• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Caprture cards

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ZapSong

ZapSong

• 4 posts
  • LocationMajula

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

Hey guise! Zap here.

I've gathered you all here today (yes, I sent a special signal to your brains that made you come and check this forum out, you are not here entirely on your own free will huehue), a friend and I are looking into streaming. So far we have had one stream, it was okay I guess, the viewer count is really funky and at some point it claimed we had like 20-30 viewers which I severely distrust, but that is beside the point. And we used the built in streaming tools in the XBOne and PS4, but it's a little weird, plus the kinect camera hates our ugly faces and likes to freeze. It was okay I guess haha, I enjoyed it.

Our actual problem is trying to find a decent capture card, I haven't really looked much into it since I'm sort of the "talent" he is more of a tech guy at the moment lol, he hasn't really found anything that works well with actual broadcasting and not just recording. As far as consoles go, we're thinking XBOne and PS4, maaaaybe WiiU.

So yeah, we could really use some pointers, mostly trying to pick up the capture card, we can figure out the rest ourselves later on ;)

Thank you guise!! :D

#2 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• 203 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:45 PM

This is the one i am going to be setting up in my capcture pc when i finish my flight sim pit for the primary gaming computer

http://www.amazon.co...m/dp/B007UXJ6LE

#3 ZapSong

ZapSong

• 4 posts
  • LocationMajula

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:09 AM

Oh alright, that looks pretty decent, I'll pass the word :D

Thank you so much <3

#4 ThatAverageGuyMike

ThatAverageGuyMike

Advanced Member

• 35 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:35 PM

Hey Zap - Here's the capture card I have in my PC: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16815100049

It's much less expensive than some of the others, and will capture up to 720p very well. If you want to go higher than that, save some more cash and get the other one already linked to :)

It's worked great for me. I have been casting XBox 360 games on Twitch for the last few weeks with no problems. Hope you find what you're looking for!

#5 ZapSong

ZapSong

• 4 posts
  • LocationMajula

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

Yeah thank you guys, apparently my partner prefers external capture cards at the moment lol, but we are definitely looking to upgrade some time in the future, so I'll hold on to your info, hopefully it won't be too outdated by then haha.

Thank you both so much <3

#6 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:58 PM

The one that Sqirl linked is the best capture card on the market for enthusiast level streaming. (There are MUCH more expensive broadcast level things that will run you 4 to 5k).

Just about every single external cap card you use for streaming will introduce quite large delays which makes synching your sound a nightmare. I am 2 pc streaming with the card Sqirl linked and the delay is basically none. The card can also be used as a straight passthrough to facilitate streaming from consoles with 0 delay.

The only other card that comes close is the Black Magic card but it requires some pretty dang specific equipment in your PC that most people don't even know how to find out if they have or not. It's not a common thing either and it's not something you'll be able to/want to spend money on to change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users