• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Chat Settings

RSI Chat IRC XMPP

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 digitalFatteh

digitalFatteh

• 11 posts
  • LocationQuebec, CANADA Eh !

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

Thought I'd stick up a thread to help those who may use other clients to enter the RSI RomantiCorp chat channel rather than the web based feature.

The following is for Mozilla Thunderbird:

You will need the following information which can be found, once logged into the RSI website, under:

• MY RSI > SETTINGS > OVERVIEW .

Scroll down the screen until you see:

post-695-0-59083500-1390435636.jpg

The Chat XMPP info token is your password to the server.  do not give this out. 

Selecting the [?] will take you to the "how to setup your xmpp Client" page.

post-695-0-35732000-1390435865.jpg

From here you will see the required information to setup the Thunderbird client.

The MOZILLA bit:

post-695-0-22733800-1390435911.jpg

From the menu bar up top select:

• Tools > At the bottom of the list select "Account Actions" > then select "Add Chat Account..."

post-695-0-15800000-1390435912.jpg

This will open a window like above.  Select XMPP.

post-695-0-11630800-1390436298.jpg

You will be prompted with a couple of windows for Username & Password:

• The username is handle@robertsspaceindustires.com (You must swap out handle for the one you chose for the website. NOT your website login)
  • The password is the Chat token you have in XMPP Token under settings.  If you renew this token you will need to change it in the client as well.

post-695-0-59771400-1390435912.jpg

Advanced options the only thing required is the Server which is found under [+] XMPP Options and the address is xmpp.robertsspaceindustries.com

Hopefully you should now be connected and have a tab with 'Chat' within the mozilla thunderbird client.  If not select from the client Go > Chat (Control + Shift + I).

Although the screen will be blank as you currently have no channels joined.  The two main channels for RSI are general & backers.  However you probably want to get into the Romanticorp chat room.  The same method applies for all when setting up a channel to join.

Select Join Chat in the client and the following window should appear:

post-695-0-00590300-1390435913.jpg

• Room: watr
  • Server: channels.robertsspaceindustries.com
  • Nick: Handle (use your game handle not the website login)
  • Password: [Leave Blank]

Hit the auto-join this Chat Room and you should appear in the chat channel with all your fellow Romantics wesHeart .

If you want you will need to follow the join chat for 'general' and 'backers' channels if you so desire.

Hope you find this useful and saves a little hassle if you plan on using Thunderbird and not technical minded.

Attached Files

Eternals I hear your call gladly, Dictate swift winged words. & fear not, To unfold your dark visions of torment.

Steam: digitalFatteh  |  EA/Origin: digitalFatteh  |  UPlay: digitalFatteh  |  Blizzard: Fatteh#2560 | PS4: digitalFatteh

#2 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:47 AM

Oh that's awesome. Gonna check this out when I have time this week.

#3 pyso_

pyso_

Advanced Member

• 157 posts
  • LocationTrondheim, Norway

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:35 AM

That might be useful, excellent little guide there digital wesHeart

#4 Mikcoon

Mikcoon

Advanced Member

• 69 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:03 AM

Just a note, there are 2 S's  Robertsspaceindustries.com. Fumbled around with that for hours.

Somone said "Internet spaceships are more important than life and death to you" and I said "Listen, its more important than that"

#5 digitalFatteh

digitalFatteh

• 11 posts
  • LocationQuebec, CANADA Eh !

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:45 AM

Just a note, there are 2 S's  Robertsspaceindustries.com. Fumbled around with that for hours.

Thanks for spotting that.  updated.

Eternals I hear your call gladly, Dictate swift winged words. & fear not, To unfold your dark visions of torment.

Steam: digitalFatteh  |  EA/Origin: digitalFatteh  |  UPlay: digitalFatteh  |  Blizzard: Fatteh#2560 | PS4: digitalFatteh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users