• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Bots - Moo, Night, etc

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:34 AM

Howdy Folks,

I need some advice on the bots you can use on twitch, basically which is which and what is best! 

PSN: MrLuchador
Steam: MrLuchador
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Mrluchador
XBL: LuckyMrLuchador

#2 Celemourn

Celemourn

• 8 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:43 AM

I'm partial to Nightbot. Moobot has a limited number of custom user commands, whereas I think it's unlimited with nightbot.  This is useful for stuff like !tweet etc.

#3 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:11 PM

OK, so you can set them up to post once an hour to TheRomanticsTeam and another for the forum?

PSN: MrLuchador
Steam: MrLuchador
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Mrluchador
XBL: LuckyMrLuchador

#4 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

Moobot all the way or get a custom bot. There are a lot of free/cheap ones.

Nightbot has a shady developer who's done a LOT of questionable things in the past and I refuse to use his stuff.

Moobot  has PLENTY of commands for the free version unless you have a serious network of things to be posting.

#5 I_D_I_O_T

I_D_I_O_T

Admin

• 51 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:45 PM

Moobot would be the choice i would suggest too.  Webgui is very easy to use. twitch.moobot.tv , i know Night has stepped up the quality of Nightbot and it has it's own webgui,  but as wes said Night is a very shady person,  it seems every few weeks something goes wrong with BetterTwitchTV(he develops this too).  Plus with the experience i've had with Nightbot in the past has totally put me off from using it in the future and will not recommend it to anyone.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin

#6 Palaciouss

Palaciouss

Advanced Member

• 55 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:13 AM

Moobot is the simplest I've found, and since i only stream short casts and not regularly, it's just a lot easier for me to use

#7 rayman86

rayman86

Advanced Member

• 44 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

I been wondering this myself.  Have been contemplating making my own bot too.

#8 TheMiningMinor

TheMiningMinor

• 8 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Upon Tyne, UK

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:01 PM

I'm currently using a combination of Nightbot, and a self-coded custom bot. I only really use Nightbot for spam protection, while my bot takes care of the rest. I personally used to use Moobot, but tried out Nightbot for a while and stuck with it. 

#9 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• 203 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:00 AM

ive never had any issues with nightbot and actually found it way easier to use vs moobot when i first started looking into them.

Moobot apparently has gotten a lot easier of late so now it seems about the same level of tools/options to configure it seems.

I dont know any of what wes is talking about with the nightbot guy but nothing ive seen has led me to believe hes doing something shady.... but wes may have a bigger picture from before i joined twitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users