeing how this is supposed to be an introductions thread, I should probably part the veil of mystery around me as a person a bit. Let's hope I don't leave out anything too important, as giving introductions has never been my forte: I hail from Finland. I was born in '86. I'm a Bachelor of Arts from the discipline of English Philology, but I am also something of a geek/nerd half-breed as my current (on-hiatus) major in the university is Information Processing Science.

My interests include gaming, but probably leans a bit more towards the older video games (obvious reasons being: The old ones tended to be actually genuinely good games. Aaaand, because jobless full-time students in Finland cannot afford to buy new releases.)

I grew up in a family that had Commodore 64, NES and PC (even had my own 286 when I was 8 years old.), so it was pretty self-evident that I would go wrong somewhere along the way. Pen and paper RPGs also infected me at a very young age - perks of having two older brothers. RPG-wise, my interests have gone from AD&D -> 3E D&D -> 3.5E D&D -> Pathfinder.

I lack in social skills or ability - not sure which one it actually is - but as a revenge I make up for it by being very introverted, so it does not bother me that much. One could also argue that that the former might be due to the latter, but let's not go there. Oddly enough, being a Quiet Finn does not seem to impair non-verbal forms expression, so I've found myself using more words than necessary when writing, or maybe that's what 10 years in the university does to a poor hapless human being.

I think it is a high time for me to shut up. This should be enough for now.

-D

Creepy weirdo.

#2 hytendf

hytendf

• 29 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:37 PM

Hey Dalzedur, it's great to have you. You might find us a little slow at the time because our leader has been gone for a while but feel free to join the conversations. We have a Archeage guild but a lot of us are focused on Star Citizen right now.

#3 Dalzedur

Dalzedur

• 3 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:22 PM

Cheers, hytendf! Yeah, it's perfectly understandable that things may seem to be toned down when there are absences. Especially in an online environment - at least I do not expect other people to visit or be active on a daily basis, given that it is summer, after all. A number of people have embraced parenthood in my social circles during the last few years, and every single one of them found their daily routines in a state of constant chaos and themselves sleep deprived and having to take a lengthy break from their own free time activities, hobbies and interests. But once the storm passes, they manage to pick things up anew.

When you mentioned conversations, did you mean the ones on this forum, or do they take also take place somewhere else? The newest post before mine was from 27th Jun, so that was... 2 days ago?

-D

Creepy weirdo.

#4 hytendf

hytendf

• 29 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:59 AM

Yeah I meant the conversations in the forums on the website.

#5 AkaiMahoMiru

AkaiMahoMiru

Advanced Member

• 88 posts
  • LocationOakwood, GA

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:32 PM

Welcome, sorry for the late reply, been busy with classes  :D

Banner.png

Best Regards!
AkaiMahoMiru

#6 Dalzedur

Dalzedur

• 3 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:40 AM

Hehe,

Sorry for the late reply as well, AkaiMahoMiru, I'm enjoying a summer holiday stay at my parents this July, so I have enough distractions here to neglect paying constant attention to, well, everything. Thanks for the warm welcome!

-D

Creepy weirdo.

#7 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:50 AM

Greetings!

PSN: MrLuchador
Steam: MrLuchador
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Mrluchador
XBL: LuckyMrLuchador