• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

The Espionage Meta-Game

orgs organizations espionage spy

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 RIPresent

RIPresent

• 18 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:02 PM

With the addition of the affiliate orgs as well as the visibility options, how many of you have plans to/already have joined affiliated orgs for the purpose of espionage?

Any of you out there looking to take a peak at the interior of Imperium? Are you corrupt enough to manipulate the faith of L.A.M.P's most dedicated followers? Or are you like me and just joined WATR because you like Wes and the other romantics?

#2 WildCard

WildCard

Advanced Member

• 124 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:58 AM

Think I'd just stay WATR, any affiliate orgs would be along the lines of "The (Insert Ship Here) owners club etc", or an "Occupation specific" org, such as a "Bounty Hunters Association" etc as an example, to get tips for a specific job.

Any affiliate orgs that were not "Owners Clubs", or "Role Specific Associations" that I join would be sub orgs of WATR

#3 Lutra

Lutra

• 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:23 PM

I signed up for WATR over those other options specifically to avoid that sort of underhanded BS.  My idea of fun doesn't involve human players being betrayed.  Honorable combat is great, even stealth ambushes, but not traitors and spies, bleah.

#4 WildCard

WildCard

Advanced Member

• 124 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:01 PM

**Note to self**

Get large Manticore tattoo...

But I see what your getting at, and I think EVE with scams and heist's , certainly makes for interesting reading.

Also I think WATR leadership should be restricted for members part of only WATR orgs, or a select approved org's such as owners associations, trade guilds and WATR members associate orgs, (Example Wes has another account and uses it to establish, the Wes Zoolander Center for Kids who can't read good".

The other orgs would have to be vetted by WATR hierarchy before being added to the "approved list"

#5 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:35 AM

I was hoping that with the Multi-org inclusion we would get better control of stuff as officers but, it's kind of limited right now.

Our numbers will swell a bit for a while but they will be culled again in the future when I start removing people that are trying to hide their affiliations etc... 

My original rule was that WatR would be a Primary org only and affiliates you join would have to be approved by leadership. The way they have implemented the system so far though, allows me to see what people are doing. I can tell whether a person is affiliated with someone else or not even if they hide it because I'm an officer. I don't quite understand why it's like that yet so as I figure this system out and the meta around it, rules will change.

Our goal is to be the Primary org for our members and our affiliates will be dedicated allies or sub-divisions of our own org.

For now, everyone is welcome to hang out and enjoy the Romantics community but down the road somewhere when rules are more defined, adjustments will be made.

#6 WildCard

WildCard

Advanced Member

• 124 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:04 AM

"Adjustments will be made"............a 2am visit, from the **WATR "Social Club"..(Black Ops)

Just holding out till we have our sub-orgs set up, in fact you can switch off org invites under the settings page on RSI's site.

**And when we have internal affiliate orgs, can we have the WATR Social Club, for -REDACTED- Ops....haha

#7 Coastal

Coastal

• 20 posts
  • LocationPerth, AUS

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:32 AM

I'm against rigid enforcement of any unique-org policy, for what it counts.

Let me clarify, before booking my appointment with the "Social Club"!!!  :o

If I'm ever caught in a situation way-out from any other WATR (Or whatever primary org) members, then I like the concept of having nearby friendly people to help out.

This can, of course, be solved by having massive membership numbers; but the last group I was associated with  which had a large playerbase was certainly not what it appeared - 80% of that playerbase was inactive.

Another issue I foresee, is when only people whom I *don't want* to be flying around with from the primary org are "available", or that members of the org are particularly anti-social, strongly opinionated or just plain dickheads (to put it bluntly.).
This happened with a World of Tanks group I was with recently - there were plenty of members online, but none even remotely interested in helping out or platooning with me. The few times I did join up with other members, they were quite obnoxious, rude and generally not any benefit to playing with. I was better off running solo, so I left.
The issue here is that, suppose there ARE members that I enjoy flying with. Suppose there's quite a few members, so much that I don't want to leave the primary org, but as it happens, they're not available. Being a member of several orgs potentially alleviates this issue, wherein I can fly with people who aren't dickheads.

The obvious retort is; "Join a primary org with members who are considerate and not retarded", and I hope I've found that here, but there are always exceptions. People are a varied bunch, after all.

Tl:Dnr - I'd like to make a lot of friends and not play with idiots, given the chance.

Star Citizen looks beautiful and so does this community  :D

#8 RIPresent

RIPresent

• 18 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:35 AM

If I'm ever caught in a situation way-out from any other WATR (Or whatever primary org) members, then I like the concept of having nearby friendly people to help out.

This can, of course, be solved by having massive membership numbers; but the last group I was associated with  which had a large playerbase was certainly not what it appeared - 80% of that playerbase was inactive.

Another issue I foresee, is when only people whom I *don't want* to be flying around with from the primary org are "available", or that members of the org are particularly anti-social, strongly opinionated or just plain dickheads (to put it bluntly.).
This happened with a World of Tanks group I was with recently - there were plenty of members online, but none even remotely interested in helping out or platooning with me. The few times I did join up with other members, they were quite obnoxious, rude and generally not any benefit to playing with. I was better off running solo, so I left.
The issue here is that, suppose there ARE members that I enjoy flying with. Suppose there's quite a few members, so much that I don't want to leave the primary org, but as it happens, they're not available. Being a member of several orgs potentially alleviates this issue, wherein I can fly with people who aren't dickheads.

The obvious retort is; "Join a primary org with members who are considerate and not retarded", and I hope I've found that here, but there are always exceptions. People are a varied bunch, after all.

Tl:Dnr - I'd like to make a lot of friends and not play with idiots, given the chance.

"Tl:Dnr - I'd like to make a lot of friends and not play with idiots, given the chance."

I think that sums up every game I've ever played.

#9 Crazy Aces

Crazy Aces

• 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:49 PM

Agreed as well. That's why I joined. We don't need to be the biggest/richest, just want to be around trustworthy players. 

Looking forward to playing with all of you.

- CraZ As

[---||---||---||---||---||---||---||---||---||---||---||---||---||---||---||---||---||---||---||---||---||---]

“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.” 
― Weihui Zhou

#10 elvismiggell

elvismiggell

Advanced Member

• 42 posts
  • LocationLingfield, UK

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:07 AM

Probably the only other Org I'd join would be either;

If my real life local friends set one up.

Any 'official' Reddit org.

Neither of which would need to be hidden.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: orgs, organizations, espionage, spy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users