• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Drama on the Official Forums or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Romantics

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MarcusAleksandr

MarcusAleksandr

• 13 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:25 PM

So there has recently been some drama on the official forums, with accusations and bans being thrown around, rightly or not. This is not a discussion as to who was right or wrong!

I just wanted to say how much I enjoy this community, hanging out in the forums and the stream, people are polite and caring and accepting, and just really lovely. I don't think anyone here cares about anyone else's race, gender, sexual orientation or whatever, in the best way.

Hell, I don't care. Provided you've got a sense of humour, and we can fly on each other's wing, we'll get along just fine.

Cheers, Romantics. 

#2 Shiverin

Shiverin

• 15 posts
  • LocationMiami, Florida

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:36 PM

It's one of the cornerstones Wes has put forward, one of the many reasons I joined this community also.

I'm sure we'll all get to be the wingman of someone someday. Lets hope we are winning :D

The Cosmos is filled with tons of unanswered questions, I have but one, are you friend or foe?

#3 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:56 PM

Every day is drama day on the official forums. However, keep in mind that this goes for (almost) every MMO out there, especially before the release... People are hyped and have nothing better to do than to post on forums.

It won't even become better once the game goes live because the satisfied part of the community will be actually in the game, playing it, while the vocal minority stays on forums to yell at developers.

What I'm trying to say is... yeah, WATR is awesome :)

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#4 Madhukar

Madhukar

• 21 posts
  • LocationModesto, CA

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:17 AM

I absolutely agree, I spent some time reading the forums and just grew a bit sad, but then I hop on over here and see some cool discussions and nice people :D. Definitely the kind of people I want to travel the verse with.

#5 Shiverin

Shiverin

• 15 posts
  • LocationMiami, Florida

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:37 AM

Me too, and I am a patient person but it is sad and frustrating that just about every two or three threads is a complaint or concerned about something. Most are just trolling there and I call it out if I think it is. Here it's much more productive and non-complaining. I think we have a great community here and can't wait to see us on action in the verse.

The Cosmos is filled with tons of unanswered questions, I have but one, are you friend or foe?

#6 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:38 PM

Awesome! I'm glad you guys feel that way and it's one of the goals of this community and even the name "Romantics". It's a damn video game and something we want to do for fun times, not complaining and pissy attitudes. The real world works just fine for being crappy. These games are an escapism for us. Romanticism for me means Idealism. It means taking a product like Star Citizen, which I'm very excited about regardless of whether everything promised is delivered or not. It's going to be great anyway! There's nothing else out there like it and we want to play this kind of game. What's NOT to be positive about? Get your rose tinted glasses on Romantics. Star Citizen looks beautiful and so does this community :D

#7 WildCard

WildCard

Advanced Member

• 124 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:46 AM

I only go to the official forums for a quick scan for anything of interest, (also to check ship sales haha) then wait till I see the full details from "The Hull Truth". I tend to get tired of seeing "On open letter to......." or "Why I think they should do this" or "If they listened to me" posts....but I do post if something is of interest, but as a rule 90% of my SC forum time is here.

I have left an MMO with over 20 toons, some of which had over a year of actual time played, there was no real community spirit left in the guild, and felt I was grinding for all the wrong reasons, so one day I just let my sub lapse, guild control of over 700 people went to another person and I simply left. I find at the moment I get more satisfaction from spending time lurking here, as we plan our domination of the Persistent Universe and once my work roster settles down I can help contribute more...(I'm mining and the internet in the middle of no-where is near useless, better chance of picking up a signal meant for SETI).

I'm not fussed when it comes out, it will be out when it's ready. In the meantime, I'm happy to be part of a mature (ish) haha, positive community. I've looked at a few organizations, "we have ex-military leadership, we have this, we have that...." I read why Wes created this community, and the thought occurred that this is where I should be...also in a way I'm glad the game will take some time to be released, as it gives this community time to actually become a community of like minded people, and in my opinion having Star Citizen is just an added bonus for being part of the Romantics.

#8 Lutra

Lutra

• 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:19 PM

I have left an MMO with over 20 toons, some of which had over a year of actual time played, there was no real community spirit left in the guild, and felt I was grinding for all the wrong reasons

I know that feeling too!  When I finally cut the cord with WoW years ago (before expansions) my guild was at a point where we'd conquered everything, but it was going to be another year of grinding before I had a full set of gear because of how long it takes to equip a 40 person raid worth of people + alternates that cycle through.  If you've beaten Ragnaros +10 times it gets old.  Looking forward to a multiplayer game that doesn't seem like it'll revolve around repetitive quests.

#9 WildCard

WildCard

Advanced Member

• 124 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:37 PM

Yeah Lutra, it was beginning to feel like a job....ugh, yup here is a good place to be with civilised gentlemen/ladies.

Almost had an urge to listen to some "Chap Hop" haha

#10 Coastal

Coastal

• 20 posts
  • LocationPerth, AUS

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:39 AM

Awesome! I'm glad you guys feel that way and it's one of the goals of this community and even the name "Romantics". It's a damn video game and something we want to do for fun times, not complaining and pissy attitudes. The real world works just fine for being crappy. These games are an escapism for us. Romanticism for me means Idealism. It means taking a product like Star Citizen, which I'm very excited about regardless of whether everything promised is delivered or not. It's going to be great anyway! There's nothing else out there like it and we want to play this kind of game. What's NOT to be positive about? Get your rose tinted glasses on Romantics. Star Citizen looks beautiful and so does this community :D

annnnnnnnnnnnd I've found my sig. Awesome work Wes ;P

Star Citizen looks beautiful and so does this community  :D

#11 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

Awesome Wildcard.

Lol @ Coastal. You're welcome.

#12 Ulfberht

Ulfberht

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:43 AM

Hey, I thought of a fun social experiment. Someone should pretend to be playing Arena Commander and go on the RSI forums say how awesome it is. The more recent the backer the better.

In all seriousness I like the cornerstone of positivity, even if my spell checker doesn't. When I played EQ I was a hater but didn't even realize it until I quit. Hopefully the hate was internal and it didn't rub off on the players I played with. I had a list of names that I intended to feign death on during their guild raid but I could never grind a monk to a high enough level. I like the idea of being positive and having fun being something that is important.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users