• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Winter Olympics

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MinosN

MinosN

• 8 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

While the opening ceremonies are not till tomorrow (Friday) night, there are some events that start tonight (snowboarding, freestyle skiing...). I was wondering if anybody enjoys watching the winter Olympics? While I have never participated in winter sports myself (Cali boy born and raised) I enjoy watching competitions and the Olympics suck me in every time they are on, be it Winter or Summer. 

If you do watch the Olympics do you do so because you enjoy the sports themselves, the competition or the nationalism of the competing athletes?

#2 pyso_

pyso_

Advanced Member

• 157 posts
  • LocationTrondheim, Norway

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

I watch it 'cause we win a bunch! :P

Nah, honestly I just enjoy watching winter sports. It's a big part of growing up in Norway of course, what with us being snowed down half of the year or so. We have also had some really good athletes over the years and these do of course pull a crowd. I still remember a few events live during the 94 winter Olympics in Lillehammer, I was just 8 years old at the time but it was really something special.

#3 MinosN

MinosN

• 8 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

I remember a lil of watching the 92 winter Olympics (was only 12), I am jealous that you got to go to them. Going to an Olympics is on my bucket list, I find going to different sporting events fun. I went to some bull fights down in Mexico and it was one of the most interesting events I have ever seen live. From where we sat, when the bull charged you could feel the stands shaking.

#4 thatoldlimey

thatoldlimey

Advanced Member

• 66 posts
  • LocationWorcester, MA

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

I enjoy the olympics, summer moreso than winter but there are some cool events. I mostly enjoy the skiing, snowboarding and jumping. The last summer games took place in my home country, the UK, and I was very proud of how they did in the medal totals and how they did as a host country. My wife and I are planning to save up and goto the Tokyo games in 2020.

twitter - thatoldlimey - steam - twitternick - raptr - thatoldlimey - psn - kionee - xbox - thatoldlimey - flickr - kionee

Blizzard - Thatoldlimey#1530

#5 Aritani

Aritani

Advanced Member

• 38 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:20 PM

I love the olympics also. Very fun to watch people compete on such a high level. I'm excited for Australia this year, we have quite a large team to what we usually have, so it should be interesting. 

Even though i don't do winter sports, mainly because there is only a few places in australia you can go to do them and they usually cost quite a bit, i do love to watch them. Ice Hockey looks legit fun.

hv737pE.jpg

#6 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:08 AM

My favorite Olympic sport to watch has always been gymnastics :D

#7 Aritani

Aritani

Advanced Member

• 38 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:34 AM

Not Synchronised Swimming?

hv737pE.jpg

#8 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:03 AM

Put a shark in that pool with those swimmers and then I'll watch it.

#9 DekkoCards

DekkoCards

Administrator

• 285 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:04 AM

Never really been a big fan of the Olympics in general, but I'll try and catch certain events. Today I decided to watch the USA vs. Russia hockey game.

#10 Wordian

Wordian

• 23 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:51 PM

The USA - Russia hockey game was good and ended first in the 8th shootout!

I watch and listen to certain events at the Olympics but there is so much I do not care about.

Sweden is doing ok this time.

#11 LOOPYDOG

LOOPYDOG

Advanced Member

• 135 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:03 AM

Canada gold in hockey men's and women's. :) good games :)

#12 Aritani

Aritani

Advanced Member

• 38 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:53 PM

As long as Canada wins the hockey medals all is right with the world. 

hv737pE.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users