• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

What TV series are you currently watching?

Television

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

#61 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:29 PM

Watched the first few episodes of Helix, and it's intriguing so far. I was worried at first it was going to be tv version of The Thing, but so far it hasn't gone that route.

I've heard Helix described as "a zombie show without zombies" and that seems fairly accurate so far.

One thing that DOES really irritate me is how obvious it is that these producers are so much about the bottom line that the tv shows we get these days are literally on a canned set and they will film an ENTIRE show within a single room or two. It's so unprofessional looking to me as it goes on. Helix is guilty of this more than most I've seen lately but it's becoming more and more prevalent. Any time we get a different scene, outside or something beyond the initial setup/pilot of the show, it's straight up terrible CGI.

#62 Rushlock

Rushlock

Advanced Member

• 81 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:24 PM

Finished S1 of Enterprise, on to S2

#63 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• 203 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:52 PM

House of Cards ....  This week... Season 2.....cant wait.

If any of you havent seen this.....  OMG... you should.  Its a great show

#64 Cozax

Cozax

• 19 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:21 AM

Community is the only show that I really enjoy watching right now, I'm not big into watching non-comedic stuff and it is pretty much the only show I've seen that doesn't bore or annoy me :).

#65 Aritani

Aritani

Advanced Member

• 38 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:15 AM

Currently going through a couple of shows, rewatching Battlestar Galactica, up to season 2, which is where i finished watching last time i was watching it, so some new episodes will be viewed soon. Really love this series but for some reason i get distracted with other stuff a lot.

Also watching Game of Thrones for the first time, also in season 2. 

hv737pE.jpg

#66 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:06 AM

This Week:

• Helix
  • The Walking Dead
  • Black Sails
  • Almost Human
  • Parks and Recreation
  • Comic Book Men

#67 thatoldlimey

thatoldlimey

Advanced Member

• 66 posts
  • LocationWorcester, MA

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:35 AM

What is Black Sails like?

twitter - thatoldlimey - steam - twitternick - raptr - thatoldlimey - psn - kionee - xbox - thatoldlimey - flickr - kionee

Blizzard - Thatoldlimey#1530

#68 Palaciouss

Palaciouss

Advanced Member

• 55 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

What is Black Sails like?

Pirate Spartacus Kappa

It's actually very good, the plotline is a little iffy to me, seems a bit un-pirate like at times but it's an all in all good show (What you get with Micheal Bay I suppose)

There's a lot of sexual activity in the show (People familiar with Spartacus will understand - Starz is the common thing between the two shows so expect it) so be aware of that going into the show.

#69 thatoldlimey

thatoldlimey

Advanced Member

• 66 posts
  • LocationWorcester, MA

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

Ah...so Boobs on Boats...got it :)

twitter - thatoldlimey - steam - twitternick - raptr - thatoldlimey - psn - kionee - xbox - thatoldlimey - flickr - kionee

#70 daedalus212

daedalus212

Advanced Member

• 129 posts
  • Locationcanada, ontario

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:10 AM

i just found a new show called intelligence. it has an interesting storyline of a special agent that had a computer chip implanted into his brain so he can basically accase the internet through his mind. it seems promising. also there is star wars the clone wars. if you are a star wars fan i highly suggest you go watch it. i found it so good that i like it more then the original films. but i always preferred the clones as the good guys fighting an equally sized army.

edit: i just watched the trailer to almost human and it looks amazing! thanks wes, i will deffently start watching it.

"Never underestimate teamwork, It gives the enemy something else to shoot at" -(Murphy's law of war) ///// "I would give you sloppy, nutty kisses." -SQIRL 2015 /////  "It's just big, Just too big for my hands." -SQiRL 2015 /////
my links (twitter) (steam)

#71 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

Ah...so Boobs on Boats...got it :)

I feel like every cable show is in some kind of secret boobs and frontal nudity competition now lol... MERKINS! MERKINS EVERYWHERE!

#72 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

i just found a new show called intelligence. it has an interesting storyline of a special agent that had a computer chip implanted into his brain so he can basically accase the internet through his mind. it seems promising. also there is star wars the clone wars. if you are a star wars fan i highly suggest you go watch it. i found it so good that i like it more then the original films. but i always preferred the clones as the good guys fighting an equally sized army.

edit: i just watched the trailer to almost human and it looks amazing! thanks wes, i will deffently start watching it.

Np man. Again it's a real "tv" show as in, it's not brilliantly written or anything that will blow your mind but, it does try to approach interesting topics that seem to fit with current issues in society. Aaaand, it's sci-fi so I watch it :D  It doesn't bore me like most stuff on television and I like Karl Urban a lot. His partner played by Michael Ealy is also VERY good in his role. They work very well together and honestly, I think without those two having such cohesion, the show would flop.

#73 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:54 PM

I don't think it's been mentioned here before - Luther. It's a British miniseries, there are 14 episodes and each is around 1 hour. Idris Elba is great here, his character is very interesting and personally, I liked the change from the classical good-guy-detective most shows go for these days. He was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for each season and won one. 

tl;dr watch at least the first episode if you get the chance, you might get hooked on it instantly. I just have to warn you, the series has some adult content (as in gore and blood - not as bad as some other ones out there - Hannibal, True detective - but still, don't watch it with your family I guess?).

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#74 thatoldlimey

thatoldlimey

Advanced Member

• 66 posts
  • LocationWorcester, MA

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

I love Almost Human, the two leads are great together and the rest of the police actually act competently which is very refreshing. And the humor is fantastic 

And luther is fantastic, Idris Alba is stunning in that role. Can't wait for more of that series.

#75 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:17 AM

Yeah I like Alba a lot.

#76 elvismiggell

elvismiggell

Advanced Member

• 42 posts
  • LocationLingfield, UK

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:51 AM

Anyone else watching the new web series "Caper" on Geek & Sundry?

Two episodes in and quite enjoying it.  Very much its own style.

#77 daedalus212

daedalus212

Advanced Member

• 129 posts
  • Locationcanada, ontario

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:46 AM

I love Almost Human, the two leads are great together and the rest of the police actually act competently which is very refreshing. And the humor is fantastic 

And luther is fantastic, Idris Alba is stunning in that role. Can't wait for more of that series.

ya i almost died watching that scene lol. it is right up there in my fav scenes with this one lol

i do love me a good slice of hawaiian pizza though

"Never underestimate teamwork, It gives the enemy something else to shoot at" -(Murphy's law of war) ///// "I would give you sloppy, nutty kisses." -SQIRL 2015 /////  "It's just big, Just too big for my hands." -SQiRL 2015 /////
my links (twitter) (steam)

#78 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:04 PM

He's great but I also loved Alice, I was so happy when she returned in season 3. Are there going to be more episodes? I was under the impression that the 3th season is the final one.

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#79 BanditPants

BanditPants

• 14 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:22 AM

These may be older tv series, but they are what I have watched / still watch (there are many more, but here are a few):

• The 12th Kingdom
  • Oz
  • Heroes (the first 2 seasons.. after that it got strange to me)
  • Star Trek TNG
  • Stargate
  • House of Cards S1 - have yet to start S2
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • Seinfeld 
  • The Office
  • Boardwalk Empire
  • Sopranos
  • Mad Men
  • CSI

Streaming live every night at 10pm at twitch.tv/banditpants

Gamer, Musician, and dedicated broadcaster.

#80 DekkoCards

DekkoCards

Administrator

• 285 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:46 PM

I've added a couple shows to my watch list recently...

Black Sails (Starz)

Justified (FX)

True Detective (HBO)

Helix (SyFy)

House of Cards (Netflix)

Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond (BBC America)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users