• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Unofficial Fleet Size

WatR Fleet Star Citizen ROMANTICORP

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 milksgonebadd

milksgonebadd

Advanced Member

• 117 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

ckMvniY.jpg

This is ROMANTICORP's unofficial fleet size!

This is an early rough draft of what our fleet will look like. There are over 200 Auroras that represent the people who haven't added their ship(s) to the unofficial spreed sheet (please add your ships to this spreed sheet), the fleet size will fluctuate but this is roughly what our fleet's size will look like... for now wesHeart

#2 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• 203 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

you know what really shocks me about this is the lack of cargo vessels.  I would have thought there would be more Starfarers, merchantment and Catapillers.

#3 Erivel

Erivel

Advanced Member

• 104 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:00 PM

There is a difference between cargo and heavy cargo... personally i think this is fine.  We can make do with whatever people want.

#4 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• 203 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:02 PM

I am not saying there is anything wrong with this.  Merely stating that the buzz over the starfarer and merchantmans at the time was pretty high.  Surprising to see our org doesn't have very many.

My starfarer, catapiller, and merchantman will of course be on loan for the org to use of course :)

#5 Erivel

Erivel

Advanced Member

• 104 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:05 PM

I am not saying there is anything wrong with this.  Merely stating that the buzz over the starfarer and merchantmans at the time was pretty high.  Surprising to see our org doesn't have very many.

My starfarer, catapiller, and merchantman will of course be on loan for the org to use of course :)

Personally, I own a 'Tali and a Starfarer (LTI FTW).  I wouldn't be averse to more, but daddy needs a new HOTAS.

#6 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• 203 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

yea, cant wait to see our entire supply fleet convoy.  that would be awesome.

#7 milksgonebadd

milksgonebadd

Advanced Member

• 117 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:16 PM

Keep in mind that there could be 200 other ships instead of Auroras. But pure logistical ships does feel lacking, hopefully the new Misc ships fill that void in our Org.

#8 Sinkatze

Sinkatze

• 8 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:37 AM

There's my Avenger right there! :D

Awesome sheet, thanks!

#9 SquadWipe

SquadWipe

Advanced Member

• 44 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:13 AM

1lMC7mN.jpg

QhiU747.jpg

This is what us San Diego guys have invested in this game. Of course half of it went to PC's but #workhard #playharder and whatever ships and assets we have are yours. Mi ships, su ships amigos.

We are down for whatever you guys need. Just tell us what do do, we will do it. So excited for this. Please, feel free to reach out to us. We all spend a vast majority of our time in our office that is soley used for our Gaming Endeavors. It is pretty much our Star Citizen man cave. Worth every dollar of the $2000 lease. It will be our IRL Strategic Command Center and SC Ops Center. If any of you guys are in SoCal feel free to come down and hangout. We have been discussing Fleet Management and Strategy, pouring over data, drawing out plans and diagrams, and basically just nerding the hell out.

Once we figure out what what exactly we are getting with our packages, and once we get a confirmed monthly budget worked out, we will start asking you guys for advice and such. 

But what does the fleet need more of ? 

#10 Erivel

Erivel

Advanced Member

• 104 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:38 AM

1lMC7mN.jpg

QhiU747.jpg

This is what us San Diego guys have invested in this game. Of course half of it went to PC's but #workhard #playharder and whatever ships and assets we have are yours. Mi ships, su ships amigos.

We are down for whatever you guys need. Just tell us what do do, we will do it. So excited for this. Please, feel free to reach out to us. We all spend a vast majority of our time in our office that is soley used for our Gaming Endeavors. It is pretty much our Star Citizen man cave. Worth every dollar of the $2000 lease. It will be our IRL Strategic Command Center and SC Ops Center. If any of you guys are in SoCal feel free to come down and hangout. We have been discussing Fleet Management and Strategy, pouring over data, drawing out plans and diagrams, and basically just nerding the hell out.

Once we figure out what what exactly we are getting with our packages, and once we get a confirmed monthly budget worked out, we will start asking you guys for advice and such. 

...why is this not its own thread?

#11 Alysianah

Alysianah

Advanced Member

• 61 posts
  • LocationAugusta, GA

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:34 AM

you know what really shocks me about this is the lack of cargo vessels.  I would have thought there would be more Starfarers, merchantment and Catapillers.

People might be waiting until release for the bigger ships? To see how it pans out with travel and the level of safety.  In EVE I have a T2 transport ship that barely sees the light of day.  The cost of losing it is too high and insurance doesn't begin to cover it.  Before deciding if I want to go that route in SC, I need to see how the combat and PVP mechanics play out.  Others might be in a similar mindset.

#12 MobyDick

MobyDick

• 15 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

...why is this not its own thread?

I think he's just trying to engage the community you know?

#13 Sinkatze

Sinkatze

• 8 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

[Removed media from quote to save space]

Is this like a pick a card any card gem? If so I need 3 for a new CPU lol.
That's crazy how your setting a real life command center, it will be an amazing addition to the game and Organization. Being in the bridge of an Idris there will feel so immersive!

Great job guys!

#14 Erivel

Erivel

Advanced Member

• 104 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:56 PM

I think he's just trying to engage the community you know?

Yeah, dont get me wrong, i think this is awesome!  

#15 ErsahMajor

ErsahMajor

• 1 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Fl. (USA)

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

Big Pimp'n spending G's.. :D I think I can see my Avanger and 325a in there.. lol.. lost in the mix!

Be strong when you are weak. Be brave when you are scared.

Be humble when you are victorious. BE BADASS EVERYDAY!

#16 MrLuchador

MrLuchador

Advanced Member

• 126 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:06 PM

Wait.. there are cargo ships in this?! Eurotrucker Space Simulator 2114!

PSN: MrLuchador
Steam: MrLuchador
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Mrluchador
XBL: LuckyMrLuchador

#17 Kylon Kostaja

Kylon Kostaja

Advanced Member

• 30 posts
  • LocationUSA Michigan

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:30 PM

Nice to see a graphic representation of the ships in the game. I've put more money into the mix than I care too already so I think a cargo ship is something that will be earned through playing the game. Probably a Freelancer first then work up from there. My reasoning was basically if I were to buy something for the small LTI perk it was going to be something I expected to die in. 

#18 Alysianah

Alysianah

Advanced Member

• 61 posts
  • LocationAugusta, GA

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:53 PM

Nice to see a graphic representation of the ships in the game. I've put more money into the mix than I care too already so I think a cargo ship is something that will be earned through playing the game. Probably a Freelancer first then work up from there. My reasoning was basically if I were to buy something for the small LTI perk it was going to be something I expected to die in. 

LTI reasoning makes sense.  Wish I'd known about the game when that perk was available.

#19 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

People might be waiting until release for the bigger ships? To see how it pans out with travel and the level of safety.  In EVE I have a T2 transport ship that barely sees the light of day.  The cost of losing it is too high and insurance doesn't begin to cover it.  Before deciding if I want to go that route in SC, I need to see how the combat and PVP mechanics play out.  Others might be in a similar mindset.

Exactly this. I have a feeling it's going to be pretty expensive constantly using those huge ships. You know pirates will be everywhere when the game starts up and small, cheap, plentiful pirate ships will have an advantage for a while.

The Idris is big enough now for a medium sized Organization to LIVE on it. It's going to be a nightmare losing those considering you typically just get the hull back and not all the modules you put in it. It really depends on WHERE you use it too. There is such a thing as non-insurable space in the game. Also as the security level goes down the farther out you go from the UEE, the less insurance will cover and the more it costs. I foresee a ton of these massive "starting" ships just floating around the UEE headquarters for a while lol.

Cargo ships all told we have a ton. The Aurora is even a cargo ship and can carry a decent sized load and do it cheaply. Then we have 48 total Freelancers, Constellations, Starfarers, Merchant, Retaliator, Caterpillar AND Cutlasses. All of which have cargo bays/space. That's just what people have reported. I have probably 10 more ships that are Retaliator/Caterpillar size or bigger for giveaways that I haven't added to the list.

But anyway, if you go by cargo sizes that we know of:

• 5 Starfarers = 375 tons (75 each)
  • 37.5 Auroras = 375 tons (10 each and we don't know how much the BIG storage will hold exactly)
  • 100 Auroras = 1,000 tons
  • 246 Auroras = 2,460 tons
  • 12 Avengers = 120 tons (10 each)
  • 10 Cutlass = 100 tons (10 each)
  • 19 Freelancers = 380 tons (20 each)
  • 14 Connies = 490 tons (35 each) (Chris stated these are the Millennium Falcons of SC. Do everything decently ships. Cargo is a thing they do.)
  • 5 Retaliators = 150 tons (30 each)
  • 4 Caterpillars = 80 tons (20 each)
  • 3 Idris = 300 tons (100 each)
  • 5 Banu Merchant ships = We don't know yet. My guess is somewhere between the Freelancer and the Starfarer. Probably 50 or 60 tons each?

The mercantile specific ships:

• 5 Starfarers = 375 tons
  • 19 Freelancers = 380 tons
  • 5 Banu Merchant
  • xx Auroras = 375 tons - 2400 tons. I imagine just about everyone will have an Aurora at some point after Squadron 42 ends.

#20 Chamrajnagar

Chamrajnagar

Advanced Member

• 60 posts
  • LocationMaryland, US

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:17 AM

I think it's as wes said, the threat of pirates early game is going to be quite substantial. It is going to take a while for organizations to get a hold on how to protect their convoys, and with players going in all different directions it is going to be very difficult to get anything meaningful from the chaos. 

Also, the merchants and starfarers are the definition of space cows. At the moment we don't know what it will take to protect them, and IF anyone is going to be that interested in protecting large vulnerable ships. I would consider it a huge investment risk to purchase one at this point. It would be a shame if one spent all that money on a ship that they can't even use for 6 months because of how often they get blown up (and yes, insurance will cover that... but you have to suck up the loss of cargo and that gets expensive!)

Chamrajnagar / XDMysticFlare

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WatR, Fleet, Star Citizen, ROMANTICORP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users