• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

A legitimate concern

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chamrajnagar

Chamrajnagar

Advanced Member

• 60 posts
  • LocationMaryland, US

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

So last night I booted up Pearl's Playground to fiddle around and see what he unlocked (Thanks, AnythingFPS for setting things like this up!). After about 10 minutes of wandering around and trying out the different things I was THOROUGHLY motion sick. I've been playing video games for 20 years and I haven't ever felt that motion sick so fast. I had to go lay down for about half an hour before I started to even feel remotely better. 

This worries me because SC is pushing the first person style for 'immersion' and it may just be too much. I would be highly upset if I had to take a motrin to even remotely be able to play a game -.-

Has anyone else had this feeling when using the hangar module?

Chamrajnagar / XDMysticFlare

#2 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

Keep in mind that you'll be able to change graphics options in the future, which means being able to turn off bloom, motion blur and such effects which contribute to your motion sickness. Dunno what else could be the cause if you're usually fine in other FPS games, I haven't had the chance to try out hangar yet.

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#3 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:43 AM

It's mostly the motion blur but also the weird way the camera swings around. They've talked about how MOST of that will change. I wouldn't worry about it yet. The hangar is NOT the final FPS iteration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users