• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Any Shutterbugs in our group?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• 203 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:01 AM

#2 pyso_

pyso_

Advanced Member

• 157 posts
  • LocationTrondheim, Norway

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:10 AM

I bought a used Canon 450D with a couple of lenses a few years a go and have been tinkering whenever I have time. I'm by no means a really good photographer, but I enjoy it anyway. Sadly I can't afford to upgrade or add to my equipment while still studying, as photography will never win any prizes for cheapest hobby, but that is something to look forward to once I get a "real" job down the line.

I mostly do nature and family pictures, but always seem to forget my camera when I really wish I had it with me for some annoying reason. I will look through my collection and upload some highlights to an imgur album to share later  :)

#3 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:13 PM

I would like to be but just don't have time. My experience with doing our webseries with Aaron taught me a fair bit about it but I don't have a lot of physical practice at it. I know the basics and can at least do better than average when I need to. Maybe when I'm older and things slow down a bit, I'll be able to do it more.

#4 Palaciouss

Palaciouss

Advanced Member

• 55 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:04 AM

I do photography as a hobby, landscapes are my thing, nothing like some good scenery and a beautiful sunset right? I actually don't have any photo's to show but I'll be sure to post them up when i take more. As a student it's hard for me to aquire enough funds to purchase a decent camera so i deal with a digital one at the moment :)

#5 pyso_

pyso_

Advanced Member

• 157 posts
  • LocationTrondheim, Norway

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:16 AM

I finally got around to uploading a small album on imgur, so if anyone feels like checking out my amateur pictures feel free to check them out at http://imgur.com/a/5nR8t#0  :)

Just don't expect greatness! 

#6 digitalFatteh

digitalFatteh

• 11 posts
  • LocationQuebec, CANADA Eh !

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

I have a Canon 450D I got a few years back.  Been meaning to get out and about last year during summer and get back into photography,  a subject I loved at school developing negatives but still getting into the swing of digital era,  although gall bladder decided it wanted out so put a kibosh on the whole walking around the national parks and canoeing.

Did manage to spend a day in the park and found some frogs which the wife adores and dabbled a bit with the panoramic 'stuff' that really interests me.

Eternals I hear your call gladly, Dictate swift winged words. & fear not, To unfold your dark visions of torment.

Steam: digitalFatteh  |  EA/Origin: digitalFatteh  |  UPlay: digitalFatteh  |  Blizzard: Fatteh#2560 | PS4: digitalFatteh

#7 thatoldlimey

thatoldlimey

Advanced Member

• 66 posts
  • LocationWorcester, MA

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

I enjoy taking photos, and you can find some of mine here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kionee/ and here http://www.flickr.com/photos/kionee/popular-interesting/

Haven't uploaded any for quite a while, due to procrastination. Need to remedy that.

twitter - thatoldlimey - steam - twitternick - raptr - thatoldlimey - psn - kionee - xbox - thatoldlimey - flickr - kionee

Blizzard - Thatoldlimey#1530

#8 Kicken

Kicken

Advanced Member

• 60 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:01 AM

I love the idea of photography. I mean, I just enjoy all forms of content creation and creativity! But the equipment needed is so expensive when I know that it would be nothing more than the occasional hobby! Those dSLRs are expensive, and the lenses as well. :(

#9 BanditPants

BanditPants

• 14 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:54 AM

I used to be a photographer, and loved it so much that I took classes in it during College. However, my life / career took a turn towards other hobbies. I am a musician, a writer, and a gamer. I still dabble in photography from time to time, but nothing as serious as it used to be. :)

Streaming live every night at 10pm at twitch.tv/banditpants

Gamer, Musician, and dedicated broadcaster.

#10 WildCard

WildCard

Advanced Member

• 124 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:21 AM

Rolling with a Canon 7D at the moment, also part of a few local 'tog' groups. Did it many years ago in the good old 35mm days, so much easier now.

Using the 7D for action shots, such as motorsport and anything fast moving. Once settled into my job, i'll also pick up a Canon 5D, Mk III that i'll share with my partner as she needs to upgrade from a 60D. Also being part of photography groups is handy, apart from pro-tips, also discounts for gear and lenses too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users