• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

What Has Been Going On?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

Advanced Member

• 140 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:55 PM

Hey there everyone! It's been such a long time and I wanted to say hello and hope all is and has been well. What's been going on with everyone else? :)

#2 Falcon515

Falcon515

Advanced Member

• 73 posts
  • LocationUSA Michigan

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:00 PM

There definitely hasn't been many posts lately, it's nice to know there's at least one other person out there! :)

As for me, I've been busy with school. And waiting for SC, as always.

Hope everyone is doing well!

#3 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:28 AM

I check the forums every once in a while, yeah it's a bit sad that it's so quiet. Hopefully if will revive when SC gets a major update or if we find a new game to play together. I am currently invested into Guild Wars 2, the game went f2p bringing tons of new players and that combined with the upcoming expansion (coming out in less than 3 weeks) made me very interested in playing again, the game really feels alive. The only interesting thing about SC atm is the drama surrounding the escapist article :P

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#4 MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

Advanced Member

• 140 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:48 PM

I check the forums every once in a while, yeah it's a bit sad that it's so quiet. Hopefully if will revive when SC gets a major update or if we find a new game to play together. I am currently invested into Guild Wars 2, the game went f2p bringing tons of new players and that combined with the upcoming expansion (coming out in less than 3 weeks) made me very interested in playing again, the game really feels alive. The only interesting thing about SC atm is the drama surrounding the escapist article :P

Oh cool! I've been playing Guild Wars 2 as well recently. Finally got my first level 80 character last night after a few weeks of playing here and there. Don't know why I dropped out of the game a few weeks after it launched a few years back, kind of regretting it now :P

#5 Breet

Breet

• 1 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:36 PM

I still lurk every week or so to see if anything posted on forums, but mainly chat, waiting to see text go flashing by which indicates stream happening.

#6 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:29 PM

Oh cool! I've been playing Guild Wars 2 as well recently. Finally got my first level 80 character last night after a few weeks of playing here and there. Don't know why I dropped out of the game a few weeks after it launched a few years back, kind of regretting it now :P

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it, it's a really good game - once you get into it it's hard to adjust to any other MMO, the devs worked really hard to improve it in  countless aspects since its release (and even then it had a really good concept). It also has one of the nicest communities I've ever seen in an MMO.

Just don't rush too much, take your time and enjoy it. Now that you're level 80 you get a ton of new stuff to do, from dungeons, fractals, world bosses, season 2 storylines to gearing up with yellow, and when you save some money - exotic (orange) items. You might feel overwhelmed so keep in mind that there's no competitive pve, no rush to do things quick. And definitely try to find an active guild to play with them, it's a totally different experience when you have people to lead you in the beginning so you don't depend on random pug-s.

I assume you're on the NA server so unfortunately I can't help you ingame but feel free to ask here if you get stuck anywhere and need help.

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#7 MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

Advanced Member

• 140 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:22 AM

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it, it's a really good game - once you get into it it's hard to adjust to any other MMO, the devs worked really hard to improve it in  countless aspects since its release (and even then it had a really good concept). It also has one of the nicest communities I've ever seen in an MMO.

Just don't rush too much, take your time and enjoy it. Now that you're level 80 you get a ton of new stuff to do, from dungeons, fractals, world bosses, season 2 storylines to gearing up with yellow, and when you save some money - exotic (orange) items. You might feel overwhelmed so keep in mind that there's no competitive pve, no rush to do things quick. And definitely try to find an active guild to play with them, it's a totally different experience when you have people to lead you in the beginning so you don't depend on random pug-s.

I assume you're on the NA server so unfortunately I can't help you ingame but feel free to ask here if you get stuck anywhere and need help.

Appreciate it! Yeah I've been getting into fractals and really enjoying it. I'm planning on continuing that until I get a full set of armor since and a weapons.

I was curious if this game was like Archeage where there are certain places to get the best gear for your class or something. I imagine that would be fractals or something along those lines? I'm a scrub when it comes to MMO's and Archeage was the only other one that I played for a decent amount of time thanks to the romantics :D

#8 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:26 PM

edit: Holy wall of text Batman, didn't mean to go into so many details. What can I say, it's saturday and I'm bored  :P

TL;DR version - if you don't have a lot of money, buy yellow (rare) gear. If you have and want endgame pve gear, get exotic gear (stats according to guides, most often berserker). Ignore ascended items unless you can't (high level fractals) or if you get a lucky drop.

In GW2 there's no real gear grind like in other games. Dunno how it worked in Archeage since I didn't play it but here's how it works in GW2. There are just 7 tiers of gear, and only 2 are relevant for engame pve. For pvp they are totally irrelevant because everyone has all gear and skills unlocked there.

White, blue and green items are basically thrash loot - it drops so you can sell or salvage it. Use it while you level up and discard as soon as you get anything better.

Yellow items are cheap and "good enough" for new players and most dungeons. If you're broke, it might be smart to buy lvl80 yellow gear and equip your characters with them.

1st important tier - exotic. You'll want to upgrade to exotic (orange) items that are what 90% of people use for general pve asap. It's (relatively) cheap, easy to obtain either by doing dungeons or getting them through random drops. The easiest and most practical way to get it is through the trading post though, I believe each exotic armor piece costs maybe few gold coins, depending on the stat combination. Most builds use berserker stats (power, precision, ferocity) for full dps since it's assumed that experienced players can avoid most of the damage with good positioning, dodging and blocking. This might change with the expansion however.

2nd important tier - ascended (pink) items. Ascended items are extremely, extremely expensive and almost everywhere unnecessary. They have a marginal increase in power, a fully specialized ascended outfits nets only a 5-10% dps increase when compared to exotic - and literally costs 100 times as much. The only special thing about these is that they are account bound (instead of character bound), and they can hold an infused upgrade which is a requirement in high level fractals ( more specifically, lvl50 and soon, when added). So I suggest you forget about them until you learn that you specifically need them. You might get ascended accessories for free from doing fractals, weapons are the next in line - 100-200 gold per weapon, and armor should be done last because it's extremely expensive - a full outfit could cost between 500 and 1000 gold.

Last tier are legendary weapons - purple. 10-20 times as expensive as ascended weapons (each is from 1500 to 3000 gold iirc), these weapons have IDENTICAL stats like ascended weapons. Who in their right mind would get them then, you ask? Well, people who have too much money and want to show off. :) Each of an approximately dozen legendary weapon has a unique skin and particle effect which makes it instantly recognizable. You can also switch their stats at will. 

So, to actually answer your original question now that I'm sure you know these basics, which you probably already did - everything up to (and including) exotic gear you can buy on the trading post, or buy with dungeon tokens you get from completing dungeons. There's a dungeon vendor in Lion's Arch, close to the entrance to fractals. They can also be crafted with their respective crafting disciplines but this is a more tedious, and arguably more expensive, way. They also drop randomly but don't count on getting what you need this way.

Ascended weapons and armor are a very rare drop in higher level fractals, or you can craft them if you don't want to wait - but you can't trade them. Legendary weapons must be crafted and can be traded. If anyone tells you that these are a requirement for any current pve content besides high level fractals, he is either delusional or elitists, and should be avoided in either way. :)

#9 MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

Advanced Member

• 140 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 12 October 2015 - 12:39 AM

Thanks for all of that information! Well I feel that I have a much better understanding of it now. I'll get a full set of exotics and just continue doing some fractals to become more aware of the levels and tactics involved with that because I always like chance for rare gear that comes with a challenge. Not going to lie either, once I saw that Legendary greatsword (the one with two swords combined which changes depending on the time of day) I fell in love and now have a impossible goal :P

#10 okiraan

okiraan

• 16 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:44 AM

I forgot my password and had trouble getting a new one. But I'm back....
I wish my laptop (the only PC I have) could run GW2 well. I played the crap outta GW1.

#11 Jake12x

Jake12x

• 2 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:03 PM

Damn i miss this community, spent the past hour and a half reading over the old threads. Hopefully one day we'll all be reunited. To this day that Minecraft server that we had was probably the best time in gaming for me EVER. Thank you all <3

#12 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:53 AM

We're not dead, just... hibernating!

I'm sure people will return and be active once again when we get a new game to play together (hopefully SC by the end of 2016 or 2017). Until then, I guess it makes sense it's quiet here... although I do miss Wes' chill streams late at night.

#13 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:13 AM

Bela, Rushlock and Stalkerkoffie are still streaming strong! 

PSN: MrLuchador
Steam: MrLuchador
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Mrluchador
XBL: LuckyMrLuchador

#14 MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

Advanced Member

• 140 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:40 AM

That's good to hear! I'll have to stop by their streams :P

#15 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:37 AM

Hola everyone. 

I'm still around. I keep an eye on this and keep it up and running. 

Make no mistake, the community has been dormant but it is not dead. I will be returning.

I just decided to stop trying to return when me and my family were not really ready for it. I was just trying to appease the community at that point and not being prepared to fully return to it was just causing problems. I didn't want people to think I was lying or just trying to get money or something by showing up for a month and then being gone for 6 months again. 

Once I'm ready to fully return to the old content creation (and new) and full time running of this community, I will shout out to everyone. 

The Star Citizen org is still a go and the plan is still to do Hull Truth and Twitch when I return. There's a serious lack of well made Star Citizen, news content out there and we're going to fill that void again. I have a friend that's going to do all my editing when we return which will allow for a lot more content. 

My life has been in flux since my parents passed away and it's been the toughest 3 years of my life. Most people in the community know my story and all the crap that happened during and after their passing so I won't rehash it here. Long story short, we sold our houses in Texas. We put that money in the bank and focused on my wife's career/job stuff for a bit and made some very large strides there. We had a baby, he's now about 21 months old. We've moved 3 times in the last 5 months. (selling house, rental because we knew we were moving out of state soon and then the big final move). We're now in North Carolina and moved 1200 miles away from where we were the last time I streamed or did YT content. 

We are settling in here with new job schedules and trying to get everything normalized with that and the baby before I jump back into the content and the community aspect that I miss so much. 

I won't promise any specific time frames but I will be back and regardless of how large or small the community ends up after the long hiatus by me, I'll put just as much effort into as I did when we were in full swing and pulling in thousands and thousands on YT and Twitch. 

Thanks for the loyalty and I'll see you guys all pretty soon.

With sincere thanks and love to the Romantics community, 

Wes

#16 Rogue_Snowball

Rogue_Snowball

• 4 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 April 2016 - 07:42 PM

Glad to hear from you Wes! I find it funny how I moved from North Carolina a year and 4 months ago and now you're there. Count me to be there at your streams when you return just like old times! Hope all is well my friend!

#17 MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

Advanced Member

• 140 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:25 PM

Hope all goes well with you settling in your new home again! I can't wait to see what's in store for TheRomantics in the future when things kick off again. I'll be around for sure whenever that is :)

#18 DaxBarlu

DaxBarlu

• 6 posts
  • LocationManitoba, Canada

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:58 PM

Glad to hear from you Wes. Take your time and get settled. We will be here when you return.

#19 Rogue

Rogue

Advanced Member

• 45 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:06 PM

Hope all goes well with you settling in your new home again! I can't wait to see what's in store for TheRomantics in the future when things kick off again. I'll be around for sure whenever that is :)

I'm still lurking about as well. Sorry for your loss Wes, the deaths and move to NC was new to me. I hope all is starting to stabilize a bit now.

Anyone on the Discord bandwagon? We have a "server" going?

-Rogue

#20 MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

Advanced Member

• 140 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:41 PM

I'm still lurking about as well. Sorry for your loss Wes, the deaths and move to NC was new to me. I hope all is starting to stabilize a bit now.

Anyone on the Discord bandwagon? We have a "server" going?

-Rogue

Discord = Life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users