• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Want to join #TeamRomantics? Find out how here.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

Hello Romantics!

The first and primary thing to keep in mind is that acceptance to the streaming team is on a case by case basis. People that are already on the team are grandfathered in regardless of whether they meet certain requirements or not.

Requirements:

• Community spirit. We promote our community. We're building a community. Community is a cohesive feeling between all of our streams. Our community is based on respect towards one another without elitism or judgements. Our community is generous and full of adults and mature people that want a positive experience. We want to promote a positive experience and give people a place that they can feel safe and comfortable in talking and participating if they wish to.
  • Respect. You must be a respectful streamer. Your viewers are the REASON you stream and you should respect each and every person that enters your chat room.
  • PG-13 is mandatory. Cursing is ok as long as it makes sense but vulgarity and sexual humor is not ok.
  • Regular streaming schedule. Even if it's twice a week for 1 hour, you should have a regular streaming schedule. That doesn't mean you can't be off or miss days or anything like that. We all have lives. It just means that you need to actually stream regularly to be considered for a spot on the team. Hobbyist streamer is A-OK. You don't have to be trying to make a living out of this.
  • Social Networking. You must be taking advantage of social networking including tweeting out your fellow #TeamRomantics streamers when you can.
  • Completeness. You should have a profile on your twitch channel that's at least set up. You need social links under your video window etc... Don't just have a big blank space. Take pride in your channel. The Romantics strives for some semblance of professionalism. The more "put together" your setup is, the better. That doesn't mean you need to be a graphic designer and have the most beautiful setup ever.

Suggestions

• You should be active in the community before applying.
  • We need to know who you are so get familiar with us and let us get familiar with you.
  • You should be posting on the forum and actively using our website.
  • Your content should be similar to the rest of the team's. This doesn't necessarily mean the games you play but the content you serve which involves your attitude and interaction with your viewers as well. The games you stream are up to you.
  • Participate in community events and get to know the other viewers in the community as well. Situating yourself as a regular member of the community is very important. I consider myself a regular member just like everyone else and try to participate in our other Streamer's chats when I am not working.

You can apply here: (If you want me to see your application ASAP, please leave a comment in this thread to let me know you have applied)

#2 Kicken

Kicken

Advanced Member

• 60 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:26 PM

Shot in an app. :) I haven't been regularly streaming just yet but am going to be picking it up.

#3 Eritach

Eritach

• 4 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:34 AM

Alright, I've entered my app. :)

#4 okiraan

okiraan

• 16 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

Thanks for the opportunity.  Once I start streaming more (and have a regular schedule) I just might apply!

#5 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:13 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am getting your apps. It will take a bit before people make it onto the team. I need to see a GOOD application and then see your stream a bunch as well as approach the rest of the team about it before we add anyone. Thanks for applying and I'm always keeping an eye for your streams!

#6 Kicken

Kicken

Advanced Member

• 60 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:19 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am getting your apps. It will take a bit before people make it onto the team. I need to see a GOOD application and then see your stream a bunch as well as approach the rest of the team about it before we add anyone. Thanks for applying and I'm always keeping an eye for your streams!

Works for me, stream needs a little work :)

#7 LOOPYDOG

LOOPYDOG

Advanced Member

• 135 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

I'm not into all this streaming stuff, and twitter I was thinking of joining  The romantics for star citizen. but if I have to go though all this I don't think its worth it. I think its wrong to make someone that has been watching your shows and now I have to jump hoops to get in? Or am I wrong at what I'm looking at  for star citizen. I have posted two things over on the citizen forum and no reply that was about 2 weeks ago. what's the use of all these twitters, FB and the rest if there's no one replying?

Star Citizen .. any help would be great !! thanks

#8 Nahku

Nahku

Advanced Member

• 303 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:51 PM

I'm not into all this streaming stuff, and twitter I was thinking of joining  The romantics for star citizen. but if I have to go though all this I don't think its worth it. I think its wrong to make someone that has been watching your shows and now I have to jump hoops to get in? Or am I wrong at what I'm looking at  for star citizen. I have posted two things over on the citizen forum and no reply that was about 2 weeks ago. what's the use of all these twitters, FB and the rest if there's no one replying?

Star Citizen .. any help would be great !! thanks

Hi Loopydog.    The #TeamRomantics streaming team is completely different than being a part of the Star Citizen corp.  The streaming team in purely intended for people that wish to represent the community by streaming on twitch under The Romantics banner.   I think you might have misread the intention of this post. :)

For Romanticorp information, please proceed to this post: http://wearetheroman...e-to-know-more/

#9 LOOPYDOG

LOOPYDOG

Advanced Member

• 135 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:59 PM

Thanks the first person that I could talk to. Ill try other post again if no reply im going to keep looking for an org,thanks!

#10 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:07 AM

Hey  Loopy. Romantics is a general gaming group and we do other things besides Star Citizen. Our Star Citizen Division info is independent of our Live Streaming Team. We have a streaming team that streams on Twitch.tv. This is for people that want to be live streamers (and they stream all kinds of different things).

Nahku above linked you to the correct Star Citizen info.

#11 rashad032

rashad032

• 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:25 PM

I HAVE APPLY WOO HOOO

#12 Celemourn

Celemourn

• 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

Application submitted.

#13 Soulztealer

Soulztealer

Advanced Member

• 95 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:14 PM

Application submitted.

That is Awesome Celemourn I hope to see you on the team.

b_560x95.png

#14 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:27 AM

I'm going to make a pass on all of the applications and evaluate streams this coming week. I'll folks know one way or another and what they need to work on if they don't make it.

#15 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:23 AM

Good luck to all those who applied!

PSN: MrLuchador
Steam: MrLuchador
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Mrluchador
XBL: LuckyMrLuchador

#16 MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

Advanced Member

• 140 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

I had just submitted an application. MKayyy...

#17 TheMiningMinor

TheMiningMinor

• 8 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Upon Tyne, UK

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:14 PM

Application submitted! :D

#18 Stalkerkoffie

Stalkerkoffie

• 6 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

Applied!

Now to get back to streaming and drink lots and lots of coffee ;)

#19 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

Thanks for all the applications folks :) There are actually a TON of applications from people that haven't even posted here. I don't even know who some of them are! Weird!

If you don't make it onto the team and you're wondering why, please make sure to read through the suggestions in the first post. Due to not wanting to inflate the team overly much and making sure it fits within the community standards, new additions need to hit on at least MOST of those suggestions.

Love you guys! Keep up the streaming!

#20 DragonKitty

DragonKitty

Advanced Member

• 52 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:38 PM

I applied.. though I understand if I am not accepted /cry lol jk but ya still i applied

I do not mean to offend, but I can not honestly say I really care if I do or not....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users