• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Organizations 2.0 etc etc

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 WildCard

WildCard

Advanced Member

• 124 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:53 AM

I was just responding to a post when an interesting thought occurred regarding the possibility of being in two organizations. I have no desire to be part of another Org, but stay as WATR but thought, what if the second Org was a part of WATR? as a sub Org..

Your main would be WATR, and the second could be the "Org" that you are posted to, such as your Fighter Wing, or the name of the Operations group you work from, such as "WATR Valley Forge UEE 772" etc etc. This could be kind of cool as we could run a competition to devise these names and unit "nicknames".

I intend to be here a long while, and thought of having some simple system of dossier set-up showing what people have done within the WATR system, internal transfers etc as well as internal commendations and medals etc (another idea to flesh out, as well as a rank system). Something as simple as a service record section on the member profile here, so what happens in-game as a community translates here as well, for those community members who haven't jumped on SC, and may strike up an interest due to what we are doing, and if they are a bit lost on how to do things, they can shoot a message off to the right person for advice, as the Black Ops guy may very well turn out to be the ships cook....

I'm not going on about full on roleplaying, but something simple:

- Enlisted, joined XYZ on x date, transferred to ABC, promoted to blahblah etc, demoted for using an Org hornet as a battering ram on x date.

So when people are promoted, the officers can check the "jacket" prior promoting, and members can have some sort of tangible history within WATR, I see SC being here for many years...

What do you folks think?

#2 Falcon515

Falcon515

Advanced Member

• 73 posts
  • LocationUSA Michigan

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

I hope that one Org is able to facilitate this kind of structure/ immersion without splitting up into sub-orgs. The idea of having separate divisions within one org is to allow players to switch between divisions; allowing them to mine, explore, or dogfight whenever they feel like it.

I really like your proposed service history record idea and having squadron/wing/division nicknames, I hope we are able to do something like this!

#3 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:25 PM

Sounds awesome. I like what you're saying. The great thing is we won't have to go to the trouble of separate, affiliate orgs to do this. We can make Divisions using the Orgs mechanics on the RSI site and you will be able to name them, assign members to them, give them icons/emblems, set up permissions, etc... So we can still do what you're talking about but we can just do it all within the one Organization. The only thing we MAY have in regard to an affiliate org that's still WATR is possibly a black ops thing. It depends on how all the hiding of org affiliation stuff works.

#4 WildCard

WildCard

Advanced Member

• 124 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:13 PM

"a black ops thing"...no such thing, that's our..."social club"..

Should be interesting to see how far CIG go's with Org customizations, I've run some large "guilds" only to have little to no love from Dev's in anything related to "guild" management, only incentives for people to join them, but nothing for those running them, to be able to effectively run them.

But as mentioned, if we have that type of flexibility within the system, it will add to immersion/community spirit, should be some eyebrow raising nicknames for units. haha not to mention a good competition that anyone can participate in.

#5 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:53 AM

"a black ops thing"...no such thing, that's our..."social club"..

Should be interesting to see how far CIG go's with Org customizations, I've run some large "guilds" only to have little to no love from Dev's in anything related to "guild" management, only incentives for people to join them, but nothing for those running them, to be able to effectively run them.

But as mentioned, if we have that type of flexibility within the system, it will add to immersion/community spirit, should be some eyebrow raising nicknames for units. haha not to mention a good competition that anyone can participate in.

Yeah I think it's great and one thing I had not thought of yet. We will definitely be doing something along these lines.

I'm with you on the no love with guild management. I've said many times the Orgs system is possibly my favorite part of this entire game so far. It's a dream come true for guild owners/officers etc...

#6 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:55 AM

I hope that one Org is able to facilitate this kind of structure/ immersion without splitting up into sub-orgs. The idea of having separate divisions within one org is to allow players to switch between divisions; allowing them to mine, explore, or dogfight whenever they feel like it.

I really like your proposed service history record idea and having squadron/wing/division nicknames, I hope we are able to do something like this!

Oh it will be able to. It's exactly like that. I spoke to Ben Lesnick a bit about the Orgs 2.0 thing (wasn't in the interview video) and I think everyone is going to be extremely happy. Also, he said Chris was going to talk about it during the DFM presentation but Chris never did. Chris was supposed to be telling us that Orgs 2.0 WILL drop at the same time as Arena Commander.

#7 Erivel

Erivel

Advanced Member

• 104 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

I've seen factions in other games assign ribbons or flair based on your service with the faction.  Shouldnt be too hard to get ahold of some software to do so.

#8 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:50 PM

Actually, that function exists on this forum software we're using. Dekko had planned to implement something along those lines once we get going. It's a time thing though and we hope to have badges/awards and such added here eventually.

#9 Erivel

Erivel

Advanced Member

• 104 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:33 AM

Cool!  I might ask, why are we not using it now, even just as a testing thing?

#10 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:17 PM

Cool!  I might ask, why are we not using it now, even just as a testing thing?

Time. Dekko manages everything on the site now and also works a more than full-time job.

For non-paying job, this stuff takes up a LOT of time. We just have to kind of get stuff done over time as we go.

#11 Ulfberht

Ulfberht

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:35 PM

Hey I was looking at the new Org system and wanting to play with it. Do we have any official word on Romanticorps exclusivity?

#12 Erivel

Erivel

Advanced Member

• 104 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:48 AM

Hey guys, PSA: Orgs 2.0 is up.

#13 WildCard

WildCard

Advanced Member

• 124 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:29 PM

Cheers will have to investigate...

#14 Coastal

Coastal

• 20 posts
  • LocationPerth, AUS

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:08 PM

Hey guys, PSA: Orgs 2.0 is up.

Excuse my ignorance - Somebody mentioned our current orgs system was more of a v1.5 than a v2.0, has that changed?

Star Citizen looks beautiful and so does this community  :D

#15 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:52 AM

That is technically Orgs 1.5. It was JUST the multi-org portion of the rollout. 2.o will supposedly include fleet lists etc...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users