• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

space engineers multiplayer

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 daedalus212

daedalus212

Advanced Member

• 129 posts
  • Locationcanada, ontario

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

so whos up to play some space engineers multiplayer with me?

"Never underestimate teamwork, It gives the enemy something else to shoot at" -(Murphy's law of war) ///// "I would give you sloppy, nutty kisses." -SQIRL 2015 /////  "It's just big, Just too big for my hands." -SQiRL 2015 /////
my links (twitter) (steam)

#2 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

I have no idea how to play that game. I loaded it up for 5 minutes once and was completely lost lol. Did they ever add a tutorial or anything to the game?

#3 daedalus212

daedalus212

Advanced Member

• 129 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:14 AM

if you want wes, i can give you a tutorial lol. once you get a hang of it. it becomes really addicting to play

"Never underestimate teamwork, It gives the enemy something else to shoot at" -(Murphy's law of war) ///// "I would give you sloppy, nutty kisses." -SQIRL 2015 /////  "It's just big, Just too big for my hands." -SQiRL 2015 /////

#4 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

Is there an in-game goal yet or is it just intended to be Sandbox, make up your own goals like Minecraft?

#5 Nahku

Nahku

Advanced Member

• 303 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:22 PM

I was gifted a copy of that game form a fellow Romantic (thanks Jake!) and have yet to check it out.  I'd definitely like to try it.    Like Wes, I was kind of lost on how to do things.  Looks fun though!

#6 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

It looks great and that's why I picked it up. Just haven't ever had a chance to get into it yet. Maybe for an evening stream one day?

#7 Nahku

Nahku

Advanced Member

• 303 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

It looks great and that's why I picked it up. Just haven't ever had a chance to get into it yet. Maybe for an evening stream one day?

Sounds like a plan.

#8 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• 203 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

yea  mark me down as also completely lost as to how to do stuff when i opened it up for the first time lol.

#9 daedalus212

daedalus212

Advanced Member

• 129 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

lol it is still at a sand box stage, but people have put together game types like capture the flag and such.

#10 Ralaigon

Ralaigon

• 15 posts
  • LocationRheinland-Pfalz, Germany

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

If anyone wants to play multiplayer again I'll join in. I didn't play this since day one on steam early access

#11 DaxBarlu

DaxBarlu

• 6 posts
  • LocationManitoba, Canada

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

Well to resurrect an old topic. That was a great stream last night Wes! Just curious how many people we have playing this game?

#12 Soulztealer

Soulztealer

Advanced Member

• 95 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

I am playing this and I love it!

b_560x95.png

#13 PCX64

PCX64

Advanced Member

• 65 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

Well, if I was gifted a copy of this game from someone, I couldn't say No. Alas, I don't think this will happen, and right now I can't really justify spending more money on games for a while, so I'll just say that I hope you guys have fun with this game and take it easy. :-)

Stay romantic, be nice, forgive the flawed person, and render humility. I put my trust in people, that means you. Nothing is gained if you squander that.

#14 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

There's now 16 man server support but it has to be hosted on your PC. There's no dedicated server support yet. I'm pretty into playing this thing with a group of people. The problem for me is IP address stuff. I can't be giving my IP address out to folks.

Fenrir, from our Twitch channel said as soon as the dedicated support is added he will run a dedicated server for us. He does server stuff out of his home and currently runs a Starbound server for us. (that no one has been using lol).

The game is loads of fun with multiple people trying to build massive structures and ships. On realism mode you REALLY need multiple people to get big builds finished. They also just added derelict ships that kind of show up from time to time so you can harvest them for resources.

#15 DaxBarlu

DaxBarlu

• 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

Yeah I understand the IP thing. 

The game will be great with multiple people. I've built a pretty large station in survival mode by myself and its taken me like 30 hours to do between mining, refining and hauling materials around. I'm excited for the 16 man dedicated servers. Just too bad the work I've done can't be transferred but oh well with multiple people it won't take very long to do building stuff. Hopefully with the servers comes conveyors too lol.

I didn't know about the derelicts... I will have to keep an eye open for them.

#16 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

I heard from a little bird that the final iteration of the dedicated servers will be able to do upwards of 250+ people simultaneously if the system you're hosting it on can handle it.

#17 DaxBarlu

DaxBarlu

• 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

Wow that would be crazy! I can just imagine the fun/chaos that could be had with that many people in this game. Lol.

#18 PCX64

PCX64

Advanced Member

• 65 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

It would be really nice if I hosted a small server for this game but unfortunately I don't have this game, and that is a shame because I am an excellent admin.

Stay romantic, be nice, forgive the flawed person, and render humility. I put my trust in people, that means you. Nothing is gained if you squander that.

#19 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:57 AM

Wow that would be crazy! I can just imagine the fun/chaos that could be had with that many people in this game. Lol.

In 1x Realism mode ammo is actually pretty time consuming to make. It would be great because you would have to run very planned out attacks to make them efficient and then worry about retaliation while you're making more ammo. It would take quite a while to build up a large stock of it.

#20 DaxBarlu

DaxBarlu

• 6 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

Yeah that would be great. Would make pvp a lot of fun. Planning attacks/defence. It will be interesting once capital weapons are activated too. This game has so much potential... Going to be hard to spread my spare time between star citizen and this lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users