• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Wingmans Hanger is Ending! What does this mean for The Hull Truth?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Coastal

Coastal

• 20 posts
  • LocationPerth, AUS

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:26 PM

(Link: https://forums.rober...anation#latest)

Is this going to affect the regular release of The Hull Truth?

Given the latest 'quality' of questions presented by 10ftc as well, this only sounds like it'll make Wes's production schedule even more difficult!

Star Citizen looks beautiful and so does this community  :D

#2 WildCard

WildCard

Advanced Member

• 124 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:49 PM

Good point...

I guess it will depend on the format and length, as the new "show" will cover all the work groups activities and not just the community team. This "could" mean the show may only be fortnightly, and possibly run longer than the WMH format. If anything hopefully the quantity of quality information will be increased, and may impact Wes's schedule....like anything I guess we'll see.

Wes may have to do stand-up comedy every second week....come to think of it did CIG even ask Wes for permission to change WMH?

#3 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:48 AM

On the other hand, it could mean even more traffic for Wes. People who are used to get weekly information from the WH will look to other sources like the Hull Truth. 

And besides, we will still have "10 for the chairman", right?

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#4 DekkoCards

DekkoCards

Administrator

• 285 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:44 AM

"Wingmans Hanger is Ending! What does this mean for The Hull Truth?"

...Less Competition, muawahahahaha  wesFist 

#5 Coastal

Coastal

• 20 posts
  • LocationPerth, AUS

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:32 AM

Wes may have to do stand-up comedy every second week

Oh how I would love to hear that dulcet Texan tone delivering delightfully titillating descriptions of tepid dedications to deciduous trollops and drongoes!

Star Citizen looks beautiful and so does this community  :D

#6 RIPresent

RIPresent

• 18 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:19 AM

Well, another show is replacing it and 10 for the chairman is still a thing, so I can see plenty of information still coming straight out of CIG for Wes to cover.

#7 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:30 AM

"Wingmans Hanger is Ending! What does this mean for The Hull Truth?"

...Less Competition, muawahahahaha  wesFist 

THIS! :D

I was worried for about 10 seconds when I heard this and then I remembered the ONLY thing I get out of Wingman's Hangar every week is maybe 1 little bit of info from a studio visit they do and then the Q&A which, is probably the worst part of my show. Doing that Q&A is a massive lull in the show that takes up a ton of time to reiterate questions that have been heard a million times.

The #1 complaint I've always received is related to the Q&A portion. It's just boring on my show.

CIG is about to raise the bar on regurgitated information in my opinion. We have the weekly Arena Commander report. We have the Monthly report and now we'll have this show every week that does BASICALLY the same thing? It won't have a consistent host and it will just be a look at each office and what they're currently doing. So we'll be hearing that same info probably 2 to 3 times a month at least.

As far as my show goes, I cut stuff out every single week just to keep it under 25 minutes because of all the regurgitated information. This will be great for me. I can add a segment or two that will be more engaging/fun OR I'll have more real information to report IF the new show is actually insightful.

We'll see how it goes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users