• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Keeping with the theme...

Deus Ex cyberpunk Sprawl Trilogy books dystopian

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Metricos

Metricos

• 13 posts
  • LocationEast coast, US

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

So since Wes is doing a playthrough of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I though it might be pertinent to mention the Sprawl Trilogy (Neuromancer, Count Zero, and Mona Lisa Overdrive) by William Gibson. 

It's a very dystopian, cyber-punk setting. Everything from augmented street samurai to nihilistic AI to drugged-out "Cowboys" who make their living by stealing, manipulating, and reselling information while jacked into a very Matrix-style version of the net. If you're into Deus Ex, Existenz, Shadowrun, or Blade Runner, it is absolutely worth checking out.

#2 thatoldlimey

thatoldlimey

Advanced Member

• 66 posts
  • LocationWorcester, MA

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

Love Gibson's work, absolutely worth checking out if you're a fan of the genre which have oft borrowed ideas from his books. 

twitter - thatoldlimey - steam - twitternick - raptr - thatoldlimey - psn - kionee - xbox - thatoldlimey - flickr - kionee

Blizzard - Thatoldlimey#1530

#3 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:45 AM

Oh man. Existenz was a trip. I saw it for the first time with my wife before we were married.

I haven't read those books. I'll probably pick these up at some point and try them out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users