• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Arena Commander - We'll have weekly/monthly in-org competitions.

star citizen dogfighting module arena commander competition

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

With Arena Commander looming and our Star Citizen ORG here with a serious lack of Star Citizen game to play, as soon as Arena Commander drops, we're going to have a weekly board for scores within Romanticorp and a monthly competition where you can win a $10 gift certificate on the RSI site. (these can add up of course if you win multiple times). We may have different criteria every month depending on how stats are tallied to help facilitate different "types" of winners so that more than just the "best" pilot in K/D's can win.

This will depend on ORGS 2.0 which Ben told me behind the scenes will release WITH the DFM. It will have multi-orgs and full on stat tracking for Arena Commander. (assuming what he told me still ends up coming to pass then).

Hopefully, there will also be entire ORG tracking and running this competition will help us stay competitive in the rankings. Who knows, maybe one of us will even be a top pilot? I hope so!

I want to try to incorporate this with my live stream in some way to bring recognition to the Org and the people participating with us every week. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions or ideas related to any of this, let me know!

#2 daedalus212

daedalus212

Advanced Member

• 129 posts
  • Locationcanada, ontario

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:25 PM

i have been trying to stay away from sc for the past bit, for my own reasons. but with the dfm coming out i cant stay away any longer and i am getting really excited for it. lets see who our best pilots are!

"Never underestimate teamwork, It gives the enemy something else to shoot at" -(Murphy's law of war) ///// "I would give you sloppy, nutty kisses." -SQIRL 2015 /////  "It's just big, Just too big for my hands." -SQiRL 2015 /////
my links (twitter) (steam)

#3 Ulfberht

Ulfberht

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:31 PM

Man I'm pretty pumped for this. I once tied Luke Skywalker's score in the training grounds in X-Wing Alliance in an X-Wing.. I'd like to think I'm a fair pilot. I'm very excited to find out for sure.... maybe. You guys will have to all lie to me if I suck.. not sure how I'll handle it emotionally. Never-mind that there will be metrics to show me the truth. I can just ignore those.

#4 MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

Advanced Member

• 140 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

Sounds like a blast!

#5 WildCard

WildCard

Advanced Member

• 124 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:23 AM

@Ulfberht, I think for awhile we'll all suck for a bit, for myself i'll start playing DCS-world A10, to get back into the swing of things, watching the space combat scenes of the reimagined BSG, also has some examples of combat manoeuver's revolving around Newtonian physics.

Also you've gotta love "Metrics", whoever design's them fails to realise that after all the ammo has run dry, you'll always have at least one shot at using the jet powered battering ram, the old "If I'm going down in flames, so are you" adage.....figure that one out metrics...

On topic...

I'd donate any certificate winnings to the members who have less than I to give them a leg-up, or return them into the pool so we could have a special prize for those who are finding it difficult but had a go anyway.

#6 Erivel

Erivel

Advanced Member

• 104 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:39 AM

We should also have training sessions, work out tactics, etc.  History can be useful here (i.e. historical dogfights) and concepts used there to great effect.  Also, there is a lot of room here for experimentation here, i think we should look into it.  The decoupled mode offers a LOT of potential in combat, and i think that training in using this could lead to an effective fighting force.

Also, let's kick some ass.

#7 WildCard

WildCard

Advanced Member

• 124 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

Absolutely, "Arena Commander" can be incorporated into "Romanticorp University" haha, for training purposes, as more content is released we can use it in AC to devise new ways to end people, in both atmospheric flight, and zero G, as well as boarding tactic's etc. Also as new items such as pressure suits come into play, that will shape tactics to our advantage by in-house R&D testing.

Yeah decoupled mode will give awesome combat potential, but only if we train and have a system of practiced tactics...looking forward to leaving a trail of smoking wreckage and frozen smeared meat in space...

#8 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:37 PM

I'm hoping at launch they'll let us coop in free flight mode or at least let us run private matches with only people the host invites. People seem to think private matches with your friends are a given because they saw that option in that last Arena Commander video but that's just a local/office build. We don't know for sure that we'll have that right off the bat.

We can set up some maneuvering and tactics classes. I know a fair bit about combat tactics when we're talking about atmospheric flight but a lot of that doesn't really relate to 0g. Energy is relative to the ships in 0g and not necessarily to your position/altitude and that's a major part of tactics that I don't know exactly how to translate to 0g.

I can come up with some basic drills/maneuvers and we can also just run a LOT of team vs. team battles with just Romanticorp to practice.

The goal is to encourage everyone to play it, a lot, and keep it from getting boring. We want to be prepared using whatever tools they give us.

#9 AkaiMahoMiru

AkaiMahoMiru

Advanced Member

• 88 posts
  • LocationOakwood, GA

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:18 PM

Looking forward to this, hopefully once squad multiplayer is fully up and running ^^

Banner.png

Best Regards!
AkaiMahoMiru

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: star citizen, dogfighting module, arena commander, competition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users