• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Angelina Jolie - Scary in this new movie "Maleficent"

maleficent angelina jolie wikkus

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:22 AM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1587310/

Wow. I think it looks pretty interesting. I am NOT a fan of Jolie but she seems to fit this part pretty well. I also noticed that Sharlto Copley, who I love, is in the film. Not sure how big his role is. You might remember him as Wikkus from District 9 or Kruger from Elysium.

The CGI in the trailer was passable. I like the idea of these old Fables being redone and seeing new spins on them. I've always loved, for example, the many different versions of King Arthur, Merlin and the Knights of the Round Table.

Thoughts?

#2 ROBOcaster

ROBOcaster

Advanced Member

• 80 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:11 AM

If it ends up being a more adult telling of the tale similar the Snow White and Huntsman I think it will do well. While Snow White and the Huntsman didn't do that well but it wasn't done by Disney either (I still really enjoyed it). Disney has done really well with the Narnia series. I have high hopes and will see it like I see all movies. But I still wish they had cast Charlize Theron to play Maleficent. I love that woman when shes a villain... and even when shes not.

And God said:

"Let there be Airborne!" Saint Michael snapped to attention, and the heavens let out with a loud and thunderous ALL THE WAY!

#3 Nahku

Nahku

Advanced Member

• 303 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

Will probably wait for the rental on this one, but sign me up, looks good.

#4 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:18 AM

Yeah there's no way I'll see this in the theater. Just thought the trailer looked interesting :D

#5 thatoldlimey

thatoldlimey

Advanced Member

• 66 posts
  • LocationWorcester, MA

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:13 PM

My wife is all over this one, so I'll probably end up being the dutiful husband and take her to cinema to see this one. 

twitter - thatoldlimey - steam - twitternick - raptr - thatoldlimey - psn - kionee - xbox - thatoldlimey - flickr - kionee

Blizzard - Thatoldlimey#1530

#6 siralexlaw

siralexlaw

Advanced Member

• 48 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

Sleeping Beauty was one of the first animations I remember watching when I was little. So I'm all over this movie. The 2nd trailer with "once upon a dream" playing gave me goosebumps. Movie truly scared me senseless at a young age.

#7 daedalus212

daedalus212

Advanced Member

• 129 posts
  • Locationcanada, ontario

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:19 AM

wait people still rent movies? lol jk. i haven't rented a movie in like a good 5 to 6 years now. i don't even remember the last time i went out and bought a dvd... wait i do remember, i bought all the seasons to stargate universe a couple years back lol

"Never underestimate teamwork, It gives the enemy something else to shoot at" -(Murphy's law of war) ///// "I would give you sloppy, nutty kisses." -SQIRL 2015 /////  "It's just big, Just too big for my hands." -SQiRL 2015 /////
my links (twitter) (steam)

#8 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

wait people still rent movies? lol jk. i haven't rented a movie in like a good 5 to 6 years now. i don't even remember the last time i went out and bought a dvd... wait i do remember, i bought all the seasons to stargate universe a couple years back lol

Redbox for 1.50! I typically just buy MOST of the movies I watch. That's wasteful though considering I don't like some of them after I've seen them so I'll probably be changing my habits soon. (Baby on the way has me thinking about being safer with my finances!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users