• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Youtube may be buying Twitch

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheWinslow

TheWinslow

Advanced Member

• 73 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:27 AM

Well then...anybody else see this already?

Seems Google may be buying Twitch for over $1 billion. Hopefully this is just a rumor. For all twitch's flaws, it is a far superior service to Youtube for streaming. We could also kiss playing music while streaming goodbye if this happens.

My only hope is that (if the deal goes through) Google will leave twitch pretty much alone while improving the backend. Will we get rid of the chat delay/dropped messages? Nope.

#2 WildCard

WildCard

Advanced Member

• 124 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:37 AM

Interesting....

If it happens, they have to overcome the "Anticompetitive" hurdle, early days of the deal and if approved we'll see if Twitch remains the same, or if you'll log in with your Google account.

Having said that, it opens the doors to other individuals to capitalize and create their own version of Twitch, if Google changes the format too much.....RomanticTV anyone?

#3 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:51 PM

Stuff like this is always scary for someone in my position. Not big enough to warrant saving but big enough to make money off of my streaming. I'm worried about the copyright stuff google is so afraid of becoming an issue and the Subcriber setup we have now which basically helps me pay my bills.

Getting 400 concurrent viewers is fine for me but people like Lethalfrag at 5 to 7k concurrent viewers will be the people that are guaranteed to survive it.

#4 TheWinslow

TheWinslow

Advanced Member

• 73 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:19 PM

I'm just hoping that it will be struck down because it could be seen as noncompetitive. Not that that seems to stop companies these days. I'm also hoping it is just a rumor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users