• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Avenger VS 325A

Avenger Star Citizen 325a

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Ulfberht

Ulfberht

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

I can't decide between the Avenger or the 325A. I'm wondering if anyone has some insights on these two ships that I might have missed. Here are my priorities and I would think I can outfit these ships for switching roles slightly...

Most Important:

* Combat Effectiveness against Drakes/Scythes/Hornets/P-52s/Auroras

* Would like some cargo space

Slight importance to me:

* 325a being outfitted as an explorer vessel

Slightly Less important to me:

* Which vehicle can be rigged to go faster (I assume the 325a here)

Not really important

* Cosmetic appeal and looks

Anyone have some advice for me? Which would you choose and why?

#2 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• 203 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:42 PM

I have a feeling the Upgrade slots will come into play in ways that we dont know yet.  Another thing to consider is... Don't trust the Ship Specs Page yet.

But According to the Specs Page - 

The 325 would have better maneuverability but has less cargo space.

It has More Upgrade slots but possibly less of an engine/primary thruster

I believe the 325 to be more destruction based where as the Avenger seems to be more of a Disabler ship in its stock config but i could be wrong (due to the fact that it can be used as a bouty hunter/prisoner transport type ship. 

As there has been Jack Shit written about all of the equipment listed,  we really have no idea what to consider better.

But then there is also the descriptions of the ships...

Just because it's a rough galaxy doesn't mean you need to sacrifice your comfort: the 325a can come out on top in any dogfight.  The 325a features and advance weapon payload as well as a custom targeting system designed especially for the 325a by WillsOp

The aegis Avenger has had a long and storied life as the standard patrol craft of the UEE Advocacy.  Although aging, the Avenger features a sturdy, reliable hull and the capacity for larger than expected engine mounts and a front mounted cannon guarenteed to strike fear into your opponents.

If they hold true to the Descriptions.... This could mean a few things...

1. Avenger will have a better durability once shields are down

2. Avenger will have the ability to mount bigger/better engines.

3.  325a will have a better targeting system (unsure how they can pull this off)

4,  325a will a better payload (doubtful unless they make specific weapons that cant mount on the avenger)

Frankly,  I like both ships but i like the sleekness of the 325 overall.

From a Idris Owners Standpoint... If you were to ask me which of these i would use other than Hornets in my Flight deck...

I wouldn't turn my nose up at either.

#3 Ulfberht

Ulfberht

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:36 AM

Thanks for the input. 

I think I will probably go with the 325... It's newer and I'm assuming to have more customization, which will come in handy for exploration and depending on the kinds of fights I'm expecting. I can't imagine the Avenger being faster if they've made a racing model of the 300i but anythings possible and it's a lot of speculation at this point.

After reading this month's Jump-point I had taken a look at our fleet spreadsheet and was very happy to see a couple Idris's. They look to be pretty kick ass.

#4 daedalus212

daedalus212

Advanced Member

• 129 posts
  • Locationcanada, ontario

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:48 AM

yes they have made a racing model of the 300i but, it has a different hull to fit a bigger engine and two thrusters. that is what makes it so fast. because it is a different hull then the 300i if you have a 300i/25a/15p you wont be able to upgrade it to the 350r engine. also take into consideration the very nice view of the avenger. but other then take they are basically the same ship just different aesthetics.

"Never underestimate teamwork, It gives the enemy something else to shoot at" -(Murphy's law of war) ///// "I would give you sloppy, nutty kisses." -SQIRL 2015 /////  "It's just big, Just too big for my hands." -SQiRL 2015 /////
my links (twitter) (steam)

#5 Falcon515

Falcon515

Advanced Member

• 73 posts
  • LocationUSA Michigan

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:39 AM

As it stands now, I would personally choose the 325a over the Avenger. The Avenger and 325 seem very comparable, the 325 being more specialized for combat while retaining the class and agility that comes with the Origin brand name. The Avenger sounds like it has better armor and a larger engine while sacrificing some maneuverability.

Something to consider: It's possible for the Avenger to have variants in the future. In that case, I would suggest the most combat specialized Avenger variant over the 325a.

#6 Ulfberht

Ulfberht

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:25 PM

If I do get a 325a, it's on the premise that I can switch it over to something like the 315 for exploring... at least something close.

#7 beelzeblob

beelzeblob

• 22 posts
  • LocationClemson, SC

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

I have a 300i right now that I'm purposefully not changing into a higher tier so I can see where my interests lie and expand in that direction. So much stuff sounds awesome, but I'm not sure what I'll like the most so I want to be able to pick that when I know better and be able to improve my ship as I please.

#8 Falcon515

Falcon515

Advanced Member

• 73 posts
  • LocationUSA Michigan

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:06 PM

From the sounds of it, the Avenger sounds like the ship that fits your needs/wants.

Avenger: Faster (bigger engine, yet same mass as 325), tougher, slightly more cargo

325a: nimbler, more upgrade slots

Their armaments look to be comparable as of now

If the customization and agility of the 325 fits your playstyle, I'd say go for it!

If speed and toughness are more your thing, then maybe choose the Avenger.

Just remember, the "combat effectiveness" of these two ships is completely dependent on the pilot's skill. Pick whichever one you want to fly around in space in! ;)

#9 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:45 PM

The Avenger is an ex-police ship. As of right now it's kind of a Bounty Hunter ship. It has room in the back for prisoners etc... That's the intention for that ship anyway.

The 300i (and variants because all the variants are the same ship just with some extra modules that come for free except for the 350r which has TWO engine hardpoints) in my opinion is the FIRST step up from the Aurora. It's not really a 100% purpose built ship. It's meant to be upgrade #1 from the starter ship and it can be outfitted to do a LITTLE bit of the 3 major roles. Dogfighting, exploration and trade. I would consider the 300i a LOT more versatile than the Avenger. The cargo sizes are getting a big revamp and the 300i is supposedly going to get a bit of a makeover inside so these are what I consider CIG's intentions to be for these two ships.

#10 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• 203 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

I dont know about the ease of swapping hull types later on.

Right now the only way to change hulls is with an upgrade token thru the pledge store. 

I wonder about the possibility of  CHOP SHOP types of setups where you can change your hull configurations from one model to another.  I don't think i have heard  anything about that though yet.

#11 Ulfberht

Ulfberht

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:33 PM

The Avenger is an ex-police ship. As of right now it's kind of a Bounty Hunter ship. It has room in the back for prisoners etc... That's the intention for that ship anyway.

... It's not really a 100% purpose built ship. It's meant to be upgrade #1 from the starter ship and it can be outfitted to do a LITTLE bit of the 3 major roles. Dogfighting, exploration...

What about exploring? I have a Freelancer which can navigate jump points but depending on how that function works, the 315 might be more ideal. Of course they might have something small and better before Beta. I think there is a X'ian ship I read about.

#12 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

What about exploring? I have a Freelancer which can navigate jump points but depending on how that function works, the 315 might be more ideal. Of course they might have something small and better before Beta. I think there is a X'ian ship I read about.

The Freelancer was billed as light cargo hauling ship and/or exploration because right now, it's the ONLY ship that comes with long range jump drives already installed.

The Freelancer is getting a major re-work in statistics and variants soon and so is the Constellation.

In my opinion, just going off of what I've seen, the Freelancer is a better exploration ship than the 300i. I really think the 300i is intended to be a jack of all trades, lower end, entry level sort of Attractive ship that gets people to buy into the game. The Freelancer is bigger but not so much bigger that it will have a hard time with navigating jump points or discovering stuff. The Freelancer also has more cargo room, bigger engines/fuel capacity, better defenses and can hold an NPC crew-mate or a PC crew-mate.

We don't really know anything about the Xi'an scout ship yet. It's going to be small and have alien systems so that it flies/pilots differently and I'm assuming it's a very light ship for scouting duties due to the name of it. So it will probably have some kind of speed/sensors/stealth packages.

#13 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

I dont know about the ease of swapping hull types later on.

Right now the only way to change hulls is with an upgrade token thru the pledge store. 

I wonder about the possibility of  CHOP SHOP types of setups where you can change your hull configurations from one model to another.  I don't think i have heard  anything about that though yet.

What do you mean change your hull?

#14 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• 203 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:21 PM

They currently have the hull upgrades on the website to the different models.    Maybe i should have said model upgrade instead.

The Ships dont have the same loadouts / hardpoints per hull type.... (300i, 315, 325, 350 etc)  So if you wanted the advantages of the 315 but only had a 300i, I dont know how easy it would be to swap back and forth between hull types in game.    Outside of game,  you can buy the upgrade kit for the 300i to go to a different model. 

I imagine that you can upgrade your ships to a different model later but i dont know if its a perma change or if you can simply apply it like a coat of paint at a shipyard.  (if this makes sense)

#15 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:50 PM

Oh wait. Did they change the hardpoints  on the different 300i models? If so, that's news to me. It used to be that they were all the same hard points except for the 350r that had two smaller engine hardpoints instead of one larger engine like the other 3 variants.

#16 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• 203 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

ok  no  maybe im just an idiot...

I guess i misread the ship specs page... the 325 is the only thing showing 2 class 3 hardpoints in use....  but maybe its that.. its the only one that actually comes with something on them rather than the only one having them.

The other 2 also show hardpoints there but nothing in the slot.....

ugh... im prolly just an idiot in how i interpreted the specs.

#17 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:39 PM

Every ship is basically a base hull and the variants just put things in the hardpoints so you don't have to buy those modules right off the bat. There are a FEW specific ship upgrades that DO change the hardpoints layout but not very many of those  yet.

#18 Ulfberht

Ulfberht

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

Alright, I think the winner is going to be that M50 Racer.... I was hoping for a more combat oriented version of the ship though... I'll have one soon enough, just waiting to click that buy button.

#19 Trooper_Ish

Trooper_Ish

• 6 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:00 PM

I've personally put my money on the Avenger, hoping It'll be a bit tougher, if a little less manouverable. Although the business hanger it came with may have swayed my opinion... Either way, I think they'll be horses for courses, depending on people's style and skill, and uses...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Avenger, Star Citizen, 325a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users