• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

What TV series are you currently watching?

Television

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

#41 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

Yeah I listen to them every week, heard every episode, even went to live Podcast in D.C., I got to meet Hot Saucerman, Paul F. Tompkins along with James Adomian. I listen to a lot of Earwolf Podcast. Man this community gets better every-time I get on here. I'm going to go tell... My Wife!

I also watch/listen to Who Charted as much as I can. I think Kremer is hilarious. The YouTubed episode of CBB with PFT playing as Richard Harrow from Boardwalk Empire had me laughing almost non-stop through the entire thing... I had to take a nap after!

#42 ROBOcaster

ROBOcaster

Advanced Member

• 80 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

Oh murderer heaven yes, great episode, and the only reason Richard Harrow got into murderer heaver is on a technicality that he was sad about his face. Every watched or listened to Improve4humans?

And God said:

"Let there be Airborne!" Saint Michael snapped to attention, and the heavens let out with a loud and thunderous ALL THE WAY!

#43 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:39 AM

Yeah I've watched few Improv4Human episodes. I don't know a ton about that one yet.

My podcast listening/watching started with Mud_Mud (from our community) recommending CBB to me. I've recently had little time to get any listening/watching done though. I hope to pick it back up again. Maybe later when the baby comes and I need some sweet, sweet down time snuggling that sleeping child!

#44 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• 203 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:41 AM

Forgot about a little gem from Netflix called Lilyhammer. 

Apparently season 2 is out so i just started watching that again.

#45 pyso_

pyso_

Advanced Member

• 157 posts
  • LocationTrondheim, Norway

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:05 AM

Ah Lilyhammer, amazing little show. I'm originally from around that area, so it's extra fun seeing it on TV of course!

#46 Rushlock

Rushlock

Advanced Member

• 81 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

I've started Enterprise on Netflix.  Not bad so far, gets alot of hate for being different from rest of the franchise, will see how it goes.

#47 pyso_

pyso_

Advanced Member

• 157 posts
  • LocationTrondheim, Norway

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

I honestly liked Enterprise, had a lot of good moments!

#48 Nahku

Nahku

Advanced Member

• 303 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

Yeah, I really liked Enterprise as well.

#49 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• 203 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

Black Sails - New Pirate Show on Starz seems interesting.  Anybody else catch this first episode?

#50 thatoldlimey

thatoldlimey

Advanced Member

• 66 posts
  • LocationWorcester, MA

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:00 AM

Enterprise was ok, not great but ok. Definitely one of the weaker star trek shows, alongside voyager. The ending of Enterprise was terrible too. My wife recently had the desire to watch all of Chuck again, so that's all that's been on our tv for the last week or so. Thank god for you streamers out there keeping me sane :)

twitter - thatoldlimey - steam - twitternick - raptr - thatoldlimey - psn - kionee - xbox - thatoldlimey - flickr - kionee

Blizzard - Thatoldlimey#1530

#51 Darque

Darque

• 9 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:49 PM

Great thread!

I've watched soooo many TV series over the years, it was hard to narrow it down to a few, but here's my list. Sadly, most of the TV series I even up getting hooked to get cancelled too soon. I was surprised to see so many blokes here watch The Vampire Diaries lol  :P

TV series that I watch religiously are   :wub:

The Vampire Diaries

The Originals

Game of Thrones

I'm also currently watching   :D

Sleepy Hollow

The Walking Dead

Hemlock Grove

Mythbusters

Old favourites   :)

Battlestar Galactica

Angel

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer

X-Files

Star Trek: Voyager

Sailor Moon (cartoon)

Last but not least, the shows that got cancelled too soon  :( wesFist

The Secret Circle

Kindred: The Embraced   :(

Earth 2 

Firefly 

Lie to Me

My So-Called Life

Gargoyles (cartoon)

#52 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:57 AM

I've started Enterprise on Netflix.  Not bad so far, gets alot of hate for being different from rest of the franchise, will see how it goes.

Enterprise gets good in season 2. Season 1 was crap. Don't worry though, it turns out to be a solid Star Trek show. Enough so that I bought the series to go with my Original series. Yeah the ending was bad but that's because the show was canceled I think.

#53 Nahku

Nahku

Advanced Member

• 303 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

Oh, I haven't seen this mentioned so I thought I'd throw it out there:  Dead Like Me

Such a good show. Mandy Patinkin is great in it.   Unfortunately, yet another good show that got cancelled early.   :unsure:

#54 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

Oh, I haven't seen this mentioned so I thought I'd throw it out there:  Dead Like Me

Such a good show. Mandy Patinkin is great in it.   Unfortunately, yet another good show that got cancelled early.   :unsure:

It was such a strange show but it had a perfect cast. When I started watching it I couldn't stop, I think I watched all of it in less than a week. A very similar show is Pushing Daisies, very morbid yet endearing at the same time. Also cancelled too soon, has a very unsatisfying ending :(

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#55 DragonKitty

DragonKitty

Advanced Member

• 52 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

I am currenlty watching "Almost Human" which is good i like it :) but I also started rewatching Medium

I do not mean to offend, but I can not honestly say I really care if I do or not....

#56 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:29 PM

I am currenlty watching "Almost Human" which is good i like it :) but I also started rewatching Medium

Almost Human is decent. I like Carl Urban a lot so it's watchable for me. It's a cool Asimov theme with the almost human Robots reflecting humans that also have trouble being "human" thus the Almost Human title that goes both ways.

#57 milksgonebadd

milksgonebadd

Advanced Member

• 117 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:11 PM

Almost Human is really good. Its probably one of the most different in the 'buddy cop' genre. I don't know the name of the actor who plays DRN but his and Carl's acting is superb, along with Carl's weapon training; makes for a very well rounded show. 

#58 Nahku

Nahku

Advanced Member

• 303 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

It was such a strange show but it had a perfect cast. When I started watching it I couldn't stop, I think I watched all of it in less than a week. A very similar show is Pushing Daisies, very morbid yet endearing at the same time. Also cancelled too soon, has a very unsatisfying ending :(

Yeah, very strange, and some episodes definitely either tug at the heartstrings or were quite strange... I loved the two seasons..   cut short on an unsatisfying ending indeed.

#59 thatoldlimey

thatoldlimey

Advanced Member

• 66 posts
  • LocationWorcester, MA

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

Also really enjoying Almost Human, refreshing to see a cop drama where the human cops aren't all totally incompetent. Can't see it lasting very long on fox though, though I do applaud them for giving it a try. Then again, Fringe did last 5 seasons, so who knows. 

Watched the first few episodes of Helix, and it's intriguing so far. I was worried at first it was going to be tv version of The Thing, but so far it hasn't gone that route.

Finally caught up with Sleepy Hollow, and the finale was pretty awesome. Sucks to have to wait until the autumn for more though, especially with all the cliffhangers. 

Hannibal starts back up in late February, and can't wait for more of that.

twitter - thatoldlimey - steam - twitternick - raptr - thatoldlimey - psn - kionee - xbox - thatoldlimey - flickr - kionee

Blizzard - Thatoldlimey#1530

#60 ecator

ecator

Advanced Member

• 61 posts
  • LocationGreenville SC

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:58 AM

Enterprise was ok, not great but ok. Definitely one of the weaker star trek shows, alongside voyager. The ending of Enterprise was terrible too. My wife recently had the desire to watch all of Chuck again, so that's all that's been on our tv for the last week or so. Thank god for you streamers out there keeping me sane :)

Dude chuck is awesome, I somehow missed it totally when it was on TV and knew nothing about it at all. Started it up on netflix since I was out of stuff to watch and finished off all of them within the past couple weeks. I also agree with your assessment of Enterprise I finished that one off recently as well. Going through the original star trek shows now.

Oh and on a side note for netflix streaming I discovered if you connect to netflix like your in the UK and go to the UK version of netflix they have a bunch of shows and movies that arent availible on the US netflix. To name a few there are tons more episodes of mythbusters on UK, The hobbit movie, That show castle, and the unit, and loads of other stuff. Kinda irritates me because they had the last season of breaking bad on right as it finished up and the US didnt, I had to buy the last season of that show off amazon since I didnt find out about UK netflix. I just setup an alternate browser with something called hola unblocker which you can use to set up what country you want to view the internet as.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users