• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

What TV series are you currently watching?

Television

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

#81 ThatAverageGuyMike

ThatAverageGuyMike

Advanced Member

• 35 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:46 AM

Last night my wife and I binge-watched the last 5 episodes of Breaking Bad. Without revealing any spoilers, all I can say is Kreygasm.

What a great show - it will be missed!

Now we'll be watching some others on Netflix we have to catch up on:

Walking Dead

Longmire

Hell on Wheels

#82 Nahku

Nahku

Advanced Member

• 303 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

Adding on: the new House of Cards season... Really enjoying it, only 2 episodes left. :(

#83 Rushlock

Rushlock

Advanced Member

• 81 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:55 AM

Just started S3 of Enterprise.  T'Pol's new outfit is odd, was it leading to the same style seen in the OS movies?  Or more of a general effort to humanize her more?

#84 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:04 AM

Finished watching Cowboy Bebop a week ago and then switched to Heroes (never watched it before). Season 1 is good so far, I heard some bad stuff about the rest of the series though. I guess I'll find out the hard way.

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#85 thatoldlimey

thatoldlimey

Advanced Member

• 66 posts
  • LocationWorcester, MA

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:05 AM

Stop at season 1...that's the best advice I can offer, it really goes downhill after that. Originally the stories were supposed to be a season long affair, then the next season would be a fresh story. Somewhere along the line, they decided to scrap that. I wish they'd gone with their first idea, might have made the show more enjoyable.

twitter - thatoldlimey - steam - twitternick - raptr - thatoldlimey - psn - kionee - xbox - thatoldlimey - flickr - kionee

Blizzard - Thatoldlimey#1530

#86 TheMiningMinor

TheMiningMinor

• 8 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Upon Tyne, UK

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:06 AM

Not currently watching any TV since none of it really interests me. The only major series that I watch is Top Gear at the moment, since I can get BBC catch up on my TV. Thinking about rewatching a couple of shows like Game of Thrones and Red Dwarf (Which if sci-fi/comedy sounds like a good combo to you, I would recommend checking out). Some anime I want to watch again are Durarara and Fullmetal Alchemist (Probably Brotherhood, since I enjoyed that one over the original, and they are essentially the same)

#87 Palaciouss

Palaciouss

Advanced Member

• 55 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:40 PM

Just watched from start to the current episode of Vikings. Really enjoy the show, my only problem is the main character is a bit of a well... I won't use derogatory words but you get the idea. But it is a very appealing show that i will continue to watch!

#88 PCX64

PCX64

Advanced Member

• 65 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

I like anything sci-fi, preferably in deep space, and as long as it's somewhat serious, not a comedy. I don't find much entertainment in comedy.

These days however there isn't anything new to watch so I'm stuck in an endless loop with Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Babylon 5, etc.

So I don't watch TV often these days. I can only hope something new, great space sci-fi, gets made, and supported.

But, with that said, I don't exclusively watch space sci-fi. I do watch a few other genres, and some docu when I have time for it.

Game of Thrones, Vikings, and Da Vinci's Demons.

Arrow, Continuum, Almost Human, Falling Skies, Under the Dome, Defiance.

Horizon, The Universe, Through the Wormhole, Ancient Aliens.

There's a lot of old shows that I've seen. Most of them have been listed in the thread already. :-)

Stay romantic, be nice, forgive the flawed person, and render humility. I put my trust in people, that means you. Nothing is gained if you squander that.

#89 DragonKitty

DragonKitty

Advanced Member

• 52 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

okay so one that i started watching recently is Beauty and the Beast. which is kinda cheese at some parts but i do like it. its starting to get good but i just finished s1 and now i cant find a FULL list for s2 its making me angry lol i wanna watch it they left off s1 at a climax damn it

I do not mean to offend, but I can not honestly say I really care if I do or not....

#90 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

So, just watched the latest The Walking Dead episode (ep 14, "The grove"). I have to say that this is the best and the worst (as in, most messed up/dark) episode of that show I've seen so far, maybe in television in general. There were some NSFW/gorescenes in other series but this one kicked me in the balls on an emotional level.... It's just so good. Some people maybe saw it coming, some knew what was going to happen because of the comics but I didn't and due to that it was very intense and surprising for me.

I just wanted to share because I'm still deeply effected by it. The acting was great, the atmosphere and writing were on Breaking Bad's level and this episode is the reason I realized I love this show - it can still surprise me. It was worth watching it just to get here :)

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#91 PCX64

PCX64

Advanced Member

• 65 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

Yeap, that episode of The Walking Dead was great. That is a show that I follow from time to time and I usually watch the episodes in batch.
I let shows buffer up so that I can give them the time they deserve, so I watch them with focus, getting myself brought into that universe. :-)
Once I've done that, I get a TV series on bluray if a TV series deserves another watch.

Stay romantic, be nice, forgive the flawed person, and render humility. I put my trust in people, that means you. Nothing is gained if you squander that.

#92 SquadWipe

SquadWipe

Advanced Member

• 44 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:02 AM

D7uuRWi.jpg

WqbhNuT.jpg

It is all about spacetime exploration for me right now. http://www.cosmosontv.com/

However, I happen to design, engineer, and sell HTPC's and am a huge XBMC / Ice Films advocate so here is what we have on the Fave's List:

Vampire Diaries
The Originals 
Black Sails
Hannibal
Grimm (I am a PDX Native)
Portlandia
Grey's Anatomy
Shameless
Walking Dead (Dat ending doe)
Rake
Last Man Standing
Vikings
Game of Thrones 
House of Cards
Blacklist
Arrow
Reign
The Americans
Dusk Til Dawn

Pretty much all I have time for as I am working 15 hours a day right now on this new Start-up.

If any of you need help on setting up Ice Films or XBMC, just let me know. I am here to help. An open book. There really is no need for cable, or netflix, or amazon video, or downloading with all of the streaming options out there.

#93 PCX64

PCX64

Advanced Member

• 65 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

I also watch that new series :-) Both COSMOS A Personal Voyage and the new COSMOS A Space Time Odyssey, are amazing.

cosmo.png

cnun.png

#94 the_eggs

the_eggs

• 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:38 PM

Justified and Shameless. Only shows I make sure to catch on first airing. 

#95 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:04 AM

Just finished watching Hannibal season 2 finale. The whole season was just perfect but the last episode was icing on the cake. I won't comment on it any further so I don't spoil it for you guys but if you watched the series before and liked it, watch the 2nd season ASAP, before someone spoils the ending for you.

#96 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

Orange is the New Black.

Watching this with my Wife and we're both enjoying it. I can't put my finger on why it's such a good show, but it just is. Interesting characters, nicely timed comedy moments, but with some grounded drama moments too. Also boobs. 

PSN: MrLuchador
Steam: MrLuchador
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Mrluchador
XBL: LuckyMrLuchador

#97 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

I just watched the first season of Rick and Morty in the last few days. I expected some quirky, random humor and a silly cartoon. I got the best animated tv show I've seen so far. It's funny, smart, unpredictable but still consistent. It's silly most of the time but hits you when you least expect it with some hard life facts and emotions. I can't wait for the second season, I finally understand why everyone loves Dan Harmon so much :D

#98 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:18 AM

I'm currently watching:

The Strain (Guillermo del Toro's new take on Vampire stuff); This is an absolutely brutal show lol. I hate Vampire stuff usually but this isn't like anything I've ever seen. Enjoying it so far.

Halt and Catch Fire - I absolutely love this show. It's about the home PC market and boom in the early 80's. AMC is good at this kind of thing.

#99 Cyber

Cyber

Advanced Member

• 36 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:18 PM

My wife and I are currently making our way through the first three seasons of Person of Interest.  Pretty decent show although the third season is getting a touch weird.

dbb-sig.png

#100 FNGUS

FNGUS

• 9 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:03 AM

NCIS and its spin off and im waiting for Constantine and The Flash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users