• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Mr. Luchador's Backlog Blitz

Steam Xbox Playstation Playstation2 Playstation3 Playstation4 PC Wii Backlog Blitz

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:30 AM

Latest review is up. 

PSN: MrLuchador
Steam: MrLuchador
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Mrluchador
XBL: LuckyMrLuchador

#22 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:52 AM

I wonder what happened on this day...

raid_zps2d5d4adc.jpg

... Romantics Raid!

Thanks for the raid guys, I know it's a little late! 

---

Assassin's Creed: Revelations and Assassin's Creed III write ups will be done tonight for those that might be reading them. 

#23 belannaer

belannaer

Advanced Member

• 62 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

Hah, got curious about what mind looked like. Can you spot where Banished released? :P

jPOaSGt.png

Twitch - Twitter - Youtube - Steam

Blizzard games: Belannaer#2785

#24 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

Dammit your twitch penis is bigger than mine, I am but half a man. 

#25 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:19 AM

OK, I've FINALLY finished The Witcher! Thanks to everyone who stopped by this weekend to hang out and make those final 10 hours bearable! Below is how I felt about the game in the form of a Steam Review!

http://steamcommunit...ommended/20900/

The Witcher is an RPG where you play as Geralt - an Alcoholic Sex Addict who solves crimes, mysteries and paranormal events. You're a stoic guy, who doesn't really know or speak much of their past and seems to have an supply of redhaired sidekicks to help you ou. Basically, you're a white haired David Duchovny. 

There is a lot I liked about The Witcher; such as the narative and compact storyline that can branch in several different ways. The Alchemy system to craft potions and oils, which become almost essential as the game progresses. Books & Scroll which progress the lore beyond that of NPC interactions, and in some instances help you gain extra loot and information about monsters. 

Yet, there is one aspect I just wasn't keen on at all and that (switches to silver sword strong style to fight the Trolls) was the combat system. It's an interesting idea and concept, but I just didn't get into it. There are six different fighting styles - Silver Sword and Steel Sword. Each sword has 3 different attack options - Strong, Quick & Group. You need to select the correct sword adn the correct attack option to do the optimal damage to the enemy. Silver Swords are perfect for Non-Human creatures, and Steel Sword is perfect for Human creatures. Strong style is best for large, heavy hitting enemies, while quick is best for more agile, quicker enemies. Group, naturally, is best against a large group of enemies. 
On paper it sounds pretty intelligent, but in reality it was somewhat frustrating and uninspiring. At one point the battles were simply referred to 'Benny Hills', due to the hit and run nature of the fights.

http://www.twitch.tv/mrluchador/c/3845320

So it's for that reason I would suggest if you were going to play through the game to put it on the easiest settings. Hopefully then you won't be too distracted by the fights within the game and can gain an understanding of the gameworld before you jump into The Witcher 2 & 3. Sadly, just I was starting to become bored of the combat, the game felt the urge to suddenly throw in Mob Waves and Gauntlet battles (something it had not done up to this point). By the time you reach the Final Chapter, you're suddenly fight more enemies than you've ever had to fight throughout the game that had came before hand. 

It's the kind of game I wish I had played on release several years ago, or in retrospect loaded up with mods before I attempted to play it several years after release to fix the issues that others seemed to share. 
Overall I'm pleased I played The Witcher, as I know feel like I'll understand The Witcher 3 somewhat better (there are tiny small droplets of references to 'The Wild Hunt' lore within The Witcher), and there are some honestly good moments within the game that need to be seen first hand. It's just a shame that the combat system gets in the way. 

So if you're someone who wants to get into The Witcher for Witcher 3 then this game might be for you if you slap it on easy and soak in the Game World and Lore. If you're a fan of RPGs I'm not entirely sure where I'd go with my recommendation. I guess, in the end, it's only fitting (yet sadly unable in Steam Reviews) to sit on the fence and air my neutrality on this.

#26 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

I'm thinking of turning April into a Franchise month, where I'll play as many of the games from 1 Franchise within the month of April.

Suggestions so far:

Half-Life (1; Blue Shift; Opposing Force; 2; Episode 1; Episode 2)

Final Fantasy

Fallout (1; 2; Tactics; 3; New Vegas)

#27 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:32 AM

Strawpoll: http://strawpoll.me/1371792

#28 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:49 AM

'Plans' for the stream

- Franchise Month: Fallout

-- Fallout 1

-- Fallout 2

-- Fallout: Tactics

-- Fallout 3

-- Fallout: New Vegas

An attempt to play through as much of the Fallout Franchise as I can in 1 month or so. I'll probably have a few mods loaded up on the various games, which I'll share in here and in a google document for those interested.

--

I'll also be dipping in and out of Elder Scrolls Online with my friend Commander Coco and hopefully The Romantics Community! 

#29 belannaer

belannaer

Advanced Member

• 62 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

If I can give a suggestion skip Fallout: Tactics. It's not really a good game and it's generally not really counted as part of the series at all. You are going to need a ton of time for 1+2+3 and New Vegas and skipping tactics would definitely help you with that.

#30 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:12 AM

Skip a game?! D:

I was thinking of perhaps starting with Wasteland, as that was the precursor to Fallout.

#31 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:23 PM

I'ts been a while since I've updated this thread, but I've made good progress with the Backlog Blitz! There was a little 'incident' this week where the numbers messed up a little, so I've tidied up Backloggery (finally).

I'm currently on game 136/931. So that's 135 games finished out of a possible 931 across 8 different formats (PC, Xbox, 360, PS, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Wii). I've removed duplicate games that I own across several different formats and kept one entry on the system I'm most likely to play it on (unless the game had unique content for certain platforms). So that's why the number has dropped fro 956 to 931 Games, chances are it'll change again slightly in the near future when I decide what to do with games you "can't finish" (such as open-ended strategy games/Football Manager). 

I've so far managed to finish 30 games in 2014, which is way more than I managed to finish last year! 

Game 1: Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PC)
Game 2: Assassin's Creed III (PC)
Game 3: Assassin's Creed IV (PS4)
Game 4: Portal 2 (PC)
Game 5: DLC Quest (PC)
Game 6: Afterfall: InSanity (PC)
Game 7: Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (PC)
Game 8: inFAMOUS (PS3)
Game 9: The Witcher (PC)
Game 10: Hotline Miami (PC)
Game 11: Sleeping Dogs (PC)
Game 12: Powerpuff Girls: Defenders of Townsville (PC)
Game 13: Deadpool (PC)
Game 14: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zero (PS4)
Game 15: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PC)
Game 16: South Park: The Stick of Truth (PC)
Game 17: Fallout 1 (PC)
Game 18: Fallout 2 (PC)
Game 19: 10,000,000 (PC)
Game 20: Papers, Please (PC)
Game 21: Hard Reset (PC)
Game 22: Resogun (PS4)
Game 23: Stick it to the Man! (PS4)
Game 24: Outlast (PS4)
Game 25: Watchdogs (PS4)
Game 26: Zombie Shooter (PC)
Game 27: Game Dev Tycoon (PC)
Game 28: Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons (PC)
Game 29: The Wolf Among Us - Season 1 (PC)
Game 30: F.E.A.R (PC)   

The aim is for at least 52 games finished this year, which is on average 1 a week. If I can do that I might just be able to finish my backlog in 17 years time, if I don't buy any new ones. HA!

The links on each game will take you to a Steam Review of what I thought, those without a link will eventually have a review on the Romantics Blog space. 

Out of all the games I've played this year, I still feel like Sleeping Dogs was the best I've played and I played that all the way back in March! 

I'll do my best to keep this thread updated more for those interested, be prepared for end of year stats and spreadsheets in December/Jan! In the mean time here are few companion sites I use to help track of all the madness: 

Backloggery

The Ultimate Challenge... finish my backlog. It has been left to my First Born.

Howlongtobeat

Useful for keeping track of time played when Steam is being a little broken, or playing a Non-Steam game.

#32 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:21 AM

Wow lol. That's pretty tough. So many games. You've got more willpower than I do for that kind of thing!

#33 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

Hey, I'm getting there! 

In all honesty streaming them has helped, as I've totally missed the social aspect of gaming I had during childhood and teenage years. There was nothing better than playing football when it was nice outside, and then as it got dark having friends around and playing games together - the original twitch! Watching each other play games and making jokes about the events was great.

Streaming has slowly started to provide that thanks to The Romantics' community, it's been nice to start to get to know some of the guys who hang out in the various channels - Belannaer, Milks, Celemourn, Thebadgi, Palacious & Bloo, etc. In fact anyone who can stomach listening to me on Rocksmith needs a shout out! 

#34 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:25 AM

Oh yeah man. I remember when I was a teenager, we played video games at night, when the weather was bad or during weekend sleepover type things. We never sat around playing video games all day during the day. The world has changed!

I miss those times a lot. My best friend growing up, Stephen, visits the stream chat a lot as "youmockingmeboy". We used to spend a lot of late nights playing Tecmo Super Bowl :D There was a lot of watching each other playing RPG's too. I thought I had completely lost those days forever but, I'm hoping that Logan will have those kinds of experiences as well and I will enjoy watching him live through it.

Live streaming is a pretty cool way to play through games when you have a couple of people you can hang out with via the chat. It's not AS good as the good ole days but, it's still pretty damn cool.

#35 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

Old Man Wes sitting back in his old man chair observing the gameplay party happening in front of him with a smile on his face. Good times!

#36 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:59 PM

Old Man Wes sitting back in his old man chair observing the gameplay party happening in front of him with a smile on his face. Good times!

Joining in and then getting my butt kicked by 10 year olds. Ahhh, the fun times ahead.

#37 belannaer

belannaer

Advanced Member

• 62 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:34 AM

Really missing those days myself too. Surprisingly while visiting my family last week it seems even my mum misses those days. She has never been really a gamer or anything at all but has had to endure 30 years+ of me talking about games and other stuff (yes I'm 30+ and still discuss games and stuff with my mum). After talking a bit we decided that I'll get couple USB NES controllers and fire up emulator to get some gaming sessions going with family next time I'm there. And we need to corrupt my sister's kid into gaming.

#38 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:31 PM

Hah. That's awesome Belannaer. I used to take turns playing Mario Brothers on the NES with my grandma that raised me. It was hilarious cause she had NO idea what she was doing 90% of the time but we had so much fun.

#39 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:28 AM

It's funny how family members sort of get dragged into gaming. My Wife doesn't play, but there are certain games she enjoys watching being played (mainly the cinematic ones). Strangely, she still doesn't really understand why anyone would watch anyone else play games on twitch..!

---

As for the Backlog Blitz I'm currently playing Dragon's Dogma as it was time to play a game longer than 5 hours! I'm really enjoying it, and a little confused why it seems to be such a forgotten gem of last gen already. 

I'm also planning on kicking 2015 off with a 'bang' by attempting to finish all the Final Fantasy games I've never finished... which is all of them... 

#40 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:36 PM

Oh man. Dragon's Dogma was awesome. Dark Arisen adds a lot to it as well. You could easily get 80+ hours out of that game. I think I spent 55 in it and never even finished Dark Arisen. I did watch a lot of it though.

If they do a sequel to that game and take the community feedback to heart, it will be amazing. It simply needs a little bit more Dark Souls added to it and it will be stellar. Such a great concept for a video game combining all those features.

I was watching you play it a bit last night and it made me want to get back into it again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Steam, Xbox, Playstation, Playstation2, Playstation3, Playstation4, PC, Wii, Backlog Blitz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users