• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Star Citizen fan fiction

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ecator

ecator

Advanced Member

• 61 posts
  • LocationGreenville SC

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:41 PM

Just wondering if anyone here has wrote and fan fiction. I saw that there are some guides on the SC site for reference and what not and also the guy that puts out the jump point each month takes submissions for consideration. I am debating on writing a short story that takes place in the universe that I think might be pretty good. I roughed out the characters and plot and am just waiting on a good amount of extra free time and some insparation to give it a go and see how it turns out. Thought I would check to see if anyone else has written anything.

#2 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

I think Sqirl wrote a little in a blog here on the site. Other than that, I love writing and have done a fair amount of fiction in the past but just don't have the time these days. There's a lot of study involved with writing in someone else's universe too and I would never get it done :D

I love to read it though!

#3 pyso_

pyso_

Advanced Member

• 157 posts
  • LocationTrondheim, Norway

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:01 AM

Writing fan fiction is though, 'cause you just know people will search through your product and point out any little tiny error they can find. A good friend of mine wanted to write some Star Wars fan fiction once and he wanted it all to be 100% correct, so for every detail he triple-checked it on wiki sites. He was obsessed with the damn thing, but I think he gave up before he even finished all his character backgrounds, just got too complicated :P 

#4 ecator

ecator

Advanced Member

• 61 posts
  • LocationGreenville SC

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:22 PM

Yeah luckily Star citizen isn't quite as established as star wars is, at least not yet. I think I can write something that is just general enough to get the point across without getting to fine tune detail oriented. I got a few more things to look up and I think I will try for a first draft.

#5 Alysianah

Alysianah

Advanced Member

• 61 posts
  • LocationAugusta, GA

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:15 PM

I want to do some for SC which is inspired me to record the Writer's Guide.  There's a lot of information even for a new IP that I wanted to be able to casually listen to the episodes as much as I needed to while doing other things.

#6 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

Screw it, just do Fan Fiction for your own character's back story for all the antics they did before the game timeline starts!

PSN: MrLuchador
Steam: MrLuchador
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Mrluchador
XBL: LuckyMrLuchador

#7 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

I want to do some for SC which is inspired me to record the Writer's Guide.  There's a lot of information even for a new IP that I wanted to be able to casually listen to the episodes as much as I needed to while doing other things.

Yeah Star Citizen actually already has a fleshed out writer's guide. If you want to write in the fiction of the world of Star Citizen you should listen to Alysianah's writer's guide thing. It's awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users