• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Introduction of Icidian/Jeff

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Icidian

Icidian

Advanced Member

• 37 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:59 PM

Greetings all,

I'm your latest newb and a big fan of your community and creativity.  I am currently "Icidian" in everything I'm actively playing, which are STO and Archeage.  My friends call me Ici and my real life name is Jeff.  For a little more about me, please refer to my Romanticorp application listed below.

I look forward to meeting you all and contributing what I can to WaTR.

Romanticorp App:

Basic info:

Gaming/online name: Icidian
Timezone: PST

Introduction:
As an old Wing Commander pilot and PC gamer, I've been following Star Citizen for some time.  As I've been using "The Hull Truth" as a primary source for my intel, I recognized Wes on an Archeage stream and I've been following him and the Romantics every since.  After researching Wes, and more importantly WaTR, I believe my personality is well suited for the group.  I am a devout believer in the Four Cornerstones and liked everything I read in the Manifesto.  I deeply believe in good community gaming, which is sadly lacking in Archeage.  I once lead an online/in-game guild and though the game has waned in popularity, many of us still retain meaningful real life relationships.  I don't take credit for that, mind you, as I was just fortunate to have fallen in with such a wonderful group of people.  My saying is that if you surround yourself with great people, only great things will follow.

Some specifics about myself:
I am a happily married, middle-aged father of four, living in Portland, Oregon.  I am a tabletop gamer who began gaming online in the 90s with text-based MMOs like Gemstone.  My first traditional MMO experience was Everquest and Lineage.  I've dabbled with several other games but invested a significant amount of my past gaming in Lord of the Rings Online and Star Trek Online.

Currently, I'm in the Archeage Alpha and anxiously awaiting Star Citizen.  I've purchased the Constellation therein as a Rear Admiral.  Though I have a busy RL, I am usually online daily in one form or another.

Thank you for the consideration and regardless of acceptance, I appreciate everything WaTR represents.  I could only hope more online community members follow the same direction.

Sincerely,
Icidian
Icidian@gmail.com
Icidian (in the Romantics Community)

"In valor there is hope."

#2 OctainX

OctainX

Advanced Member

• 30 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:08 PM

Welcome! I hope to fly with you some day. When ever the game gets released (2015+)?

#3 WildCard

WildCard

Advanced Member

• 124 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:59 AM

Welcome!

A lot of us are in the same boat, jobs/families etc etc, a mature motley bunch. Awesome intro, pretty much sums up this community and it's members. The Hull Truth, bought a lot of people here, and in a short space of time a great community has sprung up, to bolster the existing numbers.

Expect the numbers and activity to increase as SC gets released, as more news of the game spreads, good times ahead! Once again Welcome.

#4 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:49 PM

Welcome! It's great to have you and also to see you over at the live stream regularly. We're still having a blast in ArcheAge, especially now that more folks are hitting level 50.

See you on the stream and around the forums!

#5 pyso_

pyso_

Advanced Member

• 157 posts
  • LocationTrondheim, Norway

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:12 AM

Hey Icidian, welcome to the gang! Glad to have you among us, stay romantic! wesHeart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users