• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

My plan for 2014

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• 203 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

I am planning on starting a Juice Cleanse and then move to a modified Paleo Diet. 

Does anybody have any experience with either of these? 

#2 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:07 AM

Yep I did a 7day juice cleanse.

It's not fruit juice though. It was mostly green vegetables. If you're interested, I'll give you the recipes and layout for the 7 day plan (but you might want to try a 3 day first cause it's HARD to do). It's REALLY healthy and really gives you a ton of energy by the end though. I did this before I started Keto.

#3 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• 203 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:13 AM

I have already tried a 7 day.  I was going to go a bit more extreme though.  I was going to push it for a month. 

Juice Diet during the week,  and some solids on the weekend ( regular food - no processed anything)

Ill take you up on your recipies.

What kind of juicer do you have?  I currently have a Centrafugal and am wanting to get a masticating juicer.  This would let me store some and take them to work without losing as much nutrients.

#4 Soulztealer

Soulztealer

Advanced Member

• 95 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

I have used centrifugal juicers in the past and I can testify that masticating juicers are much better. I have been using the Omega Vert 350 Masticating Juicer for about a year now and I love it! I originally bought the Breville and returned it and bought the Omega Vert 350. Would very highly recommend it. They just came out with the 400 model earlier this year and I am thinking about upgrading. I have a bunch of recipes if you decide to do it.

b_560x95.png

#5 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

Yeah I use a centrifugal now. It's a Breville, the all metal one. I can't remember which model number off the top of my head. I think it was the $300 to $400 range one. It worked really well for what I used it for. I know Masticating is the way to go but I pretty much drink the juice on the spot at this point and this one is so dang easy to clean.

If you were doing it for a long period of time and doing a multiple juices per day, it's probably best to go with masticating. For me doing it a couple of times a week as a supplement, I'm just sticking to the centrifugal.

#6 daedalus212

daedalus212

Advanced Member

• 129 posts
  • Locationcanada, ontario

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

any of you guys know a good place to get pre made juice cleanse? i have been looking around and found a good place but they want to charge like 75 dollars a day... which is utter b.s.

"Never underestimate teamwork, It gives the enemy something else to shoot at" -(Murphy's law of war) ///// "I would give you sloppy, nutty kisses." -SQIRL 2015 /////  "It's just big, Just too big for my hands." -SQiRL 2015 /////
my links (twitter) (steam)

#7 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

any of you guys know a good place to get pre made juice cleanse? i have been looking around and found a good place but they want to charge like 75 dollars a day... which is utter b.s.

Premade is insanely expensive everywhere I've looked; at least, for quality stuff that has what I would want in it. I've never seen premade cheap. The main reason is to be pure it has to be made and consumed within 6 to 12 hours or so. Otherwise it takes a lot of preservatives to package/sell something like that.

Hell it's kind of expensive even to just Juice as your whole food intake on a daily basis. I think I was spending like 200 a week just on veggies and that doesn't count the cost of the juicer (300 to 400 for a good one that makes it worth it over time) or the time involved. It's not always a quick process but it's not too bad when you consider that you can make all your juice for a day or two's worth of meals at one time.

#8 WildCard

WildCard

Advanced Member

• 124 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:25 AM

Did a juice-cleanse (Lemon diet detox) for few months, lost 25kg/55lbs (got lazy in my last job of several years). Put a few kilo's back on, so have a soup maker that makes some pretty good soup, and now have a gym at my new work, which has some kettlebells....sweet.

The soup maker is brilliant, only cost 60AUD and I have hot soup in 60mins of filling it with veggies, spices and water.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users