• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Skyrim modding

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 belannaer

belannaer

Advanced Member

• 62 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

I installed them pretty much on the order I got them except if one of the mods especially stated that something should be installed before it. On graphics like new armors I went from least important to most important for me due to I knew that some of them would he overwritten. For load order I just use what ever BOSS throws out when you run it.

Twitch - Twitter - Youtube - Steam

Blizzard games: Belannaer#2785

#22 PCX64

PCX64

Advanced Member

• 65 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

Alrightey... the devil is in the details though. I've had a few large mod installations go bad, overlapping modifications usually done on textures and models go in a specific order otherwise gaps/seams and such things happen, although sometimes mods simply conflict however I swap them around, but I assume everything looks good with this list of mods and your installation order? I might have a stab at it sometime soon, if it's all working alright
:-)

Stay romantic, be nice, forgive the flawed person, and render humility. I put my trust in people, that means you. Nothing is gained if you squander that.

#23 belannaer

belannaer

Advanced Member

• 62 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

Yeah, I didn't have too many issues with them. I did get rid of couple of mods like convenient horses and something else which were causing issues.

Twitch - Twitter - Youtube - Steam

Blizzard games: Belannaer#2785

#24 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

Here's my current mod list for the stream. Everything on this list is included. The red x'd files are also installed. To install ALL the 2k textures at the same time you have to say NO on the popup that comes up once you try to install the second 2k texture and so on. They will still install.

liYG2qx.png

#25 Stalkerkoffie

Stalkerkoffie

• 6 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

I just started playing Skyrim last monday on stream, and this list will just make it so much better!

Thank you Bel! <3

#26 TheWinslow

TheWinslow

Advanced Member

• 73 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:05 AM

Great write up! I will definitely use this to try Skyrim once I upgrade my PC. You might also do a video showcase of just how much is the game changed with all these mods.

However, my biggest problem with Skyrim was combat and enemies' level scaling - some enemies had way too much hp and you just had to bash on them until their hp slowly reached zero... Any mods that fix that?

SkyRe is a gameplay overhaul that modifies weapon damage and armor values (if you use modded armor sets you also need to use the Reproccer), making combat much faster paced (both you and your enemies tend to hit harder). You can choose different modules to install, so if you only want the combat changes then you just choose that module. Actually, this mod does a very good job reorganizing the skill trees as well (for instance, 1h weapons are split into multiple groups, each with specific bonuses).

There are also a couple of AI enhancement mods out there like Enemy AI Overhaul or Ultimate Combat.

Alrightey... the devil is in the details though. I've had a few large mod installations go bad, overlapping modifications usually done on textures and models go in a specific order otherwise gaps/seams and such things happen, although sometimes mods simply conflict however I swap them around, but I assume everything looks good with this list of mods and your installation order? I might have a stab at it sometime soon, if it's all working alright
:-)

If you want to combine a bunch of texture packs, have you seen the Texture Pack Combiner? It is a tool that combines a whole bunch of different graphics mods (and you don't have to use them all).

#27 PCX64

PCX64

Advanced Member

• 65 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:37 PM

I'm going to have a stab at modding skyrim again, I'm going for a survival game this time, lore friendly* gameplay, item, creature, and immersion mods.

Top priotity is getting these (or similar) mods running well together, then new content, game alterations, and visuals. (* = Not without exceptions, though)

I'll be using Skyrim Mod Organizer this time (w/ LOOT), I'm going to use SkyProc patchers and a bashed patch. SKSE 1.7 will be used.

Modlist:

1. Skyrim 1.9_http://www.elderscrolls.com/skyrim
  2. All DLC
  3. USKP Series Patches
  4. SkyUI 4.1
  5. Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version
  6. Weapons and Armor Fixes - Remade
  7. Clothing and Clutter Fixes
  8. Falskaar
  9. Wyrmstooth
  10. Undeath
  11. No Snow Under The Roof
  12. Better Dynamic Snow
  13. Ruins Clutter Improved
  14. Static Mesh Improvement Mod
  15. Enhanced Distant Terrain
  16. Distant Terrain Hearthfire Edition
  17. SkyFalls + SkyMills
  18. Moss Rocks
  19. iHUD
  20. High Quality 3D Map - High Resolution Meshes
  21. A High Quality World Map with Roads
  22. Colored Map Markers Updated (SkyUI 4.1)
  23. Atlas Map Markers
  24. A Place to Sleep
  25. Better MessageBox Controls
  26. Better Dialogue Controls
  27. A Matter of Time
  28. Lanterns of Skyrim
  29. Skyrim Particle Patch by Mindflux
  30. Skill Interface Re-Texture
  31. Frostfall
  32. Splash of Rain
  33. Immersive Skyrim Thunder
  34. Babettes Feast (+ Sharlikran Update)
  35. Wearable Lanterns
  36. Craftable and Placeable Havok-Enabled Bedrolls (Frostfall tents aren't enough, heh)
  37. Known Spells
  38. Unique Booze Bottles HD
  39. Realistic Water Two
  40. Climates of Tamriel
  41. No Skill Limit (for NPCs!)
  42. Fur Hoods HD
  43. CWO - Civil War Overhaul
  44. EBT - Enhanced Blood Textures (and Patch Update)
  45. SkyRe - Skyrim Redone (and Xathra's USKRP)
  46. AMS - Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim (with SkyRe patch)
  47. EA - Enchanting Awakened (with Patch Pack and SkyRe Tree Merge)
  48. Lightning during Thunder Storms (with Climates of Tamriel patch)
  49. GDO - Guard Dialogue Overhaul
  50. EotW Mage Robes of Skyrim (with Clothing and Clutter Fixes patch)
  51. UU - Unique Uniques
  52. IW - Immersive Weapons
  53. IA - Immersive Armors
  54. Staves of Skyrim with SkyRe Compatibility
  55. LWE - Lore Weapon Expansion
  56. UBC - Unique Bows Collection
  57. Recurve Longbows SkyRe Integrated
  58. ARMONIZER Armors Pack
  59. Cloaks of Skyrim (with Dragonborn patch)
  60. WIC - Winter is Coming - Cloaks
  61. Falskaar - Climates of Tamriel patch
  62. DD - Deadly Dragons
  63. SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators (with Dawnguard fixes)
  64. Convenient Horses
  65. RWS - Real Wildlife in Skyrim (with Stability patch)
  66. MoMod - Monster Mod
  67. SIC - Skyrim Immersive Creatures
  68. EBT - Enahnced Blood Textures - Patches for Skyrim Immersive Creatures and Monster Mod
  69. SkyTEST - Integration Project (SkyTEST + SIC + RWS + MoMod + USKP)
  70. Bandolier - Bags and Pouches (resources only - the items are provided with the CCOR Mod)
  71. CCOR - Complete Crafting Overhaul Redone (with patches for SIC, WIC, Cloaks of Skyrim, and Frostfall)
  72. Climates of Tamriel (with DLC patches, and the sounds data)
  73. Climates of Tamriel Consistent Stars patch
  74. Rainbows
  75. Wet and Cold (with Wet and Cold - Ashes)
  76. Lorkhans Vision
  77. Supreme Storms - Climates of Tamriel version
  78. Climates of Tamriel - Weather Patch (with patches for DLCs and Supreme Storms, no ENB)
  79. Real Shelter - Full Release
  80. YY Anim Replacer - Mystic Knight (mage animations only)
  81. ACE - BYOG - Balance Your Own Game
  82. Lanterns of Skyrim - Climates of Tamriel Preset
  83. Drinking Fountains of Skyrim
  84. Destructible Bottles Extended
  85. Herbal Tea
  86. RND - Realistic Needs and Diseases
  87. RND - Real Wildlife Skyrim patch
  88. RND - Patch Pack (BabettesFeast, Unique Booze Bottles HD, Herbal Tea, Destructible Bottles Extended)
  89. RND - Falskaar Patch
  90. Hunterborn (with patches for Dawnguard, Frostfall and Realistic Needs and Diseases)
  91. Flora Respawn Fix - Harvest Overhaul Version
  92. HOC - Harvest Overhaul
  93. Customizable Camera
  94. Player Size Adjuster
  95. Arrows and Bolts Tweaks
  96. When Vampires Attack
  97. Run For Your Lives
  98. AOS - Audio Overhaul for Skyrim (with patches for CoT, EBT, GDO, RWT, SkyRe, WAFR, and Wet and Cold) (http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/43773/?)
  99. SkyRE-CCOR Patch (patches for Immersive Weapons, Immersive Armors, SkyRe, and Frostfall) (http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/50343/?)
  100. SkyProc Patchers - SkyProc Unified Manager - SUM
  101. SkyProc Patchers - Automatic Variants (with Bellyaches Skins, for now!)
  102. SkyProc Patchers - SkyRe Compatibility Patches
  103. SkyProc Patchers - SkyRe Compatibility Patches Pre and Post Update
  104. SkyProc Patchers - CCOR Post Patch with Armor chart
  105. SkyProc Patchers - ASIS Patcher (with Improved INI Files)
  106. SkyProc Patchers - Lootification (with Bad Record Recorder)

Well, that's some list. I'm no expert when it comes to doing the bashed patch and running these SkyProc patches and patchers, though.
I'm probably going with some trial and error there. And reading up on mod descriptions and readmes, and forum threads for each mod...

Perhaps someone here knows something about this though. Any ideas about about this preliminary mod list would be great, I could've made a few mistakes too...

ASIS + AV + ReProccer + Lootification + Bashed Patch? what a mess... :-P

EDIT: Removed "Real Rain" since that is not compatible with the Climates of Tamriel Weather Patch since it also replaces rain. I also removed The Climates of Tamriel No Aurora Snow Patch, since this is no longer needed when using the Climates of Tamriel Weather Patch since this mod has the Climates of Tamriel - Weather Patch - Snow included, which also hides away the aurora and sun during snow storms. The weather patch I use is this one: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/39799/? - It's also unconfirmed whether the Real Shelter mod will work with this weather patch, but hopefully there is a patch that solves this, but if not, I think I'm going to have to remove the Real Shelter mod, since this Weather Patch mod makes a few more changes, like fixing bright grass and trees during nights...

Stay romantic, be nice, forgive the flawed person, and render humility. I put my trust in people, that means you. Nothing is gained if you squander that.

#28 TheWinslow

TheWinslow

Advanced Member

• 73 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:30 AM

Ok PCX64...that is quite the mod list. I hope you have a good rig for it and are prepared for the game to crash. I'm not familiar with all of the mods that you are planning to use, but it looks like you don't have too many that could conflict, and the ones you do are mostly sound mods.

I would recommend getting the CTD and Memory Patch ENB (uses the performance fixes from the ENB without all the performance heavy graphics tweaks).

In addition to the Bashed patch, I would recommend making a merged patch as well. Without the merged and bash patches with this number of mods, you will get conflicts and you will cause CTDs.

Also, any reason you stayed away from Deadly Dragons?

Edit: woops, didn't notice Deadly Dragons on there.

#29 PCX64

PCX64

Advanced Member

• 65 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:00 PM

Indeed, TheWinslow, it's quite the mod list... rig should do ok, I avoid graphics mods, but I can sacrifice a little bit of performance to make the game play some more sounds, improved static meshes, should be alright...

Deadly Dragons is on the list - item 62.

Although I'm not too worried about the hardware I'm using for this, GTX670, i7-3930K, 16 GB RAM, SSD, I'm mostly worried about mod compatibility, game stability, and making sure everything is accounted for, I'd like to miss as little as possible from these mods, and that's mostly why I picked them, there are a lot of patches for these mods, it looks like it should work together with the many patches available for these mods, although a number of them are smaller mods. A few of these mods may however cause problems when installed with my list...

For example, I have a few mods that modify the GUI - SkyUI, iHUD, and that colored map markers mod.
From what I've read, all three UI mods should be compatible with each other. Install order for these is unclear, though.

Yeh, Me thinks I'm going to be spending a lot of time outside the game before I can start playing it, I'll have to know what to bash, what to merge, what to exclude from the various SkyProc patchers: ReProccer, ASIS, AV, and Lootification. Also, I'm going to need to find out what conflicts with what, which patches exist for which conflicts, and if I don't have a solution for it, perhaps create my own patch if it is not too much work. I'll be looking at alternative mods otherwise, but let's get started on something small - the sound mods.

The only sound mods that I got on the list are these, If I didn't forget something. I might have sounds in other mods, I haven't completely checked all mods yet.

• Immersive Skyrim Thunder (loaded first)
  • Climates of Tamriel Sounds (loaded second)
  • Audio Overhaul for Skyrim (loaded last)

I hope these three shouldn't conflict much... But let's have a look at the files anyway, beginning with the data files.

Immersive Skyrim Thunder got only 12 files (all prefixed "amb_"), in two folders under sound/fx/amb/weather/, one folder named "rain", and one named "thunder".
The Climates of Tamriel Sounds BSA contain only 39 files, in seven folders under sound/fx/ClimatesOfTamriel/. Shouldn't conflict I think... looks like new soundscapes.
Audio Overhaul for Skyrim is the big one, here we got a sweet 1951 files and 766 folders.

Okay, let's look closer at AOS... We got a folder sound/fx/amb/weather/ here, we got no file conflicts for any of these three mods though, great. =)

Now let's have a look at the ESP files added by these three mods. The files added by these three mods to the loadorder are the following:

IST - randomthunder.esp
COT - ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp
AOS -
AOS.esp, AOS2_CoT3_1_patch.esp, AOS2_EBT Patch.esp, AOS2_GDO Patch.esp, AOS2_RealisticWaterTwo Patch.esp, AOS2_SkyRe Patch.esp,
            AOS2_WAF Patch.esp, AOS2_WetandCold Patch.esp

Let's first have a look at the IST Readme, then let's look at the ESP in TES5Edit...

Both Storm Call and Unrelenting Force is mentioned in the readme for IST, the sounds for them have been changed. The ESP only adds one entry, odd?..

Sound Descriptor 000E7522, AMBWeatherThunderDistant, Yep we got a conflict! AOS changes this too =)

AOS changed only a single value here - under "BNAM - Values" we got the value for "Priority" changed to 255 from the vanilla value 128.
IST changes multiple values, though.
First, it changes the conditions under "Conditions", Looks like this ESP swaps the conditons around (Comparison Value and Function).

After doing that, a few values are changed under "BNAM - Values" in this ESP,
- "Frequency Shift" is changed to 75 from the vanilla value 0.
- "Frequency Variance" is changed to 55 from the vanilla value 10.
- "Static Attenuation" is changed to 8.81 from the vanilla value 3.52.
- "Priority" is changed to 1 from the vanilla value 128.

We got just one conflict here. Now, we'll have to decide what to do here. Maybe there is a way to play the sound indoors and outdoors... guess we'll look at what plays it...
IST removes the sound from outdoors, but has it play it indoors with low priority, while AOS prioritizes it and and has it play it outdoors, making IST a sound pack...
(But I could be very much wrong, heh)

Looks like I got one little conflict already - I'd like to hear the distant thunder indoors and outdoors... Probably not easily fixed.

When it comes to AOS and COT, a patch takes care of the conflicts between those two mods - in AOS2_CoT3_1_patch.esp - glad AOS got a patch for that. :-)

Well, I know this post is somewhat large, but that's just the beginning of that little adventure... Guess I'm going to be testing groups of a few mods together, multiple times, figuring out what should be in a bash or merge, what needs patching and fixing, and what needs to be blocked in ASIS, INI files, Loadorder, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users