Copied straight from the Alpha Forums - here -
Big Bag of Client Tweaks! (System.CFG)
If you have a good rig I've made some tweaks to the config file for the engine.
It makes a world of a difference in graphics quality.
- Global Illumination
- Increased Fog Quality
- Increased Shadow Resolution & Quality
- Normalized HDR Bloom and Level
- Increased View Distance
- Increased Object Rendering Distance
- Increased Flora Rendering Distance
- Enhanced ParticleFX (No more terrible clipping!)
- Better Depth of Field
- and more!
Most recent version is topmost.
- v4: http://pastebin.com/waT1vUAi
- v3: http://pastebin.com/HNTB66Da
- v2: http://pastebin.com/8M5Jh78Q
- v1: http://pastebin.com/KTRXhe8b
You can find the file at ..\My Documents\ArcheAge\system.cfg
Open it with Notepad or another text editing program: Notepad++, Sublime, vim etc.
Just add the set below the already existing settings and overwrite the older tweaks if they exist.
If you can't find it, just copy and paste this in Explorer or Run:
Field of View
You can alter the FOV settings by adding the following line to your system config file:Change the value 60 to your desired FOV.Code:cl_fov = 60
WSGF has a very nice FOV calculator you can use: http://www.wsgf.org/fovcalc.php
- Disabled LOD Cvars, after plentiful testing and reports they seem hardcoded.
- Increased Particle FX Quality.
- Shadows are improved! As they properly cover an entire area instead of clipping 40ft in front of the character (Really big objects and buildings).
- Shadows from light sources are now a higher resolution.
- Wind effects! Certain vegetation meshes now move in the wind.
- Water caustics now use deferred shading.
- Crashing should now be fixed!
- Screen space reflections now have glossiness
- SSAO is disabled once again infavor of SSDO after performance testing
- Enabled Scissor Test (allows for proper clipping when utilized, mostly by shadows)
- Enabled PCF Shadowing
- Full Deferred Lighting and Shaders
- Improved Cloth Physics Simulation
- Misc Character Animations IK and Physics
- HDR Sound Ranges (Might be default already)
- Dynamic Reverb
- Further increased LODs and Render Distance