• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

New Laptop Market

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 siralexlaw

siralexlaw

Advanced Member

• 48 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

Moanin, 

With the laptop market being so diverse I'm needing a little bit of help/information in regards to a laptop replacement for a 5-6 year old Asus RoG g72x and came across the Fangbook HX7-200, Now I've noticed several threads, one including ibuypower/cyberpower and how they can be hit or miss but customer support is actually decent. With that being said. Does anyone have any thoughts on the below laptop. I'm running away with just under 1500 for this thing and I'm wondering for the price and the brand am I walking away with a good deal. Buying directly from the vendor allows me to pick and choose what goes into it as opposed to going on amazon and getting a pre-built machine.

Biggest draws:

Customization

Direct vendor support

Price

Biggest concerns:

Lack of reviews on the net

2-3 week prep time before shipping.

Price

Outside of the stock build the following changes are being made to adjust the price just under 1500.

Upgrade ram to Kingston HyperX series - remaining 16gb

Upgrade second HDD from 5400 rpm to 7200 rpm. Primary HDD remains an SSD.

Highlights:

Processor: 4700mq

Ram: 16gb HyperX

HDD: 128 SSD + 1TB 7200 HDD

http://www.cyberpowe...aming_Notebook/

Edit::::::

Found http://www.newegg.co...N82E16834198037 for 1300

Differences: 250gb less HDD no SSD and memory is not specific on what type it has.

OPINIONS ARE WELCOME!

#2 Kylon Kostaja

Kylon Kostaja

Advanced Member

• 30 posts
  • LocationUSA Michigan

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

The parts look solid but I've always had a hard time with the gaming laptop idea. I've always gone with a more powerful desktop and just use the laptop for smaller things. That being said this one looks like a decent enough machine, but it looks like people complain about the touchpad no being responsive enough and the keyboard being craped inspite of the extra space around the edges. Looks like on Newegg one person thinks the blue lights on the screen a too bright and bothered them.

I've never worked with Cyberpower before so I honestly know nothing about their customer service. I tend to go with companies I know I can count on to hold up on their RMA's, but I see no glaring issues with this one. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users