• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Community Q&A Thread for use in Hull Truth Episodes

hull truth star citizen

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 SolidSnakedk

SolidSnakedk

• 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:35 PM

Are you worried that the team behind Star Citizen might be stretching the universe too much? like they'll try and put too much into the game or do you think they'll be able too fix these little things over time while it's running?

#22 ello

ello

• 19 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:53 AM

Hey Hey, do you think there will be a transition between flying a ship and docking for an FPS-fight (like loading screen or some delay)? becouse if you are useing a joystick-setup you might need to clear it fast to go maybe to a xbox/playstationcontroller or mouse/keyboard  setup. Your thoughts?

#23 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:32 AM

Hey Hey, do you think there will be a transition between flying a ship and docking for an FPS-fight (like loading screen or some delay)? becouse if you are useing a joystick-setup you might need to clear it fast to go maybe to a xbox/playstationcontroller or mouse/keyboard  setup. Your thoughts?

Sorry to hijack but I think I can (at least partially) answer this one - it has been said by the devs that some time will be required before boarding a vessel - the attackers will have to cut through the hull/airlock before engaging. And don't forget that they have to disable all your engines before boarding so you'll have no need of a joystick/HOTAS anyway - you can freely switch to keyboard+mouse beforehand and prepare for a fight.

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#24 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

I think MOST folks that are used to sims and HOTAS setups typically still have everything set in such a fashion that you can just reach to your KB/M instantly anyway. The controls are so complex in most sim games that you typically still need your keyboard as well for other hotkeys.

I'm hoping that the game's keybinds layout will facilitate having KB/M setup simultaneously with a HOTAS/Pedals and they won't interfere with each other so you can just switch back and forth on the fly. Can you imagine trying to fight an FPS battle with your pedals and joystick? lol. Using the joystick axis to aim and the throttle to move forwards and backwards Kappa  Terrifying.

#25 Darkphazon0260

Darkphazon0260

• 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:29 PM

I want to know what You think of each of the different gunships the teams are working on and hear a critique for each.

#26 ello

ello

• 19 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:19 AM

*Next Question* Kappa. Is it possible to go bankrupt in the game? 

#27 Abernaught

Abernaught

• 22 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:27 AM

Hey Wes, what is your opinion on the benefit or drawback of using alien technology? For example, using a Banu Merchant ship vs. a Starfarer or Caterpillar 

"Any man who could perform such a feat, I wo'd na dare disappoint. She'll launch on time. And she'll be ready." -- Scotty

#28 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:54 PM

I guess I have a question too, something that has been on my mind recently. Not something that can really be answered but I'm interested in your opinion on the subject. Do you think ships in SC should be more difficult to maneuver compared to what is shown in demos so far? I mean, it seems like the Hornet can go from max speed to full stop in a matter of seconds (and vice versa). Should ships have a smaller acceleration and deceleration so it's vital in dogfights to keep up your speed at all times (so you can evade missiles and are harder to hit)? 

The reason I'm asking this - I've been playing War Thunder and one important aspect in that game is keeping up your velocity and combining that with altitude to outmaneuver the opponent. You also have to be careful so someone doesn't get on your tail because then you're screwed. In SC none of these things will be required since it's not atmospheric flight, and you don't have to keep track of general positioning since you can always do a 180 spin and (practically) instantly change the direction of movement. So, what else is there to force players to keep moving instead of just rotating around the enemy?

edit: Saw this got a bit too big after I stopped writing. A TL;DR: Inertia? How much effect should it have on dogfighting gameplay?

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#29 OctainX

OctainX

Advanced Member

• 30 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

WES Big news! Cloud Imperium Games, Star Citizen has a new member as of today. Diablo 3 Lead Producer, Alex Mayberry recently left Blizzard Entertainment and has assumed the new position of Executive Producer for Star Citizen.

-

Question: How big of a catch is he for star citizen?

-

https://twitter.com/Alex_Mayberry/status/465884645578375168

#30 ello

ello

• 19 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:47 AM

I was wondering after seeing the new hull truth. If i were correct there weren't supposed to be any 3rd person view. Am I wrong?

#31 WildCard

WildCard

Advanced Member

• 124 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:58 AM

At least it wont be "Windows driven"......"are you sure you wish to turn left to avoid a missile strike?" click OK...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hull truth, star citizen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users