• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Hello from SoCal!

SoCal Star Citizen Meet-Ups

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 SquadWipe

SquadWipe

Advanced Member

• 44 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

Hello from Sunny Southern California my fellow Citizens!

Anyone else on here from SoCal ? I have a really cool 1000 Sq. Ft. office that is used for Gaming ONLY. No girls allowed ! LOL

Anyway, just saying hi and will be online here more and more. I am actually part (and co-founder) of a Gaming Community that is getting ready for Star Citizen. We are working on some Top Secret stuff that will make my life pretty damn cool. Can. Not. Wait.

Here is a pic I took yesterday from my Battlestation at the office.

PLF2yNE.jpg

Here are the specs:
Intel i7-4960x
EVGA X79 Dark
EVGA ACX Titans, (4-Way) SLI, Modded BIOS
EVGA NEX1500 PSU
Corsair 900D
Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB
Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400MHz (8X8GB)
Corsair H105
Corsair AX1500i (Just got them in have not played with it)
Corsair K70
Corsair M65
Corsair 2100
BenQ XL2420Z

#2 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:40 PM

Welcome to the forums man. That's a beast of a setup for sure! Definitely beats my bedroom office/studio combination :D

#3 Alysianah

Alysianah

Advanced Member

• 61 posts
  • LocationAugusta, GA

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:47 PM

Hello and welcome!  Stop making me drool.  I'd love a new rig but splurged for Guild Wars 2 so doing that again for SC is not in the cards.  I might do a few upgrades but want to see how it runs in beta first.

Don't feel bad Wes.  I'm in the same situation.  One too many children back home with the lagging economy.  My office and gaming room is back to being a bedroom.  *sigh*  But I can go you one better.  My bedroom is office, gaming  AND crafting room for my online and brick-n-mortar store so yeah.  It's a SQUEEEEZE!

#4 SquadWipe

SquadWipe

Advanced Member

• 44 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

Welcome to the forums man. That's a beast of a setup for sure! Definitely beats my bedroom office/studio combination :D

Why thank you sir. Thank you very much. Also, if NDA was not an issue I could show you what we have on the benches  ;) Also, I think I might be able to help you. Got tons of parts laying around just waiting for good homes and such but we shall talk about that at a later date.

Hello and welcome!  Stop making me drool.  I'd love a new rig but splurged for Guild Wars 2 so doing that again for SC is not in the cards.  I might do a few upgrades but want to see how it runs in beta first.

Don't feel bad Wes.  I'm in the same situation.  One too many children back home with the lagging economy.  My office and gaming room is back to being a bedroom.  *sigh*  But I can go you one better.  My bedroom is office, gaming  AND crafting room for my online and brick-n-mortar store so yeah.  It's a SQUEEEEZE!

Thank you! And I guess it is good we can't show you what I am running some benchmarks on as we speak  :P Please do tell, more about your online/retail store. Small business owner and operator right here. I am actually one of the loudest and most active small business proponent here in my town. Very active in the community and chamber of commerce. The American small business is the back bone of this great country, no doubt about it. And to be honest, with the era that we are living in we are poised for a resurgence of the Small Businessmen and women everwhere. Mark my words. 

But thanks again guys. Oh, as I have a lot of personal and work experience with Gaming and Enthusiasts Computers, feel free to ask if you guys ever need any advice.

Best,

Squad

#5 SquadWipe

SquadWipe

Advanced Member

• 44 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:01 PM

Here's an oldie but a goodie, the only one I have on this PC.

These were two of the first 20 Titan's in the US  B) 

JxDnqZc.jpg

#6 SquadWipe

SquadWipe

Advanced Member

• 44 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:54 AM

E9CGvw0.jpg

zfwyIqi.jpg

4rjoBUA.jpg

jEniLFp.jpg

Ugetx1x.jpg

A few more from our little HQ. #jellymch #gamingisnotagame #gamehard #epicstuffcomingsoon

I am serious about us offering our vast and almost unrivaled experience in this industry to you guys. Feel free to spam us with Tech Advice Questions, ask us anything you want !

And before you even ask, yes we are interested in doing some giveaways. 

Stay tuned!

#7 Alysianah

Alysianah

Advanced Member

• 61 posts
  • LocationAugusta, GA

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

Why thank you sir. Thank you very much. Also, if NDA was not an issue I could show you what we have on the benches  ;) Also, I think I might be able to help you. Got tons of parts laying around just waiting for good homes and such but we shall talk about that at a later date.

Thank you! And I guess it is good we can't show you what I am running some benchmarks on as we speak  :P Please do tell, more about your online/retail store. Small business owner and operator right here. I am actually one of the loudest and most active small business proponent here in my town. Very active in the community and chamber of commerce. The American small business is the back bone of this great country, no doubt about it. And to be honest, with the era that we are living in we are poised for a resurgence of the Small Businessmen and women everwhere. Mark my words. 

But thanks again guys. Oh, as I have a lot of personal and work experience with Gaming and Enthusiasts Computers, feel free to ask if you guys ever need any advice.

Best,

Squad

As a hobby, I design and create handmade jewelry and gamer geek items - along with thousands of others these days.  :-/  But I enjoy it and it pays for itself and the supplies I use to create items for myself, family and friends.  I also own and operate a high end children's  consignment store.  We're the last man standing as of this month, the others having closed in the past year.  

We keep a very active Facebook page which has helped tremendously.  The best part of it however, what I enjoy the most, is that I incorporated art classes for children  ages 4 to 12 which has been a huge hit.  We're thinking of adding a summer program this year, if we can work out the space needed in time.  My daughter manages the front of the store - sales, consignors, sales floor, etc.  I have a day job in technology but work from "home" so some days I work out of the store office and I do the marketing, promotions, bookkeeping and everything related the to art classes and the art kits, we now create and sell.  It's busy, busy and more busy.  I don't game as much as I used to but will be playing SC for sure!!

#8 SquadWipe

SquadWipe

Advanced Member

• 44 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

As a hobby, I design and create handmade jewelry and gamer geek items - along with thousands of others these days.  :-/  But I enjoy it and it pays for itself and the supplies I use to create items for myself, family and friends.  I also own and operate a high end children's  consignment store.  We're the last man standing as of this month, the others having closed in the past year.  

We keep a very active Facebook page which has helped tremendously.  The best part of it however, what I enjoy the most, is that I incorporated art classes for children  ages 4 to 12 which has been a huge hit.  We're thinking of adding a summer program this year, if we can work out the space needed in time.  My daughter manages the front of the store - sales, consignors, sales floor, etc.  I have a day job in technology but work from "home" so some days I work out of the store office and I do the marketing, promotions, bookkeeping and everything related the to art classes and the art kits, we now create and sell.  It's busy, busy and more busy.  I don't game as much as I used to but will be playing SC for sure!!

That is awesome. I just took my little cousin to a place we have back home in Oregon where you can bring children, and sculpt your own pieces, kiln them, come back, paint them, then come back and pick them up. It was so awesome and I wish I had that when I was growing up, though my parents were very crafty. We actually design, make, and sell custom Guillie Suits for airsofters and such. 

FNN5RRMFJNELQY9.MEDIUM.jpg

But yeah, busy busy busy is the key to success for sure! And surrounding yourself with successful, positive people of course.

#9 SquadWipe

SquadWipe

Advanced Member

• 44 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

Oh hey so here is one you guys will like.

This is what I personally have invested in Star Citizen, plus we about this much through other channels invested  :D

1lMC7mN.jpg
QhiU747.jpg

Just in case you guys couldn't tell how serious we are about this Star Citizen thing -and yeah we are a little crazy. We like to blame the insane amounts of Sunshine we get here in SoCal, the residual Radiation from all the Nuclear Power Plants, and of course the Smog. Not to mention driving in SoCal is about as stressful as it gets so I am pretty sure that has some effect on our sanity over time. LOL

And here is where some of that went:
H6ETnIe.jpg

#10 SquadWipe

SquadWipe

Advanced Member

• 44 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

vo7G5qJ.jpg

Testing some hardware out on the bench.

l8AeGV5.jpg

Then went outside to shoot hoops!

#11 milksgonebadd

milksgonebadd

Advanced Member

• 117 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:17 PM

T29Te3Y.jpg

Dat hardware!

#12 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

Color me impressed, very nice! 

Well met and welcome to the community!  ;)

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SoCal, Star Citizen, Meet-Ups

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users