• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

What TV series are you currently watching?

Television

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

#21 Rushlock

Rushlock

Advanced Member

• 81 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:03 PM

Just finished Sherlock S1 and S2 in last few days.  I hear S3 finale is airing soon in UK so eagerly awaiting it on Netflix.   With that finished, I'll be combing this thread for suggestions :)

#22 Grey_dybbuk

Grey_dybbuk

Advanced Member

• 35 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

I just finished re-watching my dvd set of "The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr."

#23 Rushlock

Rushlock

Advanced Member

• 81 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

I just finished re-watching my dvd set of "The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr."

I hate you, was just looking at those on Amazon last week ;)

#24 Askanison40

Askanison40

• 28 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ USA

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:59 PM

I will probably catch flak for this, but next to Sc-Fi & Fantasy, I really like vampire fiction (please still be my friends). Yes, I even enjoyed the last two Twilight novels (please, oh please still be my friends. :lol: )  As such I've really been enjoying Dracula on NBC. Really good show IMO. They changed some of the mythos just enough to make it enjoyable for the post 9/11 generation. My wife and I also watch: 

• The Vampire Diaries
  • The Originals
  • Grimm
  • Bitten
  • The Legend of Korra
  • Arrow
  • Marvel's The Agents of Shield
  • Banshee
  • Chicago PD
  • Criminal Minds
  • Scandal (the wife got me so hooked on this show)
  • Blue Bloods
  • Homeland
  • The Walking Dead
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • Sleepy Hollow
  • Suits!

There are others, but those are the main ones. 

I also started watching my all-time favorite Sci-Fi show - Babylon 5 (in Chronological order) right before Christmas. I try to pace myself, but I'm already on season 3. Whew! That's not even counting the stuff I watch with my six year old daughter which consists mostly of Disney Channel stuff. i don't mind though because it's my daughter and I'm a cool dad.  :D 

9wOJHDi.jpg

Lo, There Do I See My Father. Lo, There Do I See My Mother,

And My Sisters, And My Brothers. Lo, There Do I See The Line Of My People, Back To The Beginning!

Lo, There Do They Call Me. They Bid Me Take My Place Among Them, In The Halls Of Eternity! Where The Brave Live Forever!

What We Do In Life... Echoes In Eternity

#25 elvismiggell

elvismiggell

Advanced Member

• 42 posts
  • LocationLingfield, UK

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

We're currently enjoying the latest Sherlock series over in here in the UK.  Just watched last night's episode.

We've also been working our way through Vampire Diaries for meaningless trash, and Game of Thrones for something slightly better.  (Though the books are DEFINITELY better!)

#26 Welfeena

Welfeena

• 23 posts
  • LocationKerbal Space

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

I hope you get a chance to see the rest of the season of Dracula Wes. It's so epic.

Speaking of Blue Bloods, they filmed an episode of it right next to my workplace. ^_^  I didn't get to see Tom Selleck though. His moustache would be worth seeing.

Posted Image

#27 Palaciouss

Palaciouss

Advanced Member

• 55 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:44 AM

I will probably catch flak for this, but next to Sc-Fi & Fantasy, I really like vampire fiction (please still be my friends). Yes, I even enjoyed the last two Twilight novels (please, oh please still be my friends. :lol: )  As such I've really been enjoying Dracula on NBC. Really good show IMO. They changed some of the mythos just enough to make it enjoyable for the post 9/11 generation. My wife and I also watch: 

• The Vampire Diaries
  • The Originals
  • Grimm
  • Bitten
  • The Legend of Korra
  • Arrow
  • Marvel's The Agents of Shield
  • Banshee
  • Chicago PD
  • Criminal Minds
  • Scandal (the wife got me so hooked on this show)
  • Blue Bloods
  • Homeland
  • The Walking Dead
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • Sleepy Hollow
  • Suits!

There are others, but those are the main ones. 

I also started watching my all-time favorite Sci-Fi show - Babylon 5 (in Chronological order) right before Christmas. I try to pace myself, but I'm already on season 3. Whew! That's not even counting the stuff I watch with my six year old daughter which consists mostly of Disney Channel stuff. i don't mind though because it's my daughter and I'm a cool dad.  :D 

Me and you can be great friends! Kappa

#28 pyso_

pyso_

Advanced Member

• 157 posts
  • LocationTrondheim, Norway

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:14 PM

Been watching Dracula lately myself and been enjoying it a bunch. I really like what they've done with the setting so far and I can't wait to see what the future will bring for that show! Other than that Sherlock is finally back on the screen, that is one show I would advise anyone to check out if they enjoy some good British entertainment. Arrow, Agents of Shield and The Blacklist are some other shows I've been following as of late, none of them are what I would call amazing but they are entertaining enough to keep me watching (although usually while I do other things). And I almost forgot Community, the first 3 seasons of that show have given me some of the most fun I've had watching television. The D&D episode alone makes it one of my absolute favorite shows and the paint-ball episodes are all hilarious!

Other than that here is a list of series I've enjoyed in the past and would recommend to anyone;

• The Sopranos
  • The West Wing
  • Twin Peaks
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • Star Trek DS9 & TNG
  • Stargate SG1

#29 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

Twin Peaks. :D So much good stuff in that series.

#30 Nahku

Nahku

Advanced Member

• 303 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:49 PM

Finally finished Fringe, tonight. So good.  

Can't decide what to start next, too many good ideas in this thread. :blink:

#31 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

Finally finished Fringe, tonight. So good.  

Can't decide what to start next, too many good ideas in this thread. :blink:

Fringe jumped the shark a little bit the further it went. I won't say anything else for people that haven't seen it yet.

I thought season 1 and 2 was great though.

#32 pyso_

pyso_

Advanced Member

• 157 posts
  • LocationTrondheim, Norway

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:01 AM

When it comes to Game of Thrones, the series everyone seems to watch and like, I just can't watch it. I love the books to bits and I secretly hate R.R Martin for being so damn slow (at this rate he will probably die before he gets to finish his story :( ). But when I sat down and tried to watch it with my girlfriend I realized that I can't go through it all again, watching almost all my favorite characters die again? Why would I want to do that, why would anyone want to do that? All I could think through that whole first episode was "you say that now, but they are gonna chop your head off".

It's a hard life 

#33 trechetican

trechetican

Advanced Member

• 46 posts
  • LocationKirkmichael, Bonny Scotland

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:29 AM

Oh I saw you mention this in the stream today Trech and I just forgot to respond to it.

I've seen about 5 episodes so far and I like it ok. I do like the "in the game" animes to some extent. This one hasn't been TOO childish or goofy for me yet. I always compare anime to the likes of stuff like Cowboy Bebop so I can't say it's "good" but it's watchable for me still and I do want to find out what's going on in the story arc.

i agree wes.. it's i have watch about all the good ones out there so needing somthing new or okay  :D

The Trechetican Blizzard:Trechetican#2697
Youtube
twitter
facebook

#34 Nahku

Nahku

Advanced Member

• 303 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:37 AM

Fringe jumped the shark a little bit the further it went. I won't say anything else for people that haven't seen it yet.

I thought season 1 and 2 was great though.

Agreed, but I really enjoyed the series overall.  One of my favorite in recent years.

#35 thatoldlimey

thatoldlimey

Advanced Member

• 66 posts
  • LocationWorcester, MA

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

Keep meaning to watch the last season of Fringe with my wife, but we always start watching something else. Great series though. Try to keep up to date with a lot of British shows too. Looking forward for Hannibal to return in February too.

twitter - thatoldlimey - steam - twitternick - raptr - thatoldlimey - psn - kionee - xbox - thatoldlimey - flickr - kionee

Blizzard - Thatoldlimey#1530

#36 ROBOcaster

ROBOcaster

Advanced Member

• 80 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

Just finished Comedy Bang Bang, and Portlandia. I started The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes last night.

And God said:

"Let there be Airborne!" Saint Michael snapped to attention, and the heavens let out with a loud and thunderous ALL THE WAY!

#37 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

Just finished Comedy Bang Bang, and Portlandia. I started The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes last night.

OH YES! You watch CBB!? Do you listen to the podcasts? Mud_Mud and I go through phases of making CBB jokes and no one ever knows what we're talking about lol.

#38 ROBOcaster

ROBOcaster

Advanced Member

• 80 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

Yeah I listen to them every week, heard every episode, even went to live Podcast in D.C., I got to meet Hot Saucerman, Paul F. Tompkins along with James Adomian. I listen to a lot of Earwolf Podcast. Man this community gets better every-time I get on here. I'm going to go tell... My Wife!

And God said:

"Let there be Airborne!" Saint Michael snapped to attention, and the heavens let out with a loud and thunderous ALL THE WAY!

#39 Jhay2727

Jhay2727

Advanced Member

• 81 posts
  • LocationSarasota, FL

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:09 PM

Three words, Game of Thrones

#40 Metricos

Metricos

• 13 posts
  • LocationEast coast, US

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:59 AM

I don't have cable, and haven't for years. Livestreams, video games, and my kindle have taken over the time I'd dedicate to TV. When it comes to the couple shows I do keep up with, American Horror Story is the only current series I'm watching. I'm really enjoying this season quite a bit! The new additions to the cast are really awesome and the plot is every bit as crazy as I'd expect from this show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users