• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Hi, I'm Ralaigon

Ralaigon Introduction Lukas

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ralaigon

Ralaigon

• 15 posts
  • LocationRheinland-Pfalz, Germany

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:16 AM

Hello Romantics, Hull Truth-watchers and visitors,

I'm Ralaigon, also knwon as Drachinator or IRL Lukas.

I'm 18 years old and at the moment in the hot phase of my A-levels. After them I'll have lots of time for playing video games before I study Aerodynamical- and Spaceinformatics in Würzburg, Germany (eventough I can't really claim to have less free-time when I do so).

I have been watching YouTube-videos and Twitch-streams for a long time now, but I was always disturbed by the rude behavior that seemed to be normal on the net, so I stopped commenting or chatting almost completely.

One day I found out about this great new game on Kickstarter called Star Citizen. I was directly caught by this amazing game and planned on spending all of my little pocket money on it. But the big problem was convincing my father since I was under 18 at that time and didn't have any means of converting real money into digital bucks. So I couldn't become a backer from day one :(

But I turned 18 and got the game few months after my birthday (stupid bank took ages to unlock my card).

As I searched for videos about the ships I didn't own, I found this awesome channel called WearetheRomantics. There was a video of all ships out on the day the Hangar module lauched. Unfortunately I missed the stream, because I was so amazed of the game that I had looked at my tiny Aurora for hours. But when I watched the recording I wondered why Wes was talking to himself. Until I realised that he was replying to the chat. I instantly pressed the follow-button as I have never had a Letsplayer that cared for his community and not for the money.

So that's how I became aware of this awesome community and a weekly Hull-truth watcher and participant in every Star citizen event of the Romantics. As some of you might know I also started chatting and commeting a lot again.

I play a lot of Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft and some Battlefield (even though I'm pquite bad at it)

So... that's pretty much it. If you made it this far you should really consider a jod or a hobby as you seem to have too much free time. No, just kidding. It's nice to meet you all and see you in the verse.

#2 Nahku

Nahku

Advanced Member

• 303 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:46 AM

Hey Ralaigon, welcome to the community!  wesHeart

It's great to have some more KSP fans in the group. :D

#3 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

Hey it's great to hear your story. I love hearing how people found The Romantics :D

Welcome to the fold Ralaigon. It's great to have you here.

#4 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:26 PM

Well met Ralaigon! Thanks for sharing, it's quite a story. I joined for the similar reasons and it's only getting better here, can't wait until we all actually start flying together. 2015 can't come soon enough  :)

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#5 pyso_

pyso_

Advanced Member

• 157 posts
  • LocationTrondheim, Norway

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

Hey Ralaigon, welcome to the forums and to the greatest community out there on the whole of the interwebs! wesHeart

I bought Kerbal a few days ago after watching Nahku here stream it for a while and I've already killed at least 10 Kerbals!

#6 ThatAverageGuyMike

ThatAverageGuyMike

Advanced Member

• 35 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

Welcome to the Romantics Ralaigon! Good luck during your A-levels.

#7 Jhay2727

Jhay2727

Advanced Member

• 81 posts
  • LocationSarasota, FL

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

Welcome to The Romantics! wesHeart

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ralaigon, Introduction, Lukas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users