• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Potential New Computer (Desktop) ?

computer new desktop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AirMarshallBen

AirMarshallBen

• 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:26 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm a beginner when it comes to PC's and especially desktops so I thought i'd throw this information out there in the hopes that I might get some feedback on whether it looks like the specs are up to an alright standard. I'm hoping to use it to play high end powerful games and also use video editing software without much trouble. Maybe in the future it will be used for livestreams as well but here is the info:

Basic Specification: 

Fractal Design Define R4 Low Noise Case
Intel Core i7 4770K Processor at up to 4.5GHz 
Akasa Venom Voodoo Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler 
ASUS Z87-K, LGA1150, Z87 
16GB Corsair PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3 Memory 
Chillblast NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Graphics Card 
120GB Samsung 840 EVO Solid State Drive 
1000GB 7200RPM Hard Disk - 6Gbps 
LG Blu-Ray ROM / DVD-RW Combi Drive 
Corsair Ultra Low Noise 600W PSU 
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 

2 year collect and return UK Warranty 

7 x USB 2.0 ports 
2 x USB 3.0 ports 
1 x PS/2 for keyboard 
Audio outputs 
1 x 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet for network 
2 x DVI output 
1 x HDMI output 
1 x DP output 

Ports on case: 

2 x USB 2.0 ports 
2x USB 3.0 ports 
FP audio 

The company that do this are Chillblast. 
The cost originally is roughly £1300 however I should be able to get it at the reduced price of around £750-£800
As I said i'm new to all of this so be gentle :D But any info would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers,

Ben

#2 DragonKitty

DragonKitty

Advanced Member

• 52 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:09 PM

It all seems to be compatible, though I do suggest building it yourself! it will be way cheaper and you can still use their specs. If you do, do that I also suggest checking different brands like for instance (check reviews on specific parts with that brand) , the Corsair PSU is good however for the same price you can get a XFX pro650w 80+ bronze atx it is energy efficient and a good one ( this is what I purchased for my build this year after 2 others I purchased failed on me and almost ruined my mobo) its a heavy psu (which is good. the heavier the better) and has worked amazingly for me so far, I also suggest for the ram using the Corsair Ballistix sport or Corsair Ballistix Tactical they have really good heatsinks built on that are not high profile so will fit a build easy and they are also not expensive. both those should be available to eu also. and i also believe the psu is also avail. eu side. price out the build if you were to do it yourself vs if the company did it for you. it is actually rather simple to build it yourself once you get past where to plug in what into the mobo (which is also kinda simple after you look up a few things. But all in all the build looks great, though i do strongly suggest the psu and ram I mentioned (both rams will work with your mobo and so should the psu.)

I do not mean to offend, but I can not honestly say I really care if I do or not....

#3 AirMarshallBen

AirMarshallBen

• 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:14 PM

Ok great, thanks alot! 
I'm just slightly dubious of building it myself as its my first desktop ever but i understand where you are coming from :P 
I'll look into it for sure,

Cheers

#4 DragonKitty

DragonKitty

Advanced Member

• 52 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

awesome glad i could help. honestly the rig i am using now is the first one i built also. and i learned a lot from my friend about gpus ( which was the main reason i was afraid to build one)  this is my current build and i am using windows 7 home 64bit

CPU- Amd 8350 x8 core black

GPU- EVGA Geforce GTX 760

RAM- 16g (2x 8g sticks)

CPU cooler- Noctua NH-D14

Case- Rosewell Galaxy-02-a

Hard Drive- WD green 1T

MotherBoard- Gigabyte 990fxa ud3

I do not mean to offend, but I can not honestly say I really care if I do or not....

#5 AirMarshallBen

AirMarshallBen

• 12 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:25 AM

Yeah gotcha Kitty, thanks again :) i'll have a think 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: computer, new, desktop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users